Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

That's got to be a typo.

2.29 :eek:. No, it's a typo. I always remember it being 2.79, which is lightning.

Maybe it is a typo.... but I've always thought it to be 2.29. Is there some official AFL link? not what someone has posted on a forum?

Logically I couldn't see how an English 200cm male can out accelerate a 180ish cm aboriginal. Not being racists here just from a pure sports medicine point of view, ie the fast twitch fiber ratio would be much greater in Pearce than it is in Moran hence greater acceleration. But freaks in nature do exists :)

Maybe it is a typo.... but I've always thought it to be 2.29. Is there some official AFL link? not what someone has posted on a forum?

It's 2.79.

2.29 is impossible.

Logically I couldn't see how an English 200cm male can out accelerate a 180ish cm aboriginal. Not being racists here just from a pure sports medicine point of view, ie the fast twitch fiber ratio would be much greater in Pearce than it is in Moran hence greater acceleration. But freaks in nature do exists :)

Moran is definitely a freak in an athletic sense. I think he ran a 2.78 at QLD state screening.

2.29 is impossible.

Nothing is impossible ;) its all about nailing the start.

0.5 of a second is can definitely be made up.

And yeah no doubt Moran is athletically gifted, however theres a reason why no white man has run under 10 seconds for the 100 meter sprint, fast twitch fiber ratios are just better in dark skinned athletes, its a scientific fact. My brain still says Pearce would out sprint Moran 9 time out of 10. This is all irrelevant though, Moran is no doubt a physical specimen and I really hope he becomes a champion player.

I haven't heard any talk of Moran possibly being played as a forward??? does he have no goal kicking sense?? To me thats the area where we need some x-factor

Speaking well aint going to get the job done on the footy feild.

Its also not going to stop him from playing well.

It however might demonstrate a good attitude, which, as the Pfeiffer affair has shown is just as important as pure talent.

Nothing is impossible ;) its all about nailing the start.

0.5 of a second is can definitely be made up.

And yeah no doubt Moran is athletically gifted, however theres a reason why no white man has run under 10 seconds for the 100 meter sprint, fast twitch fiber ratios are just better in dark skinned athletes, its a scientific fact. My brain still says Pearce would out sprint Moran 9 time out of 10. This is all irrelevant though, Moran is no doubt a physical specimen and I really hope he becomes a champion player.

I haven't heard any talk of Moran possibly being played as a forward??? does he have no goal kicking sense?? To me thats the area where we need some x-factor

Didn’t that Aussie sprinter break the 10 sec barrier?

:D:D

I have to admit that same thought went through my mind.

He's a young man with attitude and seemingly determination - attributes that give him every chance of being a successful AFL footballer.

John lumbering Meesen - please note.

I'm looking forward to pre-season training in January and seeing Moran training live. :thumbsu:

when does pre-season start? im moving house to just round the corner from AAMI, so i'll be stalking the training sessions all summer :D

And yeah no doubt Moran is athletically gifted, however theres a reason why no white man has run under 10 seconds for the 100 meter sprint, fast twitch fiber ratios are just better in dark skinned athletes, its a scientific fact.

Have to pull you up for this generalisation BunjiMac.

Has there been a top line sprinter from Kenya or Morocco? They are endurance athletes not sprinters. ;)

Have to pull you up for this generalisation BunjiMac.

Has there been a top line sprinter from Kenya or Morocco? They are endurance athletes not sprinters. ;)

You are right there they are endurance athletes, but if you opened up a kenyan or moroccan and studied his anatomy and compared it to a white persons, you will find that they have a greater fast twitch fiber ratio than the white man. What does this mean then?? If you took a kenyan, moroccon and a white man of similar size and trained them all as sprinters giving them all the same resources and diet, the white man will unfortunately finish last 9 times out of 10 in a sprint contest.

It is also often said that kenyans in particular are great distance runners due to the terrain that they live in causing them to have a great amount of aerobic enzyme in their thighs. This means that they can alter the pace frequently without tiring easily.

It's just a medical fact, darker skinned people have greater fast twitch fiber ratios than light skin people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn't change the fact that Moran ran a faster time in the 20m sprint than Pearce.

LOL true....

if that is in fact pearces time?? can someone confirm that the 2.79 was Pearces. All I can find are post on BigFooty or some other forum when I look for the official results.

If every forum has the same result maybe that's because it's the correct one.
http://www.*************.au/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t664.html

If every forum has the same result maybe that's because it's the correct one.
http://www.*************.au/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t664.html

I would just like an official link so i can show the guys at my work, who are quite skeptical. I work in a sports medicine center and we deal with alot of AFL players and theres quite a bit of debate about this at the moment

