Brazil vs Germany - Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
I hate romance in sport. I hate art in sport. Sport is war. War is about winning.

Who gives a stuff about playing "the right way"? In sport, the end justifies the means, and the end is getting a result.

I like the German football team because they are as hard as nails, they play as a team (something that Brazil, despite all its talent, does not), they're disciplined, they're professional, they get the job done and they don't care whose toes they step on to do it.

I would be delighted if they fought, punched, scrapped and tackled their way to a 1-0 win.

But we are Spurs fans who believe it's not only what the result is, but how you play the beautiful game.

Go Brazil!!!!!

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
Sure, romance is great in its place, but there's nothing romantic about Oliver Kahn.

I'm sure Landon Donovan knows that all too well. That's why he was seen in the San Jose Earthquakes' blue-and-black strip last weekend, as well as this one, too.

Kahn may have been the most dominant player of the tournament. Or at least one could certainly argue that...

Cheers,
William

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN
Cheats 1
I would just love for someone to explain why Brasil are 'cheats'.

Feigning from Rivaldo? Ahhh, someone use their brain, both of the highlighted times he's gone down he has exaggerated the incident sure, but dive? Nope.

Or is this just pussy sourgrape english supporters whining about getting demolished? How does it feel that the only goal was gifted from a Brasilian mistake, not good English play! Hahaaa.

Originally posted by Deej
I would just love for someone to explain why Brasil are 'cheats'.

Feigning from Rivaldo? Ahhh, someone use their brain, both of the highlighted times he's gone down he has exaggerated the incident sure, but dive? Nope.

Cheating is cheating. Feigning is just as bad as diving, and it is simply an attempt to get an undeserved decision from the ref at the expense of your opponents. If you think Rivaldo has only 'exaggerated' twice this tournament you musn't have been watching too close. He fell over grabbbing is head at least half a dzoen times against England alone. He is far from the only Brazilian player to do this as well. That is why I think Brazil are cheats, and Rivaldo is the king cheat.

Or is this just pussy sourgrape english supporters whining about getting demolished? How does it feel that the only goal was gifted from a Brasilian mistake, not good English play! Hahaaa.

Nothing like a good winner eh. :rolleyes:

You talk about loving the 'beautiful' game played by Brazil, but express support for it's players choosing to fall over at every opportunity rather than go for the ball, and try to create scoring chances through their play rather than a free kick.

Moomba

Originally posted by moomba
Cheating is cheating. Feigning is just as bad as diving, and it is simply an attempt to get an undeserved decision from the ref at the expense of your opponents.
No it isn't, not in my opinion. Manufacturing something is not as bad as exaggerating something, by a mile.

In the context of Rivaldo's 2 highlighted incidents, the first he had a friggin ball kicked at him Moomba jeez! I think if he'd done what he probably felt like doing he'd have gone over and smashed that smart ar$e turk in the head for kicking the ball at him, but for obvious reasons for the good of the team's WC plans he just couldnt do that. So he thinks stuff it, i'm going to get you your just desserts idiot, (go down, feign injury), red card haa haa sucked in smart man you deserve it buddyboy, seeya later tell your story walkin turkboy, bye bye idiot.

Wasn't a whole lot wrong with it in my opinion, other than he looked silly doing it.

If you think Rivaldo has only 'exaggerated' twice this tournament you musn't have been watching too close. He fell over grabbbing is head at least half a dzoen times against England alone. He is far from the only Brazilian player to do this as well. That is why I think Brazil are cheats, and Rivaldo is the king cheat.
He went down grabbed his head half a dozen times? You're right, I mustnt have been watching too closely Moomba. In fact, you say he is far from being the only Brasilian player to do this, well Moomba that must be why the Brasilians won then hey? Maybe that's why they've won 4 World Cups too! Are you sure you arent getting confused with Totti moomba? Or is this just more sour grapes from a whinging whining sore loser pomm??

I dunno mate, I can't tell really!

HAAA HAA go Brasil !!!

You talk about loving the 'beautiful' game played by Brazil, but express support for it's players choosing to fall over at every opportunity rather than go for the ball, and try to create scoring chances through their play rather than a free kick.

Moomba
I support them falling over? When did i say i supported the concept of any player falling over without provocation? Don't put words into my mouth please, that's a sentence I'd expect more from Dan26 not you Moomba.

And frankly, if you're suggesting Brasil would rather score from a free kick than play then you're kidding yourself. Same would go for me, nothing beats the beautiful goals set up by Brasilian attacking play. Ahhh, Mr Ronaldinho ring a tune with ya there Moomba?

Haa ha go you Sambas!!!!!

Originally posted by Deej
No it isn't, not in my opinion. Manufacturing something is not as bad as exaggerating something, by a mile.

Well your opinion is different from mine.

