Bring back the Adelaide Rams ****en

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good for league. Respond to my questions at your leisure.

If you don't like the answers stay away from the truth and away from the League section and go into the rest of the stadium.

I will not repeatedly answer the same question over and over again.

I don't take orders. re-read if you like but i'm searching through it.

Look, I don't care what the Great walllot snatchers do in the Breakfast Point area of Sydney, this is supposed to be about Adelaide and Rugby League.

I want them in the League within 10 years, what are the locals thoughts?

Just a general question.

You're not **** from LU are you?
Never posted on LU in my life.
Look, I don't care what the Great walllot snatchers do in the Breakfast Point area of Sydney, this is supposed to be about Adelaide and Rugby League.

Yeah and I was asking how you thought they'd be viable using GWS as a reference point, seen as that's something that's apparently obviously going to crash and burn.

Looks to me like you argue for arguments sake.

It's an online fan forum, mate. All argument and discussion on here is for the sake of it. You've posted on the main board about GWS and its fair to say you're not a shining light of positivity. On the other hand you believe Adelaide would have a successful team despite having all the hallmarks of the GWS push. I'm just curious as to why. If it's just gut feeling then so be it. I just don't see how you could trash one and believe in the other so whole heartedly.

Do you follow a team in the NRL?

Would you believe I was one of Freddy's 5000?

Adelaide shouldn't even be listed as an Australian city let alone have a RL team.

I'd rather an Alice Springs team before Adelaide. Maybe a good place to send Cronulla?

The Alice Springs Sharks. Has a nice ring to it eh?

In hindsight Cronulla shouldn't of being admitted into the NRL in the first place they were a juniors area for St George so they were St George's territory. So basically the NRL end up cutting into St George's territory through Cronulla admission in return Cronulla has given low crowds, terrible players and no premierships. Cronulla's spot is wasted for a more deserving team such as the Central Coast, Perth hell even Adelaide has a chance of getting better attendance/membership than Cronulla. The amount of financial trouble Cronulla being through in the 80's,90's and 00's is staggering too.

Overall, Cronulla is a waste of a spot which could of being used for a better area that would actually support it's team.

It's an online fan forum, mate. All argument and discussion on here is for the sake of it. You've posted on the main board about GWS and its fair to say you're not a shining light of positivity. On the other hand you believe Adelaide would have a successful team despite having all the hallmarks of the GWS push. I'm just curious as to why. If it's just gut feeling then so be it. I just don't see how you could trash one and believe in the other so whole heartedly.

I told you already, Adelaide showed they can support a team when they averaged 15k in their first season playing at a cricket ground and a hopeless team on the pitch.

Sydney already has an AFL team, the place doesn't need a second.

If anyone is interested in the game in NSW, they have the swans, bringing in another team isn't going to change anything, all it'll do it hurt the existing one like we have seen with soccer in Melbourne.

You can agree or not, I don't care.

We'll just have to wait and see who is correct.

I told you already, Adelaide showed they can support a team when they averaged 15k in their first season playing at a cricket ground and a hopeless team on the pitch.
Where'd the extra 5 comes from?

Sydney already has an AFL team, the place doesn't need a second.

If anyone is interested in the game in NSW, they have the swans, bringing in another team isn't going to change anything, all it'll do it hurt the existing one like we have seen with soccer in Melbourne.

You can agree or not, I don't care.

We'll just have to wait and see who is correct.

Yeah, you've said that. I was more looking for some kind of basis rather than supposition. We'll just go with gut feeling then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight Cronulla shouldn't of being admitted into the NRL in the first place they were a juniors area for St George so they were St George's territory. So basically the NRL end up cutting into St George's territory through Cronulla admission in return Cronulla has given low crowds, terrible players and no premierships. Cronulla's spot is wasted for a more deserving team such as the Central Coast, Perth hell even Adelaide has a chance of getting better attendance/membership than Cronulla. The amount of financial trouble Cronulla being through in the 80's,90's and 00's is staggering too.

Overall, Cronulla is a waste of a spot which could of being used for a better area that would actually support it's team.

It's a beautiful thing isn't it?

Where'd the extra 5 comes from?

I said their first season, they averaged over 15k in the SL comp.

Yeah, you've said that. I was more looking for some kind of basis rather than supposition. We'll just go with gut feeling then.

The proof is there, they have averaged well in the seasons they played, the reason for the drop off was because the fans knew the team was going to get the chop more or less at the beginning of their 2nd season. All the reports about back then were talking about which teams would likely get the arse or who should.

I'm amazed they managed to keep the fans during that 1st NRL season that they did. It wouldn't have mattered if they averaged 15k in that first NRL season, the war was won and lost and the Sydney clubs were priority #1 because without Sydney, the game would've died.

