Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Maynard has a crack but his kicking is highly overrated on this forum.

Regularly turns the ball over even when they're easy options to hit. I don't love safe ball users, but turning the ball over in the defensive 50 is a coach killer

nah it's all good, he's got 'potential'.

Really good game.
He's part of the future.
A bull in the making.
Takes it on.

Haven't been a huge fan but thought it was his best game for the club today.
As he develops his tank and experience I think his kicking will improve. Solid technique.
Won't be surprised if he's in and out but not against getting game time into him.

I thought he was pretty good. Made a few mistakes but was solid defensively and made some pretty good kicks.

I definitely think he's worth persevering with. His weaknesses (decision making, composure), are best fixed at AFL level.

I've seen enough to think his kicking is pretty good, but his decision making and poise let's him down. Seems like a physically mature kid who is otherwise immature. Wouldn't hurt him to spend some time down a level to work on his game, but I reckon in a few years he'll be a good player. Still only 19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He makes a few mistakes every game. His turnovers are due to the occasional lazy execution - not inherently poor skills. He'll iron those out with experience and will form part of a solid first choice back six for a long time to come. People are far less critical of Marley these days, but he was our worst turnover merchant until he got games and pre-seasons pumped into him. Maynard has a different set of attributes but the same hard-nut approach.

Varcoe and Pendelbury had worse DE%. Maynard was terrific early, had a heap of tackles and fought for it... really fought
I can't understand how Maynard is the focus of anyones frustration tonight.
I'm pretty sure the coach will pat him on the back and he'll go back to working on his skills, his positioning and his concentration just like any 19 YEAR OLD should

I've seen enough to think his kicking is pretty good, but his decision making and poise let's him down. Seems like a physically mature kid who is otherwise immature. Wouldn't hurt him to spend some time down a level to work on his game, but I reckon in a few years he'll be a good player. Still only 19.

Spot on. Although given where we are at this year he may as well keep developing to the speed and intensity at Afl level.

well 2 wrong inclusions don't make a right one, but I would have thought Marsh deserved a run. Sincs is too undersized for the backline, much like Oxley.

You don't want defenders that can't use the ball, and you want Marsh in?

Oxley is over 190cms too. Height and size are not his issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back