Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My view is that as good as Bucks and Pendles have been, having two important leaders who are meticulous perfectionists has played a big part in us playing a heap of boring stagnant football and in some of our blokes not showing any initiative on the field.

There is a lot to be said for this observation... their combined personalities and approach do little to engender exuberance, daring and risk taking in young men...

Followed it up with some other sh*t, and a kiss.

Got propositioned, which is probably not that surprising if a rando messages you out of nowhere with kissy messages.

Then told him he was a ********** and a disgrace to Swanny’s jumper.

This being the age of Tinder and whatnot, I’d say Bear didn’t do a whole lot wrong there. Much more direct than I would have been, but he’s a Gen Z league footballer in his prime, and I’m an ugly middle aged nobody with social anxiety.
Check out the time stamps. It's pretty shit.

The night before they've had a flirty conversation. He has invited her over, she's just laughed.

The next morning, he's messaged her with a very shit: "You too proud to get railed."

She's woken up to that and justifiably lashed out.

Check out the time stamps. It's pretty sh*t.

The night before they've had a flirty conversation. Sier has invited her over, she's just laughed.

The next morning, he's messaged her with a very sh*t: "You too proud to get railed."

Ah, ok, the time elapsed between the girl’s “come over, you reckon?” and Sier’s “railed” response does change the tenor of things, comes across as being more vindictive and unnecessary.

With all due respect, I've never had the words "hard nut midfielder" in mind when thinking about or watching Sier . I don't mind the guy, but sometimes the only time I actually know he's on the field is because he's easily identified with socks rolled down and black boots, which is a rare combination these days. He could be a good player at another team but he's had a lot of chances to take a midfield spot by the scruff of the neck at Collingwood.
On second thoughts, I meant "big bodied mid."

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sharing that is far worse than anything sier said. Need to be more accountability on sharing of private messages

Not really. With half of this stuff, if you get in the NSW gold standard tracing team, she's probably just shot it off to a friend with a check out this dickhead? comment Then like covid it's off to the races from there.

All depends for me whether this was a private or public message. If public, then Sier is a total fool. If private, he is still a fool but I agree with Scodog's wife that her opening greeting was inviting the kind of invitation/comment she got from Sier. I have no illusions about footballers. The comparison with Swan is ironic given the beating he and some mates dished out to a cleaner, a far worse act than all of Sier's known misdemeanours put together.

If the club decides that this conversation deserves a sanction, it would be nice for them to come out and say so rather than just leaving supporters in the dark regarding their treatment of Sier. If the club is going to support De Goey through his court ordeal, it's difficult to see how this interchange, if private, could constitute grounds for dismissal, unless they are willing to be accused of having double standards. But it's amazing how often people are willing to make their private lives public and accountable by committing their thoughts and desires to text.

Last edited:
But it's amazing how often people are willing to make their private lives public and accountable by committing their thoughts and desires to text.

For all their social media confidence and supposed savviness, heaps of the young treat social media as though its the same as an oral conversation. Actually, as though it has lesser ramifications, as they are more willing to publish things that they'd never say in person

For all their social media confidence and supposed savviness, heaps of the young treat social media as though its the same as an oral conversation. Actually, as though it has lesser ramifications, as they are more willing to publish things that they'd never say in person
I taught with a young guy (27) who was keen on one of my year 11 students. First I knew of it was when she confided in me on an excursion and showed me the texts they had exchanged, including some he had sent her late at night. Naturally he lost his job. No investigation was required because the evidence was all on her phone. I had earlier caught the pair of them chatting suspiciously and the young teacher told me the girl was stalking him, when in fact the opposite was true. Fortunately the relationship never moved beyond texts. The guy had become a mate of mine so his deception and lies felt like a personal betrayal. As you say, he had treated the texts as though he had engaged in oral conversation, without fear of consequences. More fool him.

All depends for me whether this was a private or public message. If public, then Sier is total fool. If private, he is still a fool but I agree with Scodog's wife that her opening greeting was inviting the kind of invitation/comment she got from Sier. I have no illusions about footballers. The comparison with Swan is ironic given the beating he and some mates dished out to a cleaner, a far worse act than all of Sier's known misdemeanours put together.

If the club decides that this conversation deserves a sanction, it would be nice for them to come out and say so rather than just leaving supporters in the dark regarding their treatment of Sier. If the club is going to support De Goey through his court ordeal, it's difficult to see how this interchange, if private, could constitute grounds for dismissal, unless they are willing to be accused of having double standards. But it's amazing how often people are willing to make their private lives public and accountable by committing their thoughts and desires to text.

Has Sier been sacked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Will Brodie, nice and cheap, stays on the park, will protect the kids from the grunt work while they develop.

Why is everyone assuming her message of ‘hey babe’ was the first message sent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She’s posted it to her story so what makes her look better him instigating it or her abuse at the end? I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that she’d have included that if he instigated things. I wouldn’t rule it out of course, but I think it’s best to just stick to what we know in regards to the content.

Having thought on it a bit more I’m now only interested in when it went down. For instance if it were within the past week or whatever his goose is probably cooked, but the only indicator we have on timeframes without dates is his profile pic. It might have happened 6-8 weeks ago, the club already knew and Sier was stood down as a result.

She’s posted it to her story so what makes her look better him instigating it or her abuse at the end? I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that she’d have included that if he instigated things. I wouldn’t rule it out of course, but I think it’s best to just stick to what we know in regards to the content.

Having thought on it a bit more I’m now only interested in when it went down. For instance if it were within the past week or whatever his goose is probably cooked, but the only indicator we have on timeframes without dates is his profile pic. It might have happened 6-8 weeks ago, the club already knew and Sier was stood down as a result.
The club got it right for a change, when a charge of this nature surfaces investigations must be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back