Player Watch Brayden Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

He seems to be building a habit of starting seasons terribly and then improving as the year progresses.
Heard Roo talking about Chayce the other day. Mentioned his form had been down in comparison to last year. Sounds like he's still a work in progress.

He didn't mention it, but I wonder if the Linsfranc injury last year has impacted the start of his season?

Heard Roo talking about Chayce the other day. Mentioned his form had been down in comparison to last year. Sounds like he's still a work in progress.

He didn't mention it, but I wonder if the Linsfranc injury last year has impacted the start of his season?
Has definitely impacting his pace, an opposition ruckman kept up with him in one of the earlier game.

The good thing about Cook is that he has an attacking mindset, which means he’s always wanting to score. He runs back to goal hard and has very good skills. Compare that to McHenry and Murphy and they don’t have any attacking intent, who ever is there opposition players run off and don’t care about them because they know very rarely, they will score a goal. Keays has that as well.

There is nothing worse for an opposition defender knowing that every time you run off your man, he will be free and most likely score a goal, unlike McHenry and Murphy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Jack scouring through every post he doesnt agree with trying to work out who is the Cartel kingpin

IMG_4220.png

So how are we seeing Cookie?
He has some tricks, and can kick goals, and create goals, from very few opportunities.
Watching him play as a Jr, he would tear some teams apart.
Now, I'm looking for him to increase his possessions and start taking on the game.
I think he is still a bit tentative, and hopefully his confidence continues to rise.

He has some tricks, and can kick goals, and create goals, from very few opportunities.
Now, I'm looking for him to increase his possessions and start taking on the game.
I think he is still a bit tentative, and hopefully his confidence continues to rise.
Love him

I think if he is going to make it it will be as a HF not a wing. Averaging 8 touches this year. 4 seasons in... I agree the quality of his possessions are generally good but we need to expect more. I know he is young but so are most of our team. Need to create pressure for spots. I'd like to see him play a role like McAdam, we've seen he can take a mark and kick goals and can certainly run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no question about his quality when he gets around the ball. The issue is he seems to become invisible for large periods of the game. As someone who is watching on TV rather than at the ground, it's difficult for me to understand why he is so invisible. It's not just that he's in the vicinity of the ball but struggling to impact... he often seems to disappear altogether for large periods of time. Somehow he's just not near the ball for most of the game. It's not clear to me whether this is a case of him simply failing to get to the right spots (either due to workrate or poor game sense), or if it's more of a gameplan thing (where he is leading away from our usual hit-up areas to create space for other forwards, etc).

If we can get his output into the teens, he's a very useful player. If it stays where it is at the moment, he likely won't make it.

Put him on a wing or HBF and let him get some cheap/easy possessions, see if he can build into the game and start showing why he was so highly rate.

Because it's not obvious at the moment.

I like that we're sticking with him

Hopefully it dawns on us that his ball use is better than anyone in the team. We need to get the ball in his hands more often. You can see us do this with Dawson, by instruction I'm sure.

Cook's got to meet the coaches halfway and get to more contests, present more often and work further up the field

Put him on a wing or HBF and let him get some cheap/easy possessions, see if he can build into the game and start showing why he was so highly rate.

Because it's not obvious at the moment.

Not convinced either. Has done some nice things and shown he has something, but seems to lack intensity. I dont just mean contested ball, but generally - doesnt stand out as trying to get involved and make things happen. Can be hard to judge on TV without being able to see the whole ground but I dont see him a lot, and when i do he seems to be jogging around not doing much. Maybe his is the off-camera, shape holding role now.

4 seasons in and he still has the body of a Fortnite Gamer.

3 months off and Thilthorpe goes beast mode at the gym and turns himself into a taller version of Wolverine

Does Cook have the desire to get the most out of himself? I hope so
Could be the new Adam Saliba, but less chubby.
Talent was there but...

I like that we're sticking with him

Hopefully it dawns on us that his ball use is better than anyone in the team. We need to get the ball in his hands more often. You can see us do this with Dawson, by instruction I'm sure.

Cook's got to meet the coaches halfway and get to more contests, present more often and work further up the fiel
4 seasons in and he still has the body of a Fortnite Gamer.

3 months off and Thilthorpe goes beast mode at the gym and turns himself into a taller version of Wolverine

Does Cook have the desire to get the most out of himself? I hope so
When they drafted him they said that he was going to be a slow burn because his body was so immature / young. 4 years on list is more attune to a second year player and I think you need to judge him at that level especially as he is getting more confidence in his body and playing at that level. His ball use is far above many others and therefore needs to be persisted with just like Nankervis etc. I would take a 15 touch McLeod game over a 30 touch Bickley game.

Needs more intensity.

Some guys play like their hair is on fire, he isn’t one of them

He does the Indian head wobble as he's running, and always looks really gassed. Have spotted him several times just looking disinterested in repeat gut-running efforts until he gets a rocket at the break. Needs a stint in the SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back