Brett Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

"Who was the last person we moved on?"

Josh Francou, Matt Bode - neither had somewhere else to go

Francou left because he didn't want to swim in the same pool of poo as the muppets remaining.
Bode left, as I understand it because he despises Burton. Don't believe these 2 have ever been mates.

Let's face it - the club will not, ever, make the changes required right now, because it doesn't see the issue. So what if most of the employees are ex players who all come from the same 5 year span? Who was the last person we moved on? Anyone? We won't move someone on unless they have something else to go to.

Now if I'm Fagan and I really want to make a difference, this is what I'm trying to do;

OUT
Burton
Pyke
Camporeale

IN
A head coach with the balls to not buckle to the 'Crows' way that Neil Craig defined. For this reason, even though I think he's a complete tosser, I'm going for Brad Scott. He won't tolerate the BS and I think would make a huge difference. Will put the past behind us and he will have a clearly defined direction and plan. Plus the players will remember what intensity is. I then fully hand the keys over to Scott. Tell him he has 5 years and at the end of that period we want to be playing in Grad Finals. No Finals or bust mantra. Its GF and premierships that count. Give him the job asap and he can start the list planning and trading work. If he wants to dump players, drop down the ladder and stock up on picks, so be it.

An Assistant with extensive experience - Alan Richardson. Can take over Campo's role as Head Assistant. Has proven himself an excellent assistant coach.

An experienced Football Manager that has ZERO links to the Crows. Not sure who, but they will be out there.

Ross Lyon. He is gettable. And probably the best available. But is he the right man for a rebuild?

Would it be too much for us to pass the hat around for some cash and put an advert on seek for campo, Burton and roo’s positions.

How much for an executive level advert on seek ?

We agitated and helped precipitate the end of Trigg. We can do it again.

Francou went into teaching becuase we said he couldn't go to GC.
Or was it Francou stating "he would go back to teaching if Adelaide wouldn't release from his contract"?

From memory his release and subsequent appointment at GC wasn't announced until mid-way through the trade period. Effectively a couple of months after Adelaide's season had finished.

Regardless, it all seemed odd

Brad Scott? Really?

He has all the issues that Pyke has. Backs in out of form senior players for far too long. Not a good match day coach. Lacks innovation in his game plan. Doesn't trust young players. A perfect middle of the road coach for a club that wants to be middle of the road.

So exactly what the Crows want but don't need

I get what your saying and I really don't like the guy either so it would be a tough pill to swallow. BUT if we are ever going to break out of the horrible cycle we are in, we need to have someone who has the guts to tell those above to eat cr@p and do it their own way. It takes a huge amount of ego to do that and there aren't many of those around that are available. I suspect it is particularly difficult at Adelaide given how comfortable all those above are in their roles. Telling them to change will cause enormous friction. Unfortunately, it HAS to be done.

Ross Lyon. He is gettable. And probably the best available. But is he the right man for a rebuild?

The guy fits the bill in terms of having the ego and power to change the culture. Unfortunately he's the worst coach in the AFL and I'd rather 10 more years of what we have now than a single year of that tool.

Or was it Francou stating "he would go back to teaching if Adelaide wouldn't release from his contract"?

From memory his release and subsequent appointment at GC wasn't announced until mid-way through the trade period. Effectively a couple of months after Adelaide's season had finished.

Regardless, it all seemed odd
Yeah, maybe you're right. I think he said GAGF to us, in don't need this.
I remember seeing him at the B&F last year, there wasn't much talking with anyone else at the coaches table except Matt Clarke from memory.
There certainly wasn't much mingling between coaches and players, with the exception of Tex who went and sat at the coaches table for a while. Don didn't mingle from what I saw (I was about 2 tables away)

Francou left because he didn't want to swim in the same pool of poo as the muppets remaining.
Bode left, as I understand it because he despises Burton. Don't believe these 2 have ever been mates.

Hutchy said on FC 2 nights ago that the main reason Teague left after 2017 was differences with Pyke...essentially that he wasn't happy because his ideas weren't being taken on and Pyke wanted him out because Teague would challenge him.

You have to shake your head. How can they not see it?
It's one of the problems when you hire friends. You see past a lot or all of their faults and only see the positives. I'm sure Roo thinks Burton is great and got the job entirely on his own merits, anyone else who isn't friends with Burton probably thinks otherwise.

God no! He destroyed the Saints and is doing the same to Freo.
Freo were already dead when Ross got there. He's not done much since you'd have to say.

I feel like he a bit of a Pyke coach - very structured and likes to play experienced players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like Brad Scott but he got a hell of a lot out of a not very talented North list when he got them to 2-3 prelims so he deserves some credit.
Yeah, I tend to agree. I reckon he's the sort of coach you hate as an oppo supporter, but would probably love if he was coaching your team.

I think Don Pyke would be more suited to this position than senior coach
I wondered about this, but I'm not sure. I think he's too conservative for my liking. We are hearing that he doesn't like being told someone else has a different idea

Hutchy said on FC 2 nights ago that the main reason Teague left after 2017 was differences with Pyke...essentially that he wasn't happy because his ideas weren't being taken on and Pyke wanted him out because Teague would challenge him.
Hutchy and reliable source not to be used in the same sentence.

God no! He destroyed the Saints and is doing the same to Freo.

If you call being within a kick in two grand finals destroying then I'd love to see what success looks like.
He took St Kilda (twice) AND Fremantle closer than we have been in 21 years.

If you call being within a kick in two grand finals destroying then I'd love to see what success looks like.
He took St Kilda (twice) AND Fremantle closer than we have been in 21 years.

Such a fine line.

But for the Steven Milne bounce and ‘Leo Barry you Star’ mark, would Lyon be the hero premiership coach and would the over the top circle jerking about how great Paul Roos be stopped?

It seems people have polar opposite views of these coaches but there’s only a kick in it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Such a fine line.

But for the Steven Milne bounce and ‘Leo Barry you Star’ mark, would Lyon be the hero premiership coach and would the over the top circle jerking about how great Paul Roos be stopped?

It seems people have polar opposite views of these coaches but there’s only a kick in it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A toepoke from Scarlett away from the other flag too.
He took his teams to 3 grand finals in a 12 year career.

Adelaide Crows have made 3 grand finals in 28 years.

The bloke has been pretty unlucky.
Dont look at Freo right now. He has a pretty average list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back