Brisbane Bears club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's fix that, shall we? :)

AFL Centenary Celebrations - Brisbane Bears Theme Song [Swing Version] - Mike Brady

This makes more sense when you watch the entire performance. As 10Dulkar noted, the AFL's Centenary Ball included a medley of all club songs, each performed in a different musical style by either Mike Brady and The Music Men or club luminaries such as Rex Hunt, Jim Stynes, Tony Liberatore, Sam Newman and Lou Richards.

Brisbane actually got off lightly with this Swing version. Fremantle got stuck with Country & Western and Tigers fans have to endure the Richmond Rap. Fitzroy's theme song isn't too bad, a Parisian Can-Can in keeping with its French origins.

AFL Centenary Celebrations - All Club Theme Songs

Anyway, its kinda-sorta the Bears theme song. Download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/isxakr

Enjoy! :footy::):footy:

I tried to make this into the proper theme, I extracted the vocals and the music from the Casey Scorpions theme (same tune) (unfortunately didn't work too well)

Back after the off season and I'm impressed with the time and effort that people have put into bringing this song back from the dead, both by removing noise from the clip I found a few years ago and also trying to recreate it using other sources.
I'll continue my efforts on this song and a few others that I've been working on. Might even see if I can get my recreated Woodville Warriors song to sound better.

It’s a shame that the lyric used in todays club song came from this one and not dare to beat the bear as it’s more related to the Bears and the history.

Back after the off season and I'm impressed with the time and effort that people have put into bringing this song back from the dead, both by removing noise from the clip I found a few years ago and also trying to recreate it using other sources.
I'll continue my efforts on this song and a few others that I've been working on. Might even see if I can get my recreated Woodville Warriors song to sound better.
Absolutely amazing what an internet rabbit hole can take you down. Was watching the Peel game and at half time I looked on reddit to see if there was a WAFL sub and saw a post about WAFL club songs then I saw that OP has a post about the Bears song search. Never knew about the song that wasn't dare to beat the bear and its been very interesting what I've read so far. I don't know why the afl is so secretive of it if they are doing so as its apart of afl history.
If the singer(s) are well known then an AI model could be used "sing" the vocals.
More often than not it would've been John Caddy as he did all afl club songs. Could we try and contact him?

I may have mentioned this a while back but it seems like this thread's getting some interest as of late so I thought I'd share what I believe is currently the best lead we have to finding the song.

In 1993, a set of CDs were released with re-recordings of the club songs by singer John R. Williams, and they seem somewhat rare as only 3 of them have made it onto Discogs. This version of Richmond's song is one of the only few that have made it onto YouTube. The timeframe roughly matches up with when the 'Brisbane Bears Will Live Forever' song likely started being used, but from the few snippets we have of the Bears song playing after games I'm 50/50 as to whether it sounds like the same singer.

Whether or not this is in fact the song we're looking for, it seems like most of the songs from this set haven't resurfaced online and would nevertheless be quite interesting to hear for the first time!
Also, for what it's worth it seems JR Williams is still active online and may be worth contacting
do we know who was the original singer of the song?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did another check on YouTube to see if anything related to the song has come up and was disgusted when I found this:

The original clip that this came from is the one I found a few years ago and a few people have posted their restoration attempts to YT and gave me credit since I found the clip.
This person has taken one of the restored versions and reuploaded it without giving me or whoever they stole the restoration from any credit.

This person has taken one of the restored versions and reuploaded it without giving me or whoever they stole the restoration from any credit.

I just slapped the audio of the video you reuploaded into the first two AI audio separators that popped up on Google and got basically identical versions to that video with 1 click, I doubt it was stolen from anyone.

Peter Blucher was the creator of Brisbane Bears Will Live Forever.
I managed to find his email thanks to the Lions but he hasn't replied to me yet.

Hey! I wish I had that old song for you. I remember it from my time as a Bears fan in the 90s, and it’s such a catchy tune! I’d suggest checking out some old-school fan groups on Facebook or even reaching out to folks who might have been at the games back then. They might have some old tapes or photos with the team singing it.

Hey! I wish I had that old song for you. I remember it from my time as a Bears fan in the 90s, and it’s such a catchy tune! I’d suggest checking out some old-school fan groups on Facebook or even reaching out to folks who might have been at the games back then. They might have some old tapes or photos with the team singing it.
Peter Blucher could have a copy I've emailed him months ago but haven't gotten a reply yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Bears club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back