Brayshaw to talk GC move on footy show tonight...

Remove this Banner Ad

j brown said we (brisbane) have the lowest memberships, so doesn't make sense to have two clubs up there...

just wouldn't work.

I hope Caroline Wilson was listening to this as she tried to tell the NM supporter that rang her on 3aw last weekend that WE have the lowest membership in the AFL. Oh, Caro, I think you got that one wrong! What a surprise! :rolleyes:

Well it was my letter that JB was referring to. I am still shaking. Can't believe i prompted a live to air response. The same letter was sent to all board members, Duff and Aylett. I am disgusted that JB questioned my loyalty. I have been a member for the past 11 seasons and attend of average 12 games in Melbourne a year over the past 11 years. I have travelled from Echuca to see my team play in Melbourne 16 times this year.

I will let you all read what I wrote, my membership no. was quoted at the bottom of the letter. It was prompted by discussions on here.

I wish to express my tremendous pride in what the players and coaches of the North Melbourne Football Club have achieved this season. After the events of the off season and a bad start to the season, to make it to a Preliminary Final has gone beyond my wildest dreams. I wish the members and supporters of the North Melbourne Football Club could be as proud of their board as we are of the players.

I implore you to take any discussion about relocation or co-location to the Gold Coast off the Agenda for at least 12 months. The total focus for the approaching off season and season 2008 should be the players and coaches, the building of our new facilities at Arden Street and re-signing members and signing on new ones.

We are constantly being told that the current deal expires at the end of the 2009 season and nothing will change before then. If this is actually true than surely we can wait another 12 months to discuss the Gold Coast further, which will still be an entire season before the deal expires.

Victorian and Melbourne members deserve to be given another chance to show their true support for the club by buying memberships for 2008 especially after our success this year. But this will not happen if the trend of articles of the past 12 months continue. When promoting 2008 memberships, do not forget Regional Victoria – I am sure there are just as many barrackers in the country as the city. What is the percentage of membership between Melbourne, Regional Victoria and Interstate?

I can assure you for every Gold Coast related article over the off-season that is printed, you can write off 50 members. The lack of a response to these articles from the club also doesn’t help. This is what happened this past year – over 40 articles with some form of negativity towards our club were published in The Age. Caroline Wilson has been the most damaging reporter to the North Melbourne Football Club. If her information is incorrect the club should come out immediately and say so. If her information is correct than there is a mole at the club, most likely on the board.

As a Director voted on by the members you are there to represent the average view of us the members. Unfortunately you have done nothing to contact us to find out our views or made any special phone number or email address available to us. Board members are not even listed on our website. A half dozen poor questions posed at the two members forums did not give a true representation of our view, though I do acknowledge these forums as a great initiative and important for the club to keep members informed on current issues.

I beseech you to put off any mention of the Gold Coast for at least 12 months, preferably permanently, and respond to any media to the contrary and not to go down in history as a co-conspirator behind the death of the North Melbourne Football Club.

Well done Aliroo, you have prompted the Board (one Board member, surely support of a couple of others if not all) to come out and define the criteria for us to remain a Victorian club.

We now have the target. All our energies (web site/s, bumper stickers etc) should now be focused on supporting the club achieve this.

A truely great letter Alison. Think it sums up what we all think on here.

P.S. I still have that autographed roos scarf you gave my dad. Found it the other day at the bottom of a drawer... might be more valuable now that you are famous...

Well it was my letter that JB was referring to. I am still shaking. Can't believe i prompted a live to air response. The same letter was sent to all board members, Duff and Aylett. I am disgusted that JB questioned my loyalty. I have been a member for the past 11 seasons and attend of average 12 games in Melbourne a year over the past 11 years. I have travelled from Echuca to see my team play in Melbourne 16 times this year..[/I]

A very articulate and well written letter. Well done. I don't recall JB questioning your loyalty.

The point about us being proud of the players and not the board hit a nerve me thinks.

You are officially a legend of the club.

You may well have kick started the process that will save our club.

Well it was my letter that JB was referring to. I am still shaking. Can't believe i prompted a live to air response. The same letter was sent to all board members, Duff and Aylett. I am disgusted that JB questioned my loyalty. I have been a member for the past 11 seasons and attend of average 12 games in Melbourne a year over the past 11 years. I have travelled from Echuca to see my team play in Melbourne 16 times this year.

I will let you all read what I wrote, my membership no. was quoted at the bottom of the letter. It was prompted by discussions on here.

I wish to express my tremendous pride in what the players and coaches of the North Melbourne Football Club have achieved this season. After the events of the off season and a bad start to the season, to make it to a Preliminary Final has gone beyond my wildest dreams. I wish the members and supporters of the North Melbourne Football Club could be as proud of their board as we are of the players.

