Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

I believe the AFL are on a witchhunt and just waiting for something to stick, but Fev being cleared by the police just means he didn't do anything illegal. It wouldn't surpise me though if he did something that would justify his sacking. Illegal acts and sackable acts are not necessarily the same.
Or it could mean that he did do something illegal but the prosecutor does not think there is enough evidence to proceed with a criminal prosecution. There might still be enough evidence to base a civil case and there might be enough evidence for an employer to act on. Further assuming something happened and it was accepted that it was encouraged by the female involved would the club or the AFL be happy that something like that occurred. They could still consider it to be a breach of the code of conduct (as distinct from the criminal code).

Personally I think the AFL have let things drag on so they can get away with not penalising Fevola. I think there is probably a reasonable case that he should be sanctioned.

On the Collingwood guys are the police still investigating? I know they were not charged with the other bloke but that doesn't mean that charges will not be laid. Further like with Fevola the AFL will refrain from sanctioning the players whilst the police investigation is continuing. Note it was St Kilda and not the AFL that acted in the Lovett case so you could look at Collingwood and ask why they have not acted in that case.

Brendan Fevola #2

Just when you thought it was safe...

Brendan Fevola Smashes Windscreen

BRISBANE Lions bad boy Brendan Fevola cannot keep out of trouble.
The controversial full forward was outside the Gabba taking part in a photo opportunity to help promote the Brisbane Bandits baseball team today when he struck a ball at a car waiting at traffic lights -- and hit the passenger-side window, smashing it to bits.

:confused:

Total media beat-up, as usual... anything to grab a headline!

Discussion Thread

Finally a sensible article

VELOCITY SPORTS NEWS

Fev joins the Bandits playoff march

7 December 2010

Article from brisbanebandits.com.au

Brisbane Lions star Brendan Fevola has thrown his weight behind the Bandits playoff push, signing up as a Bandits ambassador at an action-packed press conference outside the Gabba on Monday.

After throwing a few pitches and speaking to the assembled media, Fevola's stint at the plate brightened up an otherwise gloomy afternoon, with an attempted grounder going skyward and breaking the window of a nearby car.

Its a good move by his management to post this on their website, it seems like an implied reply to the junk that has been written about this incident.

Fevola in Brisbane Bandits jersey

scaled.php

Portrait of a life out of control
* Phil Rothfield, Rebecca Wilson
* December 12, 2010 12:19AM

At the height of his addiction, Fevola would bet tens of thousands of dollars an hour - all on credit - on major race meetings during the day and then on night meetings such as Bulli and Canberra dogs, Toowoomba and Singapore twilights.

How do we know this? Because we've got all the text messages and email exchanges to prove it - including the threat of involving the standover man.

$320,000 betting binge in two days

* December 12, 2010 12:00AM

On one weekend in February this year, Fevola had 87 bets via text message on the Saturday, then 137 bets by text on the Sunday - and lost $50,000. His grand total of bets was an incredible $321,270.

Fevola's losses were so large some bookmakers hounded him for payment. One even threatened the Lions they would employ a standover man to recoup the money.

Brendan Fevola's $50,000 weekend betting binge
  • Phil Rothfield
  • December 12, 2010 12:00AM
The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal Fevola owed money to at least seven corporate bookmakers and commission agents totalling more than $260,000. Many were willing to significantly slash the debts in order to recoup money owed by Fevola.

Michael Bowers confirmed he had received the emails from the commission agent, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
He said the club had acted in the interest of protecting Fevola from the threats.

"We took all appropriate action. I did say to the people who sent those emails, 'It's good that you sent those emails because if anything happens to him, this will be one of the first things the police see'," Mr Bowers said.

fevola121.jpg

FWIW (bugger all), I'll be boycotting any non-newsworthy articles regarding Fev. I'd encourage others to do the same. They only keep printing this tripe because people keep reading it - and every click will just encourage them further.

Interestingly, I thought the TV coverage that I saw this morning was quite sympathetic. It was as though there has been a change from "this guy is a goose" to "this guy has a serious problem".

People have drawn parallels between Fev and Warne. I see stronger links between Fec and Paul Gascoigne. Incredibly talented, horribly flawed characters. Hopefully, Fev doesn't spiral completely out of control like Gazza.

