Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s not it.
If they didn’t do it, it’s like they don’t care about his well-being.
It also probably precludes them from being sued, (we did our bit and referred it to an independent body).
Disagree. Christian knew they wouldn't win. They should have accepted that and help a press conference to explain, including how much they care about the players.

Fact is, this is a contact sport. There is going to be contact with the head. You cannot suspend people based on outcome when a player does nothing wrong

Even got my open left hand evidence in there. Noice!

bff760fb9a63be7ae9fc39f160146a3b.jpg

Disagree. Christian knew they wouldn't win. They should have accepted that and help a press conference to explain, including how much they care.
Christian also insisted his name be removed from the AFL communication. He wanted nothing to do with the decision to refer to the tribunal.

Even got my open left hand evidence in there. Noice!

bff760fb9a63be7ae9fc39f160146a3b.jpg

As time goes on, I fear that your forensic analysis will be forgotten.

But know that here, amongst the true believers, Buff Dad will always be a true hero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne board still wanting to tare and feather Maynard, wtf is wrong with that club
I know Brayshaw must be devastated but I'm still disappointed by the fact he has said nothing to defend Maynard over what was clearly an unintentional collision.

As for Wilson and Lyon, suck it up princesses!

As time goes on, I fear that your forensic analysis will be forgotten.

But know that here, amongst the true believers, Buff Dad will always be a true hero.

Not all heroes wear capes… but I’ll make sure my 8-year-old adds one. :)

Well there’s certainly going to be some egg on faces at AFL house tonight,as well as certain hysterical media types like Caroline Wilson.😀

It’s a great result for Brayden and football in general.But the reality is it should have never gone to the tribunal in the first place.It was pretty clear from the moment this incident happened,that this was just a footballing accident and there was nothing Maynard could have done to avoid the collision.

The AFL should have known that.They only had to check the. video footage and the stills from down the ground to see that it was an accident.And yet still they went through the whole tortuous process of going to the tribunal.I can’t help but think that this move was political.It was all about appearances,and the AFL wanting to be seen to be taking a stand on the issue of concussion,which is such a hot button issue in football today.

I don't usually follow these cases too closely, but the AFL counsel seemed to present a very thin case.

Essentially: you see the charge sheet, we think he's guilty. The MCG is not the Roman Colosseum. Could have hugged him instead of bracing. Could have jumped more vertical, though we don't know how far he jumped forward. We rest our case.

Collingwood: we disagree. The attempt to smother, being mostly vertical with 1-2 metres forward component, was reasonable and the outcome could not have reasonably been foreseen. Backed up by an expert biomechanist, there was not enough time to decide to do anything with his body prior to impact, bracing was a reflex. Brayshaw contributed to the contact by veering into Maynard. etc...

Sorry, had meant this to be a goof post highlighting how short and thin the AFL's submission was in comparison to the far longer and more detailed case from Collingwood, but ended up summarising both cases 🤷‍♂️.

I know Brayshaw must be devastated but I'm still disappointed by the fact he has said nothing to defend Maynard over what was clearly an unintentional collision.

As for Wilson and Lyon, suck it up princesses!

It all seemed part of a plan to isolate and demonise Maynard. The media played their part.

Horrible episode.

Classy from the Mighty Pies!

I love this.

In the end, it's a person's health we're talking about. Proud the club can frame it this way. I understand the emotion Brayshaw's parents felt but I'm relieved that logic prevailed in the tribunal.

Hope Gus can return to play for the Dees in 2 weeks after they thrash the Blues.

I don't usually follow these cases too closely, but the AFL counsel seemed to present a very thin case.

Essentially: you see the charge sheet, we think he's guilty. The MCG is not the Roman Colosseum. Could have hugged him instead of bracing. Could have jumped more vertical, though we don't know how far he jumped forward. We rest our case.

Collingwood: we disagree. The attempt to smother, being mostly vertical with 1-2 metres forward component, was reasonable and the outcome could not have reasonably been foreseen. Backed up by an expert biomechanist, there was not enough time to decide to do anything with his body prior to impact, bracing was a reflex. Brayshaw contributed to the contact by veering into Maynard. etc...

Sorry, had meant this to be a goof post highlighting how short and thin the AFL's submission was in comparison to the far longer and more detailed case from Collingwood, but ended up summarising both cases 🤷‍♂️.

Can’t polish a turd. Many good lawyers get given losing briefs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back