Bradshaw quits Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

It is understood Bradshaw, who has won two premierships and kicked 496 goals in 222 games for the club, is on his way back to Brisbane from Wodonga and will meet club officials tomorrow.

Terrible if true. Looks like we are the losers from the Fev deal IMO. Henderson and pick 12 gone. Now Bradshaw leaving, likely the result of being put up for trade.

It probably had to do with the lions only offering him a one year deal.
At carlton he was offered 2 years and reneged,he wanted a three year deal.

Here you go Melbourne supporters you need a good forward more than a good midfielder.

So if Bradshaw is in Wodongo, how does one apparantly find out he's on his way home to quit, surely he didnt go down to the local and spill the beans while drunk or anything

This is a really bad result for the Lions generally. Wait for the fan outrage. I am bitterly disappointed...

Understand,but bradshaw although a very good player is 31,carrying injuries Fevola will be devastating with brown in your forward line.
Plus lachie henderson may or may not work out.Pick 12 carlton may pick up,a good kpp who may be good in 5 years.

So easily brisbane won that deal i reckon.

So if Bradshaw is in Wodongo, how does one apparantly find out he's on his way home to quit, surely he didnt go down to the local and spill the beans while drunk or anything

He may be in conversation with his manager who may have accidentally purposely leaked it to some journalist.

Unfortunate for the Lions. One of my favourite Brisbane players. I am still enjoying those goals he kicked against Port in the 2008 comeback.

It does say poised to quit.

And to daics cousin, Brisbane were going to win that deal no matter what and as it stands, more than content with what we got - even if the outcome is unknown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad if true - even more disappointing if he goes on to play elsewhere, but I'll await confirmation before getting emotionally committed.

I feel dreadful that this man, this player who played in 2 premierships, has been with our club for more than 10yrs, has been made to feel he is not wanted..

This is how this great player for our club leaves:thumbsdown:

Just waiting for the spin..

I feel dreadful that this man, this player who played in 2 premierships, has been with our club for more than 10yrs, has been made to feel he is not wanted..

This is how this great player for our club leaves:thumbsdown:

Just waiting for the spin..

We're all going to be upset about this MacMum, but for a little perspective, you do need to realise that he used to use the threat of moving to Victoria as leverage in contract negotiations every time. The club also had the right to test his value.

You say you don't want to hear spin, but you saying that "he doesn't feel wanted" is spin in itself.

At this stage we don't know the reason he is leaving, if its because he "doesn't feel wanted" then it is a disappointing result that they couldn't mend the fence.

It could simply be that he is out of contract and has received a big offer from another club to jump in the PSD... Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne, Port and Sydney all have cap space to burn.

I stand by my thoughts that it's time we appoint a dedicated list manager though, I think Gubby has struggled.

Detaching myself from the emotion of the situation, which tells me to feel very negative about this...

I don't think that this is exactly D-Day from a list point of view. I do hope that it end up being wrong, but we will still be able to succeed as a club in 2010.

Thanks for the memories though Braddles.

PS. How do people think this will change our structure?

Hammo article alert.
Hammo article alert.
Hammo article alert.
Woooooooop!
Woooooooop!
Woooooooop!
Is the journo reporting this of questionable integrity?:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradshaw quits Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back