The game is only now back to were it was back in 1995, but with less teams.

And that's the reason I think Adelaide can and will work one day in the future, but they'll only ever have 1 club.

As for GWS, well the swans crowds sometimes gives the TV ratings a run for their money, 1 team is enough.

As for GWS, well the swans crowds sometimes gives the TV ratings a run for their money, 1 team is enough.

Haha, interesting that crowds are a fall back when convenient. Average Sydney crowds haven't fallen under 30k in almost a decade including crowds of 50-60 thousand against interstate teams for H & A matches. GWS will have more funding, a higher population without any sporting loyalties thus far (remember, 2.2 million people out there, not an amazing amount of members), a bigger junior base and a bigger presence than League in SA. I think if we're going off tangible indicators there's nothing to say it wouldn't be at least as successful as the Rams.

Haha, interesting that crowds are a fall back when convenient. Average Sydney crowds haven't fallen under 30k in almost a decade including crowds of 50-60 thousand against interstate teams for H & A matches. GWS will have more funding, a higher population without any sporting loyalties thus far (remember, 2.2 million people out there, not an amazing amount of members), a bigger junior base and a bigger presence than League in SA. I think if we're going off tangible indicators there's nothing to say it wouldn't be at least as successful as the Rams.

What a load of crap, the sporting loyalties of Western Sydney lies with NRL clubs the Penrith Panthers, The Parramatta Eels, Wests Tigers and the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.

Also, a few years back the Swans got a crowd of 13,000 or something for a finals game.

The fact that on a night where 3 pre-season cup matches were played, the area could only produce a crowd number of 9,447. That is an average of only 3,149 per match.

Where as the crowd only 38km for a one off game that means nothing to anybody played by predominantly reserve grade players between the Wests Tigers and the Parramatta Eels pulled a crowd of 12,761.

That shows where the sporting loyalties lie in Western Sydney.

Also, a few years back the Swans got a crowd of 13,000 or something for a finals game.

The fact that on a night where 3 pre-season cup matches were played, the area could only produce a crowd number of 9,447. That is an average of only 3,149 per match.

If your going to quote "facts" the Swans final in 2008 got 19,000 in pouring rain, not the 13,000 you quoted. So if your going to quote a low figure, at least quote the correct one.

As for Saturday Night, the crowd was 9,447 in a Ground that held a MASSIVE 10,000 people and was Sold Out. I really can't believe they can't get more than that in there to challenge a NRL Trial match considering the size of the ground. But hey why let facts get in the way of the truth:rolleyes

That shows where the sporting loyalties lie in Western Sydney.

All it shows is your being selective in quoting of facts. 9,447 at a ground that holds 10,000 vs 12,761 at a ground that holds 18,000....talking about selective.

What a load of crap, the sporting loyalties of Western Sydney lies with NRL clubs the Penrith Panthers, The Parramatta Eels, Wests Tigers and the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
There's less than 50,000 league memberships for a population of 2.2 million. What about the other 2.15 million? All diehard league fans?

Never happened.

Where as the crowd only 38km for a one off game that means nothing to anybody played by predominantly reserve grade players between the Wests Tigers and the Parramatta Eels pulled a crowd of 12,761.

Haha, ahhh, there's a lot wrong with this. First up, BoP only has a capacity of 10,000 with only 9600 tickets publicly available due to the Grandstand being for AFL tickets.

Secondly, the three matches were 40 minutes each with two of the teams not even having played a football game yet. It seems strange that you'd divide the matches by three when the NRL counts double header matches as one crowd. Still, 3,149 for what is essentially still the Giants TAC cup team playing the Gold Coast ain't bad.

Still, I like how you're talking up the NAB cup as an important affair for AFL clubs and claiming two Sydney teams playing in a full length match having a bigger crowd in a bigger venue than a lightning carnival featuring two teams not in the AFL yet a victory.

GWS will get decent crowds. Its a big area but like the Swans, it'll depend on their on field form.

Anyways back to the topic(sort of), the bid for the 2nd Brisbane team looks to be gaining a lot of momentum

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...eil-sponsorships/story-e6frep5o-1226008951870

The Brisbane expansion bid, gunning for NRL entry as early as 2013, will hold a press conference at Suncorp Stadium to launch a cutting-edge website and unveil its first four official sponsors.
The bid team will announce four key deals with Bundaberg Rum, kitwear giant Canterbury, media outlet Austereo and gaming agency Centrebet.

The Courier-Mail can also reveal the bid team will unveil www.BattleForBrisbane.com.au a website enabling fans to offer suggestions and vote for the team's name and colours over the next six months.
Another six major sponsorship deals including a car maker, brewer, electrical giant and an insurance company are also being negotiated.

Forget Adelaide, Perth and even the Central Coast. A 2nd Brisbane team is a must

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back