Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the AFL doesn’t want to get another embarrassing beating at the appeals tribunal,do they!
It would be a pretty poor look if they were to over rule their MRO and then also appeal the Tribunal.

Not showing much confidence or value in any of the 'independent' systems they have in place.

giphy.gif

AFL will decide tomorrow morning whether to appeal or not.

Can totally see the the AFL doing this. They rightly had their arses handed to them but we all know they hate losing face and must have the final word, this will be interesting.

The response from the tribunal really is very well written. It's hard for anyone to disagree with the decision based on that.
Go to the main board.

They argue against the decision using the same arguments that the AFL raised and lost on.

Of course they haven’t been bothered to even read it. Frickin fricks!

Having read the bulk of comments made by Gleeson I reckon the AFL wanted to be seen to be doing everything they could to ensure a fair outcome and sate those who would inflame and misrepresent the action.

Honestly reckon they did the right thing and got the correct result.

Lots of loons out there will claim Maynard ended Brayshaws career, and got away with the perfect murder aided and abetted by a corrupt tribunal which only over-ruled the MRO's "no case to answer" call to make it look like they would fairly deal with the incident, even though it'a fair bet Brayshaw will play if the Dees can make it past Cartoon.

Obviously, despite always wanting to get Maynard off the AFL wanted to hand out some OT to the tribunal members and thought they may as well troll all the non-Collingwood folk they were at it just for shits and giggles.
#VICBIAS4LYF

Can totally see the the AFL doing this. They rightly had their arses handed to them but we all know they hate losing face and must have the final word, this will be interesting.

The AFL have done their due diligence, will be happy Brayshaw is doing better and will now be very keen to get concussions out of the news cycle.

I put the chance of an appeal at 2%.

Carlton lawyer on behalf of Martin.

Carlton counsel Peter O'Farrell is rattling through other incidents that have been classed as medium impact, rather than high.
He brings up Jacob van Rooyen's incident with Dan McStay from last Thursday night, deemed a one-match suspension for the Demon.
"It's not possible to understand why when you look at the footage."

I didn't think you could bring up precedence.
Anyway, Martin didn't have eyes on the ball and hit him with a clenched fist. Should have got 3.

Melbourne board still wanting to tare and feather Maynard, wtf is wrong with that club
Melbourne supporters are furious, though I notice there are two voices of reasons who dare to be different among all the disgruntled posters. You have to feel for them really. Imagine how we'd be reacting if Murphy's season and perhaps career had been cut short by a similar incident. That's footy. What's best for your team is what's good for you. But in this case, I would hope that most supporters who love the game appreciate that the correct decision has been made.

They 100% won’t be appealing this.

Of course they are going to say that they’ll make a decision tomorrow. It will look like it’s not even being properly considered if they didn’t take some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hypocrisy of so many pundits is what galls me. I have never witnessed a bigger hit job and character assassination of a player by Wilson.

She was clearly barracking for a three week suspension as was Gary Lyon. The Pickett hit on Bailey Smith was a far uglier look and it was pure good fortune Smith was not concussed. Then we had Lynch from her beloved Tigers ignoring the ball jumping into the air and colliding with an opponent who was knocked unconscious and she said that incident was not relevant.

She attacked Bruzzy for visiting Brayshaw with wine and flowers and implied it was all a pose to win over the public.

Thank God Lloyd and Cornes pushed back and made her look ridiculous.

Go to the main board.

They argue against the decision using the same arguments that the AFL raised and lost on.

Of course they haven’t been bothered to even read it. Frickin fricks!
I probably should have said "any reasonable person not blinded by club loyalties". I can easily see how other fans can still find something to complain about, though as you say most probably don't bother to read the decision.

There won't be any outrage from the media though (should caveat that too, the reasonable media, there may be the odd fringe idiot), this case wasn't close in the end. One of the clearer decisions.

Disagree. Christian knew they wouldn't win. They should have accepted that and help a press conference to explain, including how much they care about the players.

Fact is, this is a contact sport. There is going to be contact with the head. You cannot suspend people based on outcome when a player does nothing wrong

They didn't suspend him. They sent him to the independent tribunal for a judgement. Tribunal confirmed no case to answer. I don't understand the angst over this.

Last edited:
I'm willing to cut them slack, because it's a highly emotional situation.

The two things that piss me off was conflating Danny Frawley's tragic situation with this current situation, and Brayshaw's brother getting the better of his emotions by making out the competition was rigged in our favour.

Tell him Phil Carman, Jason Cloke and Sav Rocca say hi.

I don't think I could handle another extended session of SEN callers punctuated with bits of tribunal news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back