In the context of Rivaldo's 2 highlighted incidents, the first he had a friggin ball kicked at him Moomba jeez! I think if he'd done what he probably felt like doing he'd have gone over and smashed that smart ar$e turk in the head for kicking the ball at him, but for obvious reasons for the good of the team's WC plans he just couldnt do that. So he thinks stuff it, i'm going to get you your just desserts idiot, (go down, feign injury), red card haa haa sucked in smart man you deserve it buddyboy, seeya later tell your story walkin turkboy, bye bye idiot.

If he had any concept of sportsmanship he would have got up, and let the ref make the decision on it's merits. Result would have still been the same, only a second yellow instead of a straight red, but I would have had a lot more respect for Rivaldo. If you think what he did was some sort of noble or honourable gesture I really worry.

Wasn't a whole lot wrong with it in my opinion, other than he looked silly doing it.

Severe damage to the reputation and the integrity of the game. Prime example used by anyone worldwide who considers football is a joke.

He went down grabbed his head half a dozen times? You're right, I mustnt have been watching too closely Moomba. In fact, you say he is far from being the only Brasilian player to do this, well Moomba that must be why the Brasilians won then hey? Maybe that's why they've won 4 World Cups too!

I have never said that. The fact that they are a good side makes the cheating so unnecessary, and disappointing.

Are you sure you arent getting confused with Totti moomba?

I suspect you will find I have criticised Totti as well. You might even find that I have also criticised one of Englands players for diving as well. Of course you would see nothing wrong with it because he plays for your beloved "Manny U" and as such couldn't possibly do anything detrimental.

Or is this just more sour grapes from a whinging whining sore loser pomm??

I dunno mate, I can't tell really!

For a start I am not a pom, but was supporting them this tournament. Do a search and you will find that I, as well as many other, criticised Rivaldo for his cheating before the England v Brazil game

HAAA HAA go Brasil !!!

I find it amusing that you have questioned my maturity in the past.

I support them falling over? When did i say i supported the concept of any player falling over without provocation? Don't put words into my mouth please, that's a sentence I'd expect more from Dan26 not you Moomba.

It's the only assumption I can make from your post. Did the force of the Turkish kick force Rivaldo to fall over. Of course, apart from looking a bit silly there was nothing wrong with that was there. :rolleyes:

And frankly, if you're suggesting Brasil would rather score from a free kick than play then you're kidding yourself. Same would go for me, nothing beats the beautiful goals set up by Brasilian attacking play.

Only assumption I can make when the likes of Rivaldo will fall over rather than going for a gettable ball.

Ahhh, Mr Ronaldinho ring a tune with ya there Moomba?

Ahhh, your'e a good winner aren't you. I'm well and truly over England's exit from the World Cup, and am looking forward to the new EPL season. I guess if Brazil's success, and your constant bragging about it makes you feel better about yourself then good luck to you.

Haa ha go you Sambas!!!!!

Whatever

Moomba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Moomba, we obviously have differing perspectives on football, but no hard feelings I hope. We both love the game obviously with a passion, and that's a good thing. If you ever get along to any of the AFL games involving Carlton let me know, beer and football conversation go down well together from my experience.

(by the way that isnt a farkin pick up line)

Originally posted by moomba
What, go and see that diving cheat Craig Bradley try and play a game of footy. Maybe after he retires.

Moomba

:D :D :D

That's told him.

May I say that I really hope Brazil win - and it would be even better if they could do it with feigning injury, diving, exaggerating or, my personal favourite, taking the ball to the corner flag to waste time.

They can play the beautiful game better than anyone and that's what I'd like to see in the final. The pace and control of Roberto Carlos attacking from left back is a wonder to behold.

Germany to win 2-1
germanyf2t11x.gif

Brazil 2-1

Germany will suffer without Ballack and Kahn will succomb to the pressure of the Brazillian attack. Though Brazil will be challenged in the air against Germany who have Miroslav Klose and Janker (dont know if he is playing). Brazils arial defense is weak and im sure Germany can get an early goal from it. But with talent streaming from the back to front, Brazil should win 2-1.

MOTM will goto Cafu, Roberto Carlos or Rivaldo.

Head-to-head history...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/world/2002/world_cup/news/2002/06/28/headtohead_ap/

Brazil have won ten of the 17 lifetime meetings, West Germany/Germany winning three times and the teams drawing on the four remaining occasions.

Last meeting was in 1999, when Brazil won 4-0 in the Confederations Cup in Mexico.

Best meeting, IMO, was the 3-3 draw in Washington, D.C., in a 1993 U.S. Cup match that I mentioned on a similar thread.

Cheers,
William

I reckon Brazil might be in trouble if Kahn can continue on his great defensive tournament. He has barely let any through, and I dunno if he will continue that, but if he does, Ronaldo and Rivaldo will have to be spot on with their shots

Remove this Banner Ad

Brazil vs Germany - Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back