Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear is ready to growl
Bear is ready to savage
Bear is ready to destroy

Bear Is Ready!

He’ll definitely be in the calculations for the norm smith.

I can’t believe how understated his amazing transition into the rigours of seniors has been. If he played for most other clubs he’d be talked about every 5 mins.

Really hope he gets a 5 year contract extension, along with most of our other gun 19-24 year olds.

This list has only begun its journey, I think we’ll look back at this team in 4-5 years and say that 2018 was the proper reawakening of the Collingwood juggernaut.

We have 2-3 flags in this list if we maintain the hunger and stay injury free.

We have 2-3 flags in this list if we maintain the hunger and stay injury free.

Sounds awfully like the hubris of 2010/11 to me.

One thing that has struck me about all the criticism of Richmond supporters about their arrogance after just one flag is the reality that we were very similar in 2011. We steamrolled through the first 3/4 of the 2011 H&A season and the premiership was already in the bag. But like Richmond we declined in the last month or so of the season.

Let’s just win this one before worrying about the next. Chances of winning more than one is very low.

Last edited:

One thing that has struck me about all the criticism of Richmond supporters about their arrogance after just one flag is the reality that we were very similar in 2011. We steamrolled through the first 3/4 of the 2011 H&A season and the premiership was already in the bag. But like Richmond we declined in the last month or so of the season.

Let’s just win this one before worrying about the next. Chances of winning more than one is very low.

Completely agree... I don't think that kind of noise is coming from the club though, and it won't unless we start putting forward some 2011-esque performances next year.

No arrogance, just my observation and opinion.

This list is better than that 2010 - if it can win the flag - and has a lot more room for growth.

You don’t have to be excited by our our prospects, but I am.

I expected a prelim out of us this year at minimum and maybe a flag if it fell our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon was talking him up again last night. Showed a comparison between Oliver/Cripps/Sier after their first 11 games. Sier was slightly ahead from memory.

Hmm that’s a bit rough on the other two, IMO. They were 18 yo’s and Sier is 20. It’s been an impressive start, but he’s still a long long way behind two of the best 10 mids in the competition at the same age.

No arrogance, just my observation and opinion.

This list is better than that 2010 - if it can win the flag - and has a lot more room for growth.

You don’t have to be excited by our our prospects, but I am.

I expected a prelim out of us this year at minimum and maybe a flag if it fell our way.

Credit where its due to you, SM. You have consistently talked us up, and maintained your stance. Whatever happens on Saturday, I agree with you about our core of young players. They are outstanding and have come on like a train.

Hmm that’s a bit rough on the other two, IMO. They were 18 yo’s and Sier is 20. It’s been an impressive start, but he’s still a long long way behind two of the best 10 mids in the competition at the same age.
Cripps only played 3 games in his first season and was 20 in his second season, so possibly fair enough comparison there in terms of age. A long was to go to be close to Patrick though.

Clayton Oliver was in the same draft as Brayden, so maybe not the best comparison but tbf Oliver was drafted ready to go and Brayden was always a project.

Yeah, not exactly comparing apples with apples. Still an exceptional start to average around 20 touches, 4 clearances, 4 inside 50's and 4 tackles nonetheless. All in very modest game time.

Another preseason or 2 and it will be interesting to see how he's progressed.

Yeah, not exactly comparing apples with apples. Still an exceptional start to average around 20 touches, 4 clearances, 4 inside 50's and 4 tackles nonetheless. All in very modest game time.

Another preseason or 2 and it will be interesting to see how he's progressed.

I made comment about 6 weeks ago that some were going the early crow, but he does keep surprising. With a big performance on Saturday he’ll go ahead of a lot of contemporaries from his draft because he has the potential to do something none of them have, stand up in a GF.

The one stat area that has shocked and impressed me is contested ball. He’s averaging 12 a game through the finals at a rate of 55%. That’s elite!

The bear has blessed us with an interview:

"It's always good to be playing football in September, you can smell the freshly cut grass of spring and it's been really good fun".

Training photo...

8cc625138a60671c5723282689779295--the-grass-tours.jpg

The bear has blessed us with an interview:

"It's always good to be playing football in September, you can smell the freshly cut grass of spring and it's been really good fun".

Training photo...

8cc625138a60671c5723282689779295--the-grass-tours.jpg

From the same article:

He has the highest contested possession average (10.3) of the players aged under 21 in the AFL, the third-highest clearance average (3.6) and the fifth-highest disposal average (19.4 per game)

From the same article:

He has the highest contested possession average (10.3) of the players aged under 21 in the AFL, the third-highest clearance average (3.6) and the fifth-highest disposal average (19.4 per game)
Also First in in inside 50's, handballs, stoppage clearances amongst rising stars. Second in centre clearances per game and second in total centre clearances amongst rising stars, 3rd in total clearances, third in tackles per game amongst rising stars.

He's an absolute beast and it's no surprise he's getting mainstream attention due to his finals series. Kind of annoying that our newly found cult hero is already outgrowing the cult hero moniker after only 11 games. I guess that's what happens when you're a bear. :bearface::bearface::bearface:

Have been fortunate to be passed some family photos of Brayden.

Baby Brayden

IMG_0077.JPG

Brayden's teddy bear growing up

Bears will do what bears do

IMG_0080.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back