Brendan Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's a bit under rated. Most bag him as a waste of a number 1 draft pick but I would love him at the Dons.

Wont ever be a midfielder but has fantastic decision making and kicking skills which is what we need more than anything at the moment. Lacks a bit of foot speed which is an area St Kilda struggle with, but the Dons have more than enough. If you played him next to Dempsey off a back flank he would be very valuable.

Probably worth a first round pick in most drafts but you might struggle to get that for him given this year with the concessions kicking in next year.

Would be happy to trade Laycock and a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for him...

I think St Kilda play him out of position. They should play him in the middle. He has alot of class and his skills are exeptional - probably in the top 5 field kick in the comp. I think he could really hurt teams if he got forward of centre a bit more. I would give up Collingwoods first round pick for him! I know that Collingwood were really keen on him when he was out of contract 2 or 3 years ago.

Saints can have, Dyson, Johns, Lee for him lol

Seriously I would give up as much as a late first rounder for him or say around pick 18. Would be very happy to see him in the red and black, I rate him highly!

I think St Kilda play him out of position. They should play him in the middle. He has alot of class and his skills are exeptional - probably in the top 5 field kick in the comp. I think he could really hurt teams if he got forward of centre a bit more. I would give up Collingwoods first round pick for him! I know that Collingwood were really keen on him when he was out of contract 2 or 3 years ago.
I'm not sold on him playing midfield... doesnt seem to do a lot of the tough stuff. Hands seem a bit slow in close as well, seems to be pretty "outside"? Would probably need a St Kilda supporter to confirm this though.

I can see him playing on a wing, seems to have a reasonable tank and I agree that his field kicking would be deadly spearing the ball into Lloyd and Lucas.

I think he's worth at least a mid-late 1st rounder. I think he's very much underrated on these boards. He's a excellent kick of the football and would be valuable to any club that doesn't have that type of player to create and set up play from the backline/midfield.

I think he would be a great Midfielder, in an even midfield rotation, don't have to have super speed to play on the ball, his hands are a bit slow, but I think he would have the strength to stand up in a tackle, see Chand Cornes, all he would have to do is play the square and be the link man, Has great hands and can kick a yard accuratly!

Definately still worth a top five pick imo. People may underrate him because he was out injured last year and at the start of this year.

Absoloute gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still young... very very good young player. IMO he's worth at least a high 1st round pick at least. Should develop into a gun midfielder. Has good size and is a booming kick.

I'm not sold on him playing midfield... doesnt seem to do a lot of the tough stuff. Hands seem a bit slow in close as well, seems to be pretty "outside"? Would probably need a St Kilda supporter to confirm this though.

I can see him playing on a wing, seems to have a reasonable tank and I agree that his field kicking would be deadly spearing the ball into Lloyd and Lucas.
if i ever saw goddard in essendon or collingwood colours i will be pshysicaly sick i think he should stay at the saints

One of the best kicks in the AFL, and possibly the best going around at playing that loose "3rd man up" role in defense, as he is truly competitive in the air, and uses the ball terrifically.

Don't know that he's a midfielder, but he could definitely still develop into either a gun CHB or medium defender ala James Clement. I wouldn't bring him to Collingwood, as our limited need for him wouldn't justify spending what he'd cost, but he's certainly a terrific player.

You blokes aren't still on this are you?

If he wanted to go to Carlton he would have done so when you were holding the early picks in the PSD and when he was out of contract. It's not like you haven't given him plenty of opportunity.

If the Saints were offloading talent for picks, BJ would be one of last we'd put up.

Goddard & Kosi for Fev?

LMFAO.

goddard + kozzie for Fev? :)

Not in a million years goddard will stay a saint. I expected more from him wen he was drafted at number one but its not only him look at saints list its great they just can't get it together id put kozzie in ruck more n drop big nick down CHB they can't get it happening both up foward leave one down there with milne only one of them is needed use the other somewhere else there both handly utilites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back