Preview Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons - Friday, 28 June 2024, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I for one say I’m very disappointed in whoever it was that invited this goose to come and make shit uninformed moronic comments about our team and players on our board. I try and avoid the absolute verbal diarrhoea he spits out all the time on other boards and now have to read it on here. Can whoever invited their friend nobody likes to the party tell him to leave because no body else want him here.
original_d917bcf60f8a4ea4c00d9b5a94772d70.gif

Elixuh

Your preview was extremely Brisbane centric and showed far too much smugness for a team that is currently 10th. I had a look at who Brisbane have beaten and it's been Port, Stkilda, Dogs. Pretty average teams. Sure, the bulldogs are okay but even the dees handled them. Then previously lost to the Hawks. Both teams are as irrelevant in season 2024.

Will Ashcroft will be hopefully making his long awaited return and it will be interesting to see how long into the game it takes for him to earn one of his patented ducking frees that he typically does. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the biggest duckers in the game and to be one so early in his career is Jack Ginnivan levels.

Comparing Logan Morris, a 7 game first year player who couldn't crack into a team that was 13th to a guy like Fritsch who was kicking 6 in granny's, making AA squads and kicking 50 goals a season for fun is extremely disrespectful. And delusional. Morris has had a good start to his career. As did Marco Paparone.

You label Logan Morris as 'an absolute gun'. That sort of language is embarrassing. He is a Jacob Van Rooyen but shorter and much less physical presence.

The dees fans are fully aware of the grubbery of the lions team. Zorko with his tantrums with Touk Miller as well as mocking of Petty. Then throw in Clayton Oliver pinning Jarrod Berry down like a little child before Berry starts eye gouging him. Then throw in Noah Answerth carrying on like he's actually a good AFL player. like dude, you haven't earned the right to trash talk. You're a scrub.

Now onto the dees. We're definitely a mess. No Petracca, Oliver's fall from grace well documented, No Brayshaw, hell even losing Jackson has had long lasting effects. Throw in the loss of Mac Andrew who should be a demon is a justifiable gripe that dees fans have with the AFL. Losing Joel Smith to the drug scandal has all hurt us. He wasn't a world beater but he kicked the most goals for us in the finals last season. It's his own wrong doing though.

This is a battle of a club most gifted by the afl with father-sons versus a team arguably the most disadvantaged by the father/son and academy rules.

Brisbane are clearly still thinking that they're relevant this season. Sitting in 10th and humming along because they beat some out of form teams. The dees on the other hand are blooding the kids, with one eye on next season.

The dees battle will be in stopping the Brisbane tall forwards as well as dangerous smalls. May will probably blanket whoever he is on, but if Oliver is slacking off yet again then the midfield entries inside 50 may simply be too easy. McVee will blanket one of the Brisbane smalls. Neal-Bullen could go to Lachie Neale, but even when Neale gets tagged he floats to the half backline and gets cheapies to inflate his stats. I'm not worried about Lachie Neale.

I do predict this to be a landslide victory for Brisbane but this will be more a reflection of the dees than the lions. The dees are lost at sea. When WCE beat the dees, the WCE fans were strangely up and about. Despite warning them that the story is more about the dees being bad, they chose not to listen and they lost to Adelaide by 100 the following week. The Lions forwards should all get their lick of the ice-cream and I expect the margin to be 50+.

I expect the umpires to get sucked into Ashcroft ducking which along with the noise of affirmation will cost the dees a couple of goals.

The dees will be putting their match preparation into Neale, C.Cameron, Zac Bailey and Daniher/Hipwood with the latter often playing out of his skin against us. Rayner won't even be mentioned, and either will Logan Morris. Guess who Logan Morris played on last week, debutant Ari Schoenmaker. Just about says it all.
I also loved the Paps reference, but I still dont think he is one of the best handballers in the comp no matter what you and that 10 year old thread say.

Aaron Cornelius
Marco Paparone
Patrick Karnezis

Ahh the good old days. Disappointed Bryce Retzlaff hasn’t been mentioned yet. I thought he had a chance to make it!

Yeah what was that about? Has Wash ever been a ducker? Quite random to mention that given that he only played 18 games and hasn't been in the team for almost a year. Our friend Danster has quite the memory when it comes to Lions players.
I expect plenty more ducking from Ashcroft and plenty more biased one sided umpiring from umps getting sucked in by noise affirmation. I'll be on duck hunting watch tomorrow night.
View attachment Screen_Recording_20240627_093910_YouTube.mp4

Specifically which points can you possibly disagree with?

You can disagree but they're not uninformed. I reckon I had most bris fans googling Aaron Cornelius. Except for Elixuh.
Literally everything you say- everything- nobody cares, go back to being disliked on your board. Your not amusing, informative or funny you’re just a moron.

Can I for one say I’m very disappointed in whoever it was that invited this goose to come and make shit uninformed moronic comments about our team and players on our board. I try and avoid the absolute verbal diarrhoea he spits out all the time on other boards and now have to read it on here. Can whoever invited their friend nobody likes to the party tell him to leave because no body else want him here.

Since when has jonnobackpocket become so sensitive,homourless and intolerant of guests to our abode? All welcome. The more diversity of opinions the better. danster168 sounds a type of bloke I'd love to share an antipasto and cheese-platter with a glass of fine Chardonnay while planning our Mt Hotham skying hols.

Literally everything you say- everything- nobody cares, go back to being disliked on your board. Your not amusing, informative or funny you’re just a moron.
I'm very informative. Did you not just see the goal kicking stats I provided. I'm guessing you didn't know those stats beforehand so indeed I've provided more information than you. You've just provided personal insults.

danster168 Just to add a couple other forwards who I thought looked good but just never quite made it that you can compare to Morris: Jordan Lisle, Matt Hammelmann, Jonathan Freeman, Michael Close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very informative. Did you not just see the goal kicking stats I provided. I'm guessing you didn't know those stats beforehand so indeed I've provided more information than you. You've just provided personal insults.
I’m all for people having having different opinions, I have butted heads many times with other poster on this board, I’m not all for going to another teams board and just taking pot shots at their club and players. Get the hint.

I expect plenty more ducking from Ashcroft and plenty more biased one sided umpiring from umps getting sucked in by noise affirmation. I'll be on duck hunting watch tomorrow night.
View attachment 2031318
He went high twice, should have got 2 free kicks for that.

Round 18 against the Eagles is available for anyone willing to step up (or down) to the challenge!
Ok if it's a competition for the worst preview ever, I reckon I'll have this trophy in the bag come rd 18. Lock it in.

I’m all for people having having different opinions, I have butted heads many times with other poster on this board, I’m not all for going to another teams board and just taking pot shots at their club and players. Get the hint.
Tending to agree. It was funny for one page. OK for a second, but now is becoming boring. I can feel a migraine coming on. I’m ok with putting up with our own idiots, but losing patience with this guy.

“It was just a little harmless joke, a trifle over done”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back