Remove this Banner Ad

madtiger

Senior List
Sep 8, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
richmond
What a dead set tosser, The story is that he told ben Mason to be more accountable on Rowan O callaghan who was carving Moama up, Then Ben Mason said to hehir maybe you should stop hiding in the forward line and have a crack, so Hehir threw down the board and went and had a shower and left. What kind of coach does that? Obviously can't hack criticism. he will just move to another club and rob them blind anyway.

madtiger said:
What a dead set tosser, The story is that he told ben Mason to be more accountable on Rowan O callaghan who was carving Moama up, Then Ben Mason said to hehir maybe you should stop hiding in the forward line and have a crack, so Hehir threw down the board and went and had a shower and left. What kind of coach does that? Obviously can't hack criticism. he will just move to another club and rob them blind anyway.

What kind of footballer talks back to there coach when giving criticism or being told what to do?? the coach shouldnt have done what he did but gee you know when your times up when players back chat and dont wanna comply with instructions.

The club sounds like a complete shambles, bring in Dean Lupson he would sort a few of the blokes out lmfao.

Got a mate who plays at Moama, and iv'e sat in on a couple of their team meeting this year. This news doesn't surprise me at all, the guy is a absolute nob. And quite often when the team is going bad, he just stop presentintg himself up foward and blames everyone else up the ground. He's allready had his brother walk out on the club due to his pathetic coaching styles. Who next? In the words of Grettle Kelieen "It is time to go..... Brendan".

Jock's Netballers said:
And didn't coach them on the weekend due to a family emergency on the morning of the match...according to the Border Mail...

AND THEY WON TO, AREN'T HEHIR & LUPSON GGOD MATES, THINK THEY MAY HAVE PLAYED TOGETHER AT SUNBURY.

Perhaps Hehir and Lupson could be coach and assistant coach of a club in 06 - what a circus that would be!!

To be honest Moama is getting what they deserved with the appointment of Hehir. A mercenary and certainly had more clubs than I have had hot dinners!!! Defintely not a coach or a genuine leader of a club and very overrated in my opinion.

Hopefully Hehir has resigned and Moama can get their house back into some order. It wasn't that long ago that Moama were spouting off how they should join the GVFL.

localfootyguru said:
Perhaps Hehir and Lupson could be coach and assistant coach of a club in 06 - what a circus that would be!!

To be honest Moama is getting what they deserved with the appointment of Hehir. A mercenary and certainly had more clubs than I have had hot dinners!!! Defintely not a coach or a genuine leader of a club and very overrated in my opinion.

Hopefully Hehir has resigned and Moama can get their house back into some order. It wasn't that long ago that Moama were spouting off how they should join the GVFL.

Spoke to my mate who plays at the club last night, and the club had a very heated meeting last night and a new caretaker coach has been appointed. Not sure of his name, but apparently the meeting nearly broke out into a fist fight on a few occasions.

ANT JESS said:
Spoke to my mate who plays at the club last night, and the club had a very heated meeting last night and a new caretaker coach has been appointed. Not sure of his name, but apparently the meeting nearly broke out into a fist fight on a few occasions.
he he. it appears as though the club is going places.

Moama started its downhill slide whwn they appointed Todd Viney, he created a rule that no player over 30 was to be paid and created an incentive bog awards with nobody on a contract. Apparantley bog was worth 600 big ones a game. Brendan hehir has been a laughingstock around town all year when you see him out on the turps he thinks he is gods gift. good riddance to bad rubbish and I don't even support Moama.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sure is the same bloke.
I'm pretty confident his brother was playing for Bachus Marsh last year when he was at Mansfield.
Can anyone confirm whether this story is true?
Has Hehir been sacked?
Quit?
Or is still coaching?

Kooley said:
Tell me is this the same Brendan Hehir who is originaly from Darley/Bacchus Marsh?

yes he was originaly from bacchus marsh, i played seniors with his brother in the seniors last year and he cracked it with the club and walked out as well

popenfresh said:
yes he was originaly from bacchus marsh, i played seniors with his brother in the seniors last year and he cracked it with the club and walked out as well
is his brother's name Darren?

Hehir is meeting with the club this afternoon and a decision will be made by the morning. It looks as though the two will definitely part company and old Hehiry can move on to another town and another club and see how much he can take from the coffers.

arceri said:
heard it could be paul clarke

Allan Corrie is the assistant coach, wouldn't he just step up as coach for the last part of the year?

HEHIR TRIGGER
By Richard Goodbody

July 27 2005
Shepparton News

Brendan Hehir's nine-month coaching tenure at Moama appears to be over.
Amid a storm of controversy it is believed Hehir will be relieved of his duties before the week's end.

While the first-year coach was coy about his circumstances yesterday, he did state that he was meeting club president Geoff Harris later yesterday to discuss his future.

When asked directly whether he had already been sacked by the Magpies' executive Hehir said he was hamstrung by what he could and couldn't say.

"We're going through the processes at the moment," Hehir said.

"I don't want to say too much before we've worked everything out."

Since arriving at Moama Hehir has experienced a turbulent time with the Magpies, which came to a head at the weekend during his three-quarter-time address.

With the side's finals chances hanging by a thread, Hehir exchanged heated words with his captain Ben Mason in front of dozens of supporters.

At the time Hehir criticised Mason for his lack of accountability on Barooga midfielder Rowan O'Callaghan before the Magpies' skipper returned fire with a verbal spray of his own.

In a cutting attack Mason criticised Hehir's efforts on the ground and his "bagging" of his own players.

Perplexed by his captain's criticism, Hehir threw down his coach's board and left the huddle before spending the remainder of his time in the interchange box.

The Murray Football League representative captain took no further part in the game which Barooga went on to win by 50 points, leaving the venue midway through the final term.

Yesterday Harris said he was unwilling to make a statement at that stage.

Moama is currently gripping to fifth place in the Murray Football League after dropping its past four matches by an average of 67 points.

If Hehir is stood down, an interim coach is expected to fulfil the duties for the remainder of the season.

Former player Paul Clarke is currently the leading candidate.

ANT JESS said:
they'll win the flag now ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Hehir walks out at 3quarter time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back