I implore you to take any discussion about relocation or co-location to the Gold Coast off the Agenda for at least 12 months. The total focus for the approaching off season and season 2008 should be the players and coaches, the building of our new facilities at Arden Street and re-signing members and signing on new ones.

We are constantly being told that the current deal expires at the end of the 2009 season and nothing will change before then. If this is actually true than surely we can wait another 12 months to discuss the Gold Coast further, which will still be an entire season before the deal expires.

Victorian and Melbourne members deserve to be given another chance to show their true support for the club by buying memberships for 2008 especially after our success this year. But this will not happen if the trend of articles of the past 12 months continue. When promoting 2008 memberships, do not forget Regional Victoria – I am sure there are just as many barrackers in the country as the city. What is the percentage of membership between Melbourne, Regional Victoria and Interstate?

I can assure you for every Gold Coast related article over the off-season that is printed, you can write off 50 members. The lack of a response to these articles from the club also doesn’t help. This is what happened this past year – over 40 articles with some form of negativity towards our club were published in The Age. Caroline Wilson has been the most damaging reporter to the North Melbourne Football Club. If her information is incorrect the club should come out immediately and say so. If her information is correct than there is a mole at the club, most likely on the board.

As a Director voted on by the members you are there to represent the average view of us the members. Unfortunately you have done nothing to contact us to find out our views or made any special phone number or email address available to us. Board members are not even listed on our website. A half dozen poor questions posed at the two members forums did not give a true representation of our view, though I do acknowledge these forums as a great initiative and important for the club to keep members informed on current issues.

I beseech you to put off any mention of the Gold Coast for at least 12 months, preferably permanently, and respond to any media to the contrary and not to go down in history as a co-conspirator behind the death of the North Melbourne Football Club.

2 words - THANK YOU

THREE CHEERS FOR ALI - HIP HIP!

(a serious well done)

Well done Aliroo.
Shows that the letters, emails, calls are not in vein.

Won't change much for the people on here, but will hit a north majority that I have found seem to have almost accepted the fact that the Gold Coast is ivevitable and is the only way the club will survive (people get worn down by the constant articles and our image)

As much as Brayshaw is annoying on that show (so unnatural) that little speech takes away that view of inevitably for the silent majority.

I also think it would have been a considered response and might suggest the Gemba report will be more positive than forecast by Caro.

Ok. Who the fcuk cares what Jonathan Brown has to say. Only interested in hearing from people within the club.

I retract this statement. Good on Browny for what he said about how a 2nd Queensland club would never work.

I honestly was too shocked after I saw my letterhead and heard my name to actually hear anything he said, but when he talked about buying a membership and getting to games I thought he was referring to me as well as in general. I must admit I did get the last line from someone on here, can't remember who.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly was too shocked after I saw my letterhead and heard my name to actually hear anything he said, but when he talked about buying a membership and getting to games I thought he was referring to me as well as in general. I must admit I did get the last line from someone on here, can't remember who.

Great letter - well done!

Aliroo -great letter. And thank you so much for sending it. Please, please, please can everyone write to as many board members as you can. At the very minimum, JB, Duff (as Chairman), RJ, and MB as member elected reps. It clearly makes a difference.

It doesn't take long, you can send the same letter to them all. But the more of us they hear from, the louder our voices are compared with the AFL.

Well done to JB.

I've always been a fan but my support for him has diminished of recent.

Because of not so much what he HAS said but what he HAS NOT.

The members/life blood of the club deserve this.

And my faith in him is somewhat reserved with these public statements.

We know what's needed and now it's in the hands of the clubs members. 27,000 is achievable next season and if so, we'll take it from there.
I'll probably buy two myself, as I'm sure many of you already do.
And if you're rich and have money to burn then don't stop until you need to. ;)

Fair play James Brayshaw. :thumbsu:

Now for pillow talk!

Not sure who said it first, but RB definitely posted it (or very similar) once, too. Which I'm sure he would duly confirm if there wasn't a fair chance that he's currently trying to buy his way out of a Slovenian jail cell after a drunken bender following our win over the Hawks.

Of course, I can't be fcuked looking it up like you did.

Either way, it's a great line.

Aliroo -great letter. And thank you so much for sending it. Please, please, please can everyone write to as many board members as you can. At the very minimum, JB, Duff (as Chairman), RJ, and MB as member elected reps. It clearly makes a difference.

It doesn't take long, you can send the same letter to them all. But the more of us they hear from, the louder our voices are compared with the AFL.

Also probably woth sending a letter saying how good this kind of statement and target is. Let them know that it is what we want, what we expect and what will make the difference.

Even bombarding Rick with positive emails about the show - people love passing on good news and a big response would definitely get a mention and reinforce what we want.

I'll send one tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brayshaw to talk GC move on footy show tonight...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back