FWIW (bugger all), I'll be boycotting any non-newsworthy articles regarding Fev. I'd encourage others to do the same. They only keep printing this tripe because people keep reading it - and every click will just encourage them further.

Oath, I try to avoid all tabloid/personal life articles about footy players. I'd rather not be part of the problem by giving them hits.

I just saw that. What in the world? One of the strangest things i've seen! How were all of Fev's most confidential documents somehow left in a park? SUSS.

What about the twit that found it.

They put "Good Samaritan" under his name and he said something like "lucky these didn't get into the wrong hands".

Didn't stop the tool ringing Channel 9 for his 15 minutes of fame though did it. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the twit that found it.

They put "Good Samaritan" under his name and he said something like "lucky these didn't get into the wrong hands".

Didn't stop the tool ringing Channel 9 for his 15 minutes of fame though did it. :rolleyes:

Was going to post exactly the same thing. Appalling form, chummy. Ditto Nein. :thumbsdown:

Thats weird alright!!....hope Fev has asked the police to investigate..

To get all that very personal stuff, there are 3 scenarios..

.. someone close to him would have to have taken it..

.. someone broke into their house and stole it..

..or Fev is incredibly careless with his belongings..

..or Fev is incredibly careless with his belongings..

I would go with this...couldn't believe how non-plussed he was that such documents were found in a park. Laugh out lound moment was the reporter asking about a reward and he mentioned giving the guy a Lions jumper...and he wasn't interested. Couldn't blame him really, I wouldn't want one either.:p

I would go with this...couldn't believe how non-plussed he was that such documents were found in a park. Laugh out lound moment was the reporter asking about a reward and he mentioned giving the guy a Lions jumper...and he wasn't interested. Couldn't blame him really, I wouldn't want one either.:p

As funny as that situation would be, you got your facts mixed up there Dylan. :p

He offered to buy the guy a membership but he didn't want it and asked for a signed jumper instead.

The club should just save some time and give Fev a box of jumpers for him to sign in advance. Seems he is giving away one a week as compensation for something.

This rubbish was the lead ‘news’ story on channel 9.

I was at a pub with the cricket on and the volume down. They kept on advertising the stories coming up in the bulletin.

So all I keep on seeing is shots of Fev looking stressed and then shots of his passport.

The whole time I was thinking ‘oh shit what has he done now’.

My god, this is why I'm glad my TV aerial is bust. I mean there's fallout from the Christmas Island disaster, international news in the Wikileaks related arena and hell, even the Ashes, but they go in with Fevs' lost documents? Journalistic integrity really has taken a nosedive.

He offered to buy the guy a membership but he didn't want it and asked for a signed jumper instead.

The club should just save some time and give Fev a box of jumpers for him to sign in advance. Seems he is giving away one a week as compensation for something.

Oops, I was being distracted when the story came on.:eek:

I thought the same thing at the time about Fev having spare jumpers on hand for these numerous instances.

Oops, I was being distracted when the story came on.:eek:

I thought the same thing at the time about Fev having spare jumpers on hand for these numerous instances.

I wonder how much the jumper merchandise sales really were these year when you subtract Fevola's apology jumpers. ;)

You think that's big news... reporters have unearthed evidence of Fev and Warne speaking to one another...:eek:

Fevola's support tweets for Warnie

• Confidential reporters
  • December 16, 2010 12:00AM
SHANE Warne and Brendan Fevola have controversy in common. So it's no surprise footy bad boy Fevola was checking to see if Warnie was OK on Twitter yesterday.
WARNE: About to interview Ricky Ponting for my tv show ... What would you like me to ask him besides the obvious.
FEVOLA: @warne888 ask him if he thinks u should be captain of the Aussie team? What goes mate everything ok?

A far more interesting story would have been the byplay between Fev and Craig Hutchison.

Article on the missing documents saga:

"I lost it a couple of days ago and I wasn't quite sure where it was, but I thought it would just turn up somewhere around the house," Fevola said.

These documents had to have got to the park somehow...so who took them and then threw them away?...I hope the Lions or police are looking into the hows and why's of the whole thing..

...and Fev's sense of urgency and importance of a situation is sadly lacking, although I think most of us knew that already..

This bloke never ceases to amaze me..

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back