News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

So I was wrong. Option 1 won... :(

But no I was not joking. How is a guernsey that never existed in those colours and never had the FFC monogram authentic in the slightest???

Option 3 is basically the same as the one worn from that era. You clearly don't know what the options were.

Wow. I have never seen someone who has the gaul to say Mero is wrong. :thumbsdown:

So, to clarify what you are saying is this jumper
heritage_option_a.jpg

is closer to anything Fitzroy wore in their history than the other two options.
heritage_option_b.jpg

heritage_option_c.jpg

Or are we talking about different jumpers?

If this is as I understand you to be saying, is the case, then you are misled and incorrect.
If you believe the third option (on this post) is actually a Fitzroy jumper and that the options have been flipped since we first started debating this, then we have uncovered the reason for the misunderstanding and we agree.
When the 'poll' was first started on the Lions website they were in the reverse order from how they appear here.

PS Gibbsy:- it's spelt 'gall'

It seems bizarre to say the least that they should use the wrong colours. Looking at Mero's inset, change the blue to gold (club colour) and you don't get a bang on replica but at least it's close.

Given they're playing the Dogs at their home, which means they'll be in blue, it would even work as a decent clash option.

Yes, you'd probably have to ditch the monogram, but that's the price you pay. If you're really dead-set on having it but you want to sell a new design, you can always take a risk and design a brand new jumper from scratch. If you don't pretend it's traditional, you can even say you're making an earnest effort to bring Fitzroy into the modern era (I'm not suggesting people would fall for it, but it's always there as an option).

It's always frustrating when clubs try to have their cake and eat it too. Inventing history to sell more jumpers is disgraceful.

527386-jonathan-brown.jpg

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...ying-commitments/story-e6frg1xu-1226403532550
Brisbane players will wear a Fitzroy-flavoured Hall of Fame guernsey in Saturday's clash with the Western Bulldogs.
Skipper Jonathan Brown said the guernsey would "stir a few emotions up among the old Fitzroy crowd".
"The old Fitzroy jumper obviously means a lot to me ... my old man Brian wore it back in the 70s and 80s," Brown said.
"One of my most prized memorabilia items is a piece I got framed up which has one of my dad's old Fitzroy jumpers alongside the one the Lions wore as a one-off back in 2009."
Brown said wearing the jumper would give the younger Lions players an important understanding of the roots of the club.
"Occasions like this can really help educate them," Brown said.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...ying-commitments/story-e6frg1xu-1226403532550

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was not a fan of the jumper. Mainly because it's not a true heritage jumper- it's just a botched combination of many different Fitzroy jumpers. Plus, it didn't look that great either, the all maroon back did not work imo and looked even worse with white shorts. And I thought it caused a minor clash with Footscray's jumper. That being said, it looked a thousand times better than the jumpers they wear every other week.

Was not a fan of the jumper. Mainly because it's not a true heritage jumper- it's just a botched combination of many different Fitzroy jumpers. Plus, it didn't look that great either, the all maroon back did not work imo and looked even worse with white shorts. And I thought it caused a minor clash with Footscray's jumper. That being said, it looked a thousand times better than the jumpers they wear every other week.

I don't see the big problem with mashing two jumpers together, it recognizes Fitzroy heritage, it looks great (You all just seem to be picky) and who cares if it's not an exact remake? If the Roys fans are happy, and from the looks of the thread posted above, they are, then I think YOU can accept it. The jumper looks great, what more do you want?

I don't see the big problem with mashing two jumpers together, it recognizes Fitzroy heritage, it looks great (You all just seem to be picky) and who cares if it's not an exact remake? If the Roys fans are happy, and from the looks of the thread posted above, they are, then I think YOU can accept it. The jumper looks great, what more do you want?

Sorry mate, just my opinion. Each to their own.

I would hate it if Hawthorn lumped together multiple elements from previous jumpers and called it an actual heritage jumper. Plus as I said, I don't think it looked that great

Loved seeing the FFC on the jumper, but to me the jumper didn't really stand out against the Bulldogs. I'd say it would have against Collingwood or Hawthorn.
I feel the version Fitzroy used in the throwback round in 1996 -and similar to the one that yesterdays claimed it was modelled on - would have been more effective yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brisbane lions / Fitzroy Heritage jumper round 12 vs western bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back