Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly but as soon as we didn’t We lost our opportunity

Well to be fair we don’t know his injury status at that point but after that was always going to be too late.

But it looks reminiscent to a lesser scale of 2018 when Reid and Moore we’re available but nobody had the confidence to roll the dice and select them.

Sier will be one to watch next year. Almost like a new recruit.. Has talent

I disagree. I know he seems to be a favourite on this board. But I see him as midfield depth only.
There just isn't anything special about him in my opinion. Same with Wills. They don't even dominate in the VFL.
I'd happily trade both as they have both had time to make it. We already handball to much compared to kicking & his style makes that even worse.
I'd rather persevere with Tyler Brown or give a mid somewhere else another chance.

I disagree. I know he seems to be a favourite on this board. But I see him as midfield depth only.
There just isn't anything special about him in my opinion. Same with Wills. They don't even dominate in the VFL.
I'd happily trade both as they have both had time to make it. We already handball to much compared to kicking & his style makes that even worse.
I'd rather persevere with Tyler Brown or give a mid somewhere else another chance.
Only Adams and Treloar averaged more clearances than Sier this year

Only Adams and Treloar averaged more clearances than Sier this year

He only played 3 games. But I've seen enough over his career thus far. It's just my opinion & we all have one. You disagree & that's fine.
I just think we overate our players not only on this board, but at the club as well. We hang on too long quite often.

He only played 3 games. But I've seen enough over his career thus far. It's just my opinion & we all have one. You disagree & that's fine.
I just think we overate our players not only on this board, but at the club as well. We hang on too long quite often.
Better working with what we have at hand. Talent isn’t the issue here it’s professionalism and durability

Better working with what we have at hand. Talent isn’t the issue here it’s professionalism and durability

Yes you mentioned another issue. Anyway time will tell.
I hope he proves me wrong. Wont be the first or last time it happens.

I think he needs to drop some weight and work on his fitness. Even when he's playing, his ToG% is very low. If he drops a few kg's, he'll probably have a better run at it and avoid some injuries, maybe anyway.

Guys like Shuey and Prestia play with low ToG%, but when they're on the pitch, they get clearances. So it is possible to have this sort of burst midfield bull in the side without high ToG%, but he needs to get fitter.

But there's questions over his work rate, desire, professionalism, etc., so we'll see just have to see.

Doubt anybody wants him tbh...

I wish this bloke would extract his finger.
A player like Noble who had to come in the long, and slow way, never leaving an opportunity behind.
Brayden doesn't have that. 22 is still young, but he ain't gunna change... not at Collingwood or hopefully any other club (for our sake!)

Trade him.
Built like Tarzan. Plays like Jane.
I never forget. Last year, when North smashed us at Marvel, he absolutely shat himself.
He should watch videos of Adams and learn how its done.
He also has zero pace.
And, he's taking the piss. Not fair dinkum.
Trade him for what you can get. Unless, we are paying him peanuts. In which case, play him in the VFL until the penny drops.
As for his twin, Wills? Delist him. He is never going to be at a consistent AFL standard.

Trade him.
Built like Tarzan. Plays like Jane.
I never forget. Last year, when North smashed us at Marvel, he absolutely shat himself.
He should watch videos of Adams and learn how its done.
He also has zero pace.
And, he's taking the piss. Not fair dinkum.
Trade him for what you can get. Unless, we are paying him peanuts. In which case, play him in the VFL until the penny drops.
As for his twin, Wills? Delist him. He is never going to be at a consistent AFL standard.

You're taking the piss with these comments. How many games of league football have you played out of interest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have seen His skill and nous are not in question. His attitude and aggression are. I would like to give him one more pre-season, a good go at a consistent run in the ones, hopefully stay injury free. A season with no excuses. If he proves himself, well and good. If not move him on.

These circumstances are as much a test of the coaches as the players. All very well motivating the ones who would run through a brick wall if that's what's needed from day one. I hate seeing good players moved on and then see them bust a gut at another club. I know it happens at every club but it really hurts when it's ours.

no hes spot on. Never once seen Sier crunch an opposition player. has all the tools and physique but doesn't go in hard enough.
Sier crunches them in tackles. His tackle numbers are pretty good and he does lay some heavy ones

For whatever reason he isn't the same player now sadly.
Reality is he is a shadow of his '18 self.
I disagree. His durability has been hit, but in limited showings this season and in shorter games he's been pretty good. He was just coming back good before doing his quad

I disagree. His durability has been hit, but in limited showings this season and in shorter games he's been pretty good. He was just coming back good before doing his quad
Is that not a shadow of his former self? Sier tragics need to stop being so over sensitive - just because people note he hasn't been contributing doesn't mean they don't believe he can get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back