Brendan Fevola admits gambling addiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Vic media...Covered it up when he played for Blues, now he plays interstate...all bets off- laughable.

Lucky hawthorn are not an interstate side:rolleyes:

Typical Vic media...Covered it up when he played for Blues, now he plays interstate...all bets off- laughable.

Lucky hawthorn are not an interstate side:rolleyes:

Is that you Piero - still with the victorian conspiracy I see

What exactly did they cover up - it was well known that Fev liked to gamble, it isn't illegal and he has now recognised that he has a problem - where exactly is the conspiracy in all of this :confused:

Why is this a story?

Have we fallen so low as a society that the personal failings - failings that he is seeking private help for and has little to no impact on his football - of a famous footballer are now fodder for scumbag journalists to gleefully break as an exclusive after months of investigation?

good post :thumbsu:

"When asked by the Herald Sun's Mike Sheahan about murmurings he had missed deliberately, Fevola hit back: "Come on, man. It was going straight through the middle and I'd just kicked eight. That's ridiculous ... ""

Now that is interesting. If he was in the pocket of the bookies... Probably nothing to it, but interesting nonetheless.

"When asked by the Herald Sun's Mike Sheahan about murmurings he had missed deliberately, Fevola hit back: "Come on, man. It was going straight through the middle and I'd just kicked eight. That's ridiculous ... ""

Now that is interesting. If he was in the pocket of the bookies... Probably nothing to it, but interesting nonetheless.

What are the odds of him hitting the post though ........ think about it, the miss would have been a little more deliberate than that, he could of just shanked it out of bounds on the full.

I’m sending this to let you know
I think of you each day,
And pray for your recovery,
Hoping soon you’ll be okay.
You’re going through a lot right now,
You’re treatments can be trying,
Remember while you do them
It’s your problem you’re defying.
Hold on to your positive attitude,
And when things get hard to bear,
Know that I am here for you,
Remember that I care.
And when you’re well and flourishing,
Look back and realize,
You learned what you were made of,
That’s a reward that satisfies!
I believe in you; You can do it!

To Brendon

Hello, my friend; You’re on my mind,
Because you're somehow ailing,
But your response to any challenge
Has always been unfailing.
So I’m confident you’ll win again;
Hang in there, and you’ll see;
You’ll be back on top in no time,
Tackling life courageously.

WTF is your story :eek::eek:

To Brendon

Hello, my friend; You’re on my mind,
Because you're somehow falling,
But your response to any challenge
Has always been appalling.
So I’m confident you’ll win again;
Hang in there, and you’ll see;
You’ll be back on top in no time,
Give you odds of seven-to-three.

LMFAO :D:thumbsu:

Nice work Perce!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola would be loving all this attention, its all he cares about.

Why do you think he came public with it?

Too get his fat ugly head on the front page.

Hope he dies in fire, pathetic bogan.

You really need to think before you post.

Watch what you say. Some of us who love Fev despite all his failings may take offence.

I don't blame Carlton nor do I think Brisbane has done anything special either, I reckon Fev has come to the realisation he's only got another 2 odd years left of receiving large pay cheques. With the debts mounting now's the time to do something before he's broke! See he's not completely stupid!

I was always of an opinion that Fev needed some major growing up and despite some silly posts on here, I believe Carlton did everything they could to help this bloke out, as are Brisbane now.

But in the end he needs to help himself and lets hope he doesn't get crucified by the media like Cousins did, because that helps..................NOT!

Maybe it's time people realised Fev is just an A grade ********?

Seems to have a problem with just about everything whether it be booze, women, gambling, acting like a mature adult. Other than kicking a football, does he have anything going for him?

The AFL should be ashamed of themselves how they put dollars ahead of principle.

Oh, and don't be surprised if this story is being floated simply to garner sympathy.

Isn't there someone chasing him in the courts for money?

Would seem an opportune time to portray yourself as a broke, gambling addict.

Didn't Jono Brown say on the news the other night he reckons Fev must have money on him for the Coleman Medal as he was dishing off goals to Brown ?
Oops,bad timing for that gag Jono :eek:

Shocking media beat up. They should just let the guy get on with his rehab in peace.

Playing poker full time I have played against Brendan a few times and sat down at the tables with him for hours at a time.

TBH he strikes me as an incredibly nice guy. He was jovial, fun and a bit of a clown.

Just a shame he's no good at poker and obviously has an addiction to gambling in general.

I wish him all the best in getting better as I have seen gambling addictions destroy families and lives

Personally, I think Fev is a knob.

As much as I have enjoyed watching him over the years, there are only so many things that one person can be involved in that display his idiocy before we have to realise, he is just an idiot.

Having said that, I don't hate him. He does not appear to be a malicious person, just a man-child.

The issue of problem gambling is a major one and it irks me just how much gambling is pushed now. The advertising of gambling is now so in your face, it is inescapable. In the past, if you watched horse racing (which I don't), you would see the odds on the race. That is part of the sport.

Now, I see the updated odds come up on the big screen at quarter and half at AFL games with the announcer bringing it to our attention. We are invited to visit the on site TAB to part with our money. Watching the footy this season on tele, we see an ad for some betting agency that involves a man dancing around with a bag of money that he has just won.

Gambling is insidious and it's ready acceptance in society bothers me greatly. For every Fev that is in a bad position, but still has massive earning potential to recover, there are thousands of people in Australia that have their lives ruined by gambling.

Ever thought it was us giving him the sack that finally made him face his problems? Fevola was an A-grade ****wit when he playing at Carlton. He ruled the roost he knew it.

Him being traded is the best thing that's ever happened to him. It took a harsh punishment for him to actually understand the gravity of his actions.

The club did all they could for him. In fact, they did too much. The only way to sort out a person like him is give them a massive kick up the ass.

I wish him well, but i think it's rediculous to suggest the club weren't giving 100% in making one of their stars as happy as possible.

That is spot on jonoman! He didn't have a Jon Brown at Carlton to 'knock' him into line! The fans, players, officals and coaching staff all treated him like he was the son of god at Carlton. He is just a jnr burger at the Lions!

Nope, and who are the feeble minded individuals that are interested in this shit :confused: it obviously must sell papers which means it isnt going to stop anytime soon :mad:

Agree 100%

Like I said in my post above. Complete media beat up.

So what if the guys getting help for a problem. Let him do it in bloody peace

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Fevola admits gambling addiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back