Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 85 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure our Comms department is on leave at the moment. Not sure if that is limiting our ability to make anmouncements etc.
Not possible they would all go on leave at once

I don't get this whole idea of succession plans for a head coach either. I'd like to think that if Fagan is coming in to coach he's committed to it long term - aka 10+ years. I strongly doubt he'd be coming to coach for 3 years then move back into the role he had at the hawks, why would he be looking to do that? Now whether he's actually here that long I want someone who's aim is to be here for the long haul, aka a clarkson. People in the AFL have gotten so focused on what happens with the next coaching move rather than concentrating on getting the current one right. Its absolutely baffling

As long as they can put their ego to one side (unlike Leppa) it shouldn't be an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll be earning shitloads,they'll make a point of it.

As a NFL fan there are numerous instances of GMs and coaches not getting along. Money means nothing when egos and philosophical differences are at play.

They're probably blood relations.
In all likelihood yes,

"Tasmania's population is more homogeneous than other states of Australia, with most of British descent.[63] Tasmania receives less immigration than other states. 65% of its residents are descendants of an estimated 10,000 "founding families" from the mid-19th century. "

In all likelihood yes,

"Tasmania's population is more homogeneous than other states of Australia, with most of British descent.[63] Tasmania receives less immigration than other states. 65% of its residents are descendants of an estimated 10,000 "founding families" from the mid-19th century. "

I can hear banjos playing.

As a NFL fan there are numerous instances of GMs and coaches not getting along. Money means nothing when egos and philosophical differences are at play.
I imagine they know each other and will agree to work together.This is the only starting point you can have really.You'd never hire anyone if you were worrying about fractions down the track.

In all likelihood yes,

I hear the Lions board are now looking to cancel the family membership ticket at games against the Hawks & North at Aurora Stadium & Blundstone Arena. Simply can't have a whole state coming in on the one ticket.

Last edited:
_.... .._.._ ..._. __.. ._._ ._..__.. _.._. .._.._. __.._. _.._. .... _._._ .._. ._._.. _.._.. ..._ .__.._.

Media release as expected.
Chucked it through a morse code translator I found on the internet and came up with 6#<VE>Z<AA>#/##/H<CT>F##V# ... it's definitely a cryptic message but I think its saying #6 (Josh Green) Very Expendable - Zorko All Australian, Hanley <Club Trade> For Victory

Ratten out according to Jay Clark.

HAWTHORN assistant coach Brett Ratten is out of the Brisbane coaching race after meeting Lions chiefs.

The Herald Sun can reveal that Ratten, who coached Carlton in 116 games and has spent the past four seasons at Waverley Park, had informal talks with Lions powerbrokers about the vacant coaching job.

While it was not a presentation, his coaching ambitions were discussed and it is understood both he and the Lions decided he would not pursue the position any further.

Ratten ($8) was third favourite with SportsBet to win the position while Chris Fagan ($1.30) remains the red-hot favourite ahead of John Barker ($6).

It’s believed Ratten’s family commitments in Melbourne were a large reason behind his decision.

Hawks footy boss Fagan remains the overwhelming favourite to replace Justin Leppitsch.

Highly-respected Adelaide footy boss David Noble is expected to become the Lions’ head of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Brisbane Lions 2017 Coach is Chris Fagan

Back