Re: Brendan Fevola #2

Shanghai Day 4

fevola.jpg

Brendan Fevola becomes an honourary Singapore Wombat

Brendan Fevola's war on wheels
  • Greg Davis
  • October 30, 2010 7:46PM
LESS than 48 hours before his Brisbane teammates begin pre-season training, Lions full-forward Brendan Fevola will race at 100km/h in a five-tonne monster truck, crashing over buses, cars and caravans.
Fevola will be piloting the monster truck "Scooby Doo" and will receive expert tuition from US professional drivers, who are in town for the event.
Featherby said Fevola had the option of participating in the more gentle celebrity event but opted to take part in the hell-for-leather race.
"He was quite keen to be involved. He's not doing the celebrity thing, he's in the show for real," he said.

fevola117.jpg

Discussion Thread

Japan's next gen show their potential
Sunday, October 31 2010 @ 10:08 AM EST
Contributed by: Brett

Two weeks ago the Brisbane Lions were defeated by the Melbourne Demons in the AFL clash in Shanghai for the Kaspersky Cup. The curtain raiser, also at Jiangwan Stadium, saw a Japanese Under 21 side take on China in a 9-a-side match.

After the game a small presentation was held between both teams by exchanging footballs. The Brisbane Lions' Brendan Fevola came on to the ground to add some fun, having some kicks with the Samurais boys. The boys were reportedly extremely excited to actually see the AFL star.

fevola.jpg

Grim, was the photo (the one you posted underneath, that is) from "Brendan Fevolas war on wheels" more recent than the photo from "Japans next gen show their potential"?
If so, I hope Fev is bringing back the hair. Im hoping there's a link between that hair and the form he had with it at Carlton...;)

Grim, was the photo (the one you posted underneath, that is) from "Brendan Fevolas war on wheels" more recent than the photo from "Japans next gen show their potential"?
If so, I hope Fev is bringing back the hair. Im hoping there's a link between that hair and the form he had with it at Carlton...;)

I'm sorry to disappoint you Tetris, but the rate of hair growth means that a short to long transformation is not possible. I can narrow down time of snip to be somewhere between the 14th October and the 17th October.

67415_142128199168159_127492360631743_193650_4661924_n.jpg

Fevola at the Monster Truck event.

I really like the polo, not sure if its gonna be our new one for next year but its a nice colour and differs from the boring navy blue we've become accustomed to around the AFL.

Link to article

The Brisbane Lions player said while he resisted the temptation to have a punt on Oaks Day, he still enjoyed all the festivities of the day with footy pals Andrew Raines, Matthew Richardson, and Nathan Brown in the betting giant's marquee."I don't bet," Fevola said.
But he still dances - busting a few moves on the dance floor to the Michael Jackson hit Can You Feel It.

fevola.jpg

First day of pre-season training

Link

Club leaders Jonathan Brown, Simon Black and Luke Power were all allowed to stay at home while controversial forward Brendan Fevola was on hand at Coorparoo's Giffin Park.Fevola trained away from the main group, continuing rehab on his groin injury.

Link

But the likes of Mitch Clark and Ash McGrath did return to training early, pleasing Voss who noted an impressive attitude across his list, including a fit-looking Fevola.
"They all look like there's not too much pudding there," he said.
"They have all presented themselves in good fashion and Fev has done the same thing."

Link to article

Voss made it clear that the club was employing a number of measures to ensure Fevola returns to his best form in 2011, as well as eradicating any bad blood between club and player. "I'm sure at different times he had a bit of a sour taste (in his mouth) - at times as a club we did, too," he said.
"We know that any relationship has got to be worked on constantly, and it's no different with Fev.
"Ultimately, Fev, we've soon forgotten, it a pretty handy player. He's certainly a matchwinner and we've got to make sure that we can get him at a stage where he can have that impact on our group."

fevola122.jpg

The headline in that article is pathetic.

"Yet to be forgiven by Voss"... what a load of rot. Voss said nothing of the sort.

Media doing everything they can to try and milk more controversy out of a nothing situation. Time to close ranks and tell the media parasites to piss off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The headline in that article is pathetic.

"Yet to be forgiven by Voss"... what a load of rot. Voss said nothing of the sort.

Media doing everything they can to try and milk more controversy out of a nothing situation. Time to close ranks and tell the media parasites to piss off.

:thumbsu:

Was nice to see this thread on page 2, however:

AFL decision on possible Brendan Fevola punishment coming soon

THE AFL says it will decide soon whether to punish Brisbane Lions forward Brendan Fevola over allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

Police dropped an investigation into claims of alleged indecent exposure in September, but an AFL investigation has continued.

League operations manager Adrian Anderson said today he expected a recommendation soon from the AFL's cultural strategy and education manager Sue Clark, who interviewed Fevola and the woman who made the allegations.

Fevola wishes new Blue all the best
By Tim Clarke
24 November 2010 05:24PM EST

ASPIRING Carlton forward Luke Mitchell has been given the blessing of former superstar Brendan Fevola, after the new recruit was handed the old number of the ex-Coleman medallist.

The Blues’ number 25 will be worn by Mitchell, the first time is has been used since Fevola's contentious move from Visy Park following the 2009 season.

“Hope the young fella has a great and long career at the blues best of luck to him,” Fevola tweeted. “It was put away so all the mums and dads had time to take the two off and leave the Judd man's number five there.”

Why is Fevola getting punished?? What is he getting punished for???

I think the quote is pretty clear:

1) it doesn't say that Fev actually is getting punished and
2) it says the AFL is still investigating the alleged incident from September.

I think they really should drop it and move on, he has been cleared by police detectives. This saga is really starting to drag on. It is an allegation but it seems the AFL doesnt want to be seen as they dont take it seriously.

I think they really should drop it and move on, he has been cleared by police detectives. This saga is really starting to drag on. It is an allegation but it seems the AFL doesnt want to be seen as they dont take it seriously.

Yeah, they just seem to be grand standing to convey a high ethical position.

Starting to look like a witchhunt to me...

I thought it was all over, done and dusted etc....apparently not

....and so we start off another season with Fev in the headlines if this all goes ahead:mad:

I think the quote is pretty clear:

1) it doesn't say that Fev actually is getting punished and
2) it says the AFL is still investigating the alleged incident from September.

Why don't the AFL show more interest in misbehaving magpies???? Pathetic really Fevola being targeted once again.

I believe the AFL are on a witchhunt and just waiting for something to stick, but Fev being cleared by the police just means he didn't do anything illegal. It wouldn't surpise me though if he did something that would justify his sacking. Illegal acts and sackable acts are not necessarily the same.

Why did the AFL release a statement indicating a punishment, why tell us in the first place? Why not just give out the “punishment” and save all mess.
Seems to me that the AFL has an agenda and wanting to be seen to be doing something pro active, likely nothing will come of it.
Either way Eddie will be watching as will the AFLPA

(Clarke is probably thankfull, short term pain long term gain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Brendan Fevola #2 (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back