Suprised theres he didn't talk about being a forward in the interview- show the club are probably grooming him into a ruck/defensive option. While we do need another key defender, I don't see how Moran's going to get more opportunity here than the Kangaroos. We have Rutten, Stevens and Bock as talls down back who are all young and should be the talls for our backline for years to come. + theres also Bassett who should slot straight back into our side. So Moran is basically 5th in line as a tall down back. In the ruck he'd be fighting with Maric, Griffen and Biglands for 2 ruck spots. No one has really cemented their name into those 2 spots. Biglands was injured last year and while Maric and Griff were promising, they were no where near certainties to grab hold of a ruck spot. IMO the club should produce him into either a ruckman or forward. We don't have many talls up forward. Gill, Welsh (he plays as a KPP), McGregor, Tippett and Sellar. While there are more Moran would be competing with more talls for a spot in the side up foward, they aren't exactly big names. Tippett and Sellar should be forwards but haven't really shown us they can hold down a spot next year. Tippett is highly rated, should get a game next year if fit but Sellar has a long way to go. McGregor is either unfit or is feeling it- he should be a depth player only or a 3rd tall at best. Welsh was our leading goalkicker this year but he's not exactly a match winner- kicks the goals when the games just about over. He's a handy option and would be a good option when he's not on the 1st or 2nd defender. Gill is a very handy player. He should be our CHF and showed very promising signs. Works his but off. I recko he could be suited to a HFF even. Him and Birdman on both HFF's would be extremely dangerous. He's pretty quick, agile good at ground level, great mark and has x-factor. Birdman + Gill at ther HFF would be and insane pairing. IMO Moran has more chance up forward than down back (if no injuries occur that is). He'd have more chance in the ruck as well. However if Tippett becomes a forward, Maric/Griff in the ruck and Moran down back- We'd have one hell of a ruck combination. Maric/Griff would just stay in the midfield clogging up the middle and only doing ruckwork in the middle. Moran rucksdown back, Tippett rucks up forward. Scary.

Do you have a personal problem with paragraphs? ;)

I think our tall backman stocks are very thin. Rutten and Bock are a very solid combo. Although Bock looks very comfortable at CHB, I think he has the utility to play as the 3rd tall. Stevens is often under rated, but he is really a 3rd tall ideally. Bassett has a maximum 3 years left, but I wouldn't be surprised one iota is this was his last year. Moran probably has another year or two before he starts looking to forge his way into the best 22, so by the time Moran is ready, Bassett will be gone or battling injury. Gallman is still very young for a tall, and I think the fact he was promoted, rather than retained on the rookie list, demonstrates that the AFC are concerned about this area (no sledge on Gallman, as I haven't seen as much of him as some others and it seems I've only seen him in quieter games).

So in a couple years our only defensive talls will be Rutten, Bock, Stevens, Moran & Gallman. Stevens & Bock all offer utility as well, so they may start/rotate as forwards. There is every chance that in any given week there will be injury or a performance lull from any of these guys. Also, Moran playing a ruck role in the backlines may be very useful. Thats plenty of opportunity for Moran to flourish. Lets also not forget here than Moran is a project player and could very easily be a spectacular fail. But for #37 it wasn't a bad trade at all. For Meesen, thats another issue I've posted on enough already.

Do you have a personal problem with paragraphs? ;)

I think our tall backman stocks are very thin. Rutten and Bock are a very solid combo. Although Bock looks very comfortable at CHB, I think he has the utility to play as the 3rd tall. Stevens is often under rated, but he is really a 3rd tall ideally. Bassett has a maximum 3 years left, but I wouldn't be surprised one iota is this was his last year. Moran probably has another year or two before he starts looking to forge his way into the best 22, so by the time Moran is ready, Bassett will be gone or battling injury. Gallman is still very young for a tall, and I think the fact he was promoted, rather than retained on the rookie list, demonstrates that the AFC are concerned about this area (no sledge on Gallman, as I haven't seen as much of him as some others and it seems I've only seen him in quieter games).

So in a couple years our only defensive talls will be Rutten, Bock, Stevens, Moran & Gallman. Stevens & Bock all offer utility as well, so they may start/rotate as forwards. There is every chance that in any given week there will be injury or a performance lull from any of these guys. Also, Moran playing a ruck role in the backlines may be very useful. Thats plenty of opportunity for Moran to flourish. Lets also not forget here than Moran is a project player and could very easily be a spectacular fail. But for #37 it wasn't a bad trade at all. For Meesen, thats another issue I've posted on enough already.

I would personally love to see Bock have a solid season at CHB, and Moran develop as a forward

If Moran was suited to playing as a forward im sure the club would mention this fact but they have not. In the Advertiser today, it says that Moran will take CHB to let Bock go forward which im not happy about. Bock showed this year he is not a good forward line player. i would rater play him as a 3rd tall in defence than in the forward line. With our forward line this year i think we should just throw people like Tippett, Sellar and possibly Walker in the deep end. Whether our forward line improves this year or not, hinges on how hentschel recovers and if any of our young talls comes though cos it looked garbage this year.

I would personally love to see Bock have a solid season at CHB, and Moran develop as a forward
Bock at CHB is a must.

Surely we have learnt our lesson of trying to turning him into an average forward.

Moran looks like he could be a useful tall utility.

Bock was better at CHB, though I thought he started well at CHF.

I think Moran would be an ideal bench player that can fill many roles depending on the situation.
Bock started well at CHF because4 he had shit defenders on him in those games. He played his best games against Essendon and the Bulldogs.

Bock started well at CHF because4 he had shit defenders on him in those games. He played his best games against Essendon and the Bulldogs.

Agreed, for some reason he doesn't show the same poise and hardness playing in the forward line, not sure why, cos I think he does have the attributes to make a top line forward and don't laugh people, but I do think theres a bit of Wayne Carey about Bock :)

Agreed, for some reason he doesn't show the same poise and hardness playing in the forward line, not sure why, cos I think he does have the attributes to make a top line forward and don't laugh people, but I do think theres a bit of Wayne Carey about Bock :)
You have contradicted yourself. :confused:

There is no way Bock is like Carey as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back