Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 85 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Montgomery, Caracalla or someone else, all I hope for is that we can add a high quality assistant who could potentially one day become a senior coach. We have lacked quality assistants for quite while it seems. I have no doubt that Noble and Fagan would be able to lure at least 1 if not 2 quality assistants up here:thumbsu:

Montgomery, Caracalla or someone else, all I hope for is that we can add a high quality assistant who could potentially one day become a senior coach. We have lacked quality assistants for quite while it seems. I have no doubt that Noble and Fagan would be able to lure at least 1 if not 2 quality assistants up here:thumbsu:
Yeah, we need 2 potential coaches in waiting...Clarkson had 3.Under Leppa we had none !

I want Fagan as much as anyone else but it makes me feel a bit strange... I hope we genuinely listen to what Barker and Fagan has to put forward and select the best option that they feel will take this club forward.

I think he (Noble) currently has a view. But I also came away thinking that he's a very evidence based person... I have a feeling if after doing his own assessment of our position and then listening to presentations that he came to the conclusion Barker - or someone else for that matter - was better, he'd go with that option instead.

There's a very narrow field of applicants/choices of coach. Most on the panel would have a reasonable idea of what sort they want; young fresher v experienced tactician. Educator v trainer. People manager v assistant looking to advance etc. Not all, and not either Barker or Fagan are the same type, so it's likely one fits the job description a lot better than the other.
I don't see bypassing "the process" as a bad thing if management/administration have a pre-conceived idea of what they want. Different story if 2 applicants shared similar qualities, as you'd want both to present their case. But when you have only a couple of serious contenders and they are quite different in background and experience, it becomes easier to choose, and a bit farcical to put them both through a charade just to look like you're exploring literally all possibilities. If they want an older, manager come educator, then it kinda rules Barker out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble making it implicitly obvious on both SEN and 5AA that the coach will be Fagan.

You're reading too much into his continual references to "***-ends".

Yeah there was a bit of a quarter twist with a half pike, but at the end of the day he had trouble finding a way to leave the door open for anyone else.

So you're saying we're poaching Don Pyke too???

I suspect that our coach already knows he is our coach but everyone will politely play games for a little while yet and go through the motions.

I also think that our not-yet-official coach has already started looking at our list and considering some strategic moves pre-trade period. I would if I was him.

I suspect that our coach already knows he is our coach but everyone will politely play games for a little while yet and go through the motions.

I also think that our not-yet-official coach has already started looking at our list and considering some strategic moves pre-trade period. I would if I was him.

Noble only signed on the condition that Fagan would be signed as coach, and vice Versa. They've had a number of meetings together already, dating back to the last round or two of the season. Even before the finals.

Fagan had meetings with the BL marketing manager 3 weeks ago to nut out how all this'll take place.

The reality is, it's the best outcome for everyone concerned. It was always a matter of getting timing right with teams in finals, and not looking like they've rushed into it. Fact is though, they haven't rushed into it, it started 6-8 weeks ago.

Swann on SEN this morning talkng about Noble, coach and Hanley and Rockliffe

EDIT - Apologies... just saw this was posted else where... the tidy up of the media thread hurts my head :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Brisbane Lions 2017 Coach is Chris Fagan

Back