Women's Footy Brisbane Lions Women's Team - Official Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol we've been cheering the girls on here from the start. Where the **** were you?
Just because I haven't been posting on this forum doesn't mean i haven't been cheering on the girls i've been to every home game and ill be at the grand final cheering them on no matter where it's played at

Good catch. Interesting that the independent inspector was on Friday, but the final inspection was this morning.

True but if they said everything will be fine it would be pretty good ammunition for the club, the AFL and the government to get their way.

They may have stepped in but they just watched it happen.

I'm sure they would have put some pressure on. They look pretty stupid at the moment after those comments.

The Gabba and Lions relationship has bean untenable for 10 years, really coming to a head. Cricket has not wanted the Lions on the ground since the stand was finished the whole way around. Just needed the Lions as a Pawn to justify government funding.

Who would have thought Adele would be the straw to break the camels back.

What I can't believe is was was even before the popularity of Big Bash, where they would have probably been losing money without the Lions.

The Adell concert was probably all vacated from the Gabba what 3 days after the Sunday concert which gives us 2 weeks come Wednesday.
They could of had 2 and a half weeks of growth by this weekend coming up.
It looks like they are trying to grow turf by seed to this damaged area .
What are those pieces of turf sitting on top , amateur hour at its best, that is a laugh.
No one to blame but the cricket here, they are trying to repair it in order for cricket which is what 8 months time.
There has been plenty of time to get the ground ready for AFL .

I can't help but wonder if this was a groundskeeper protest to try and get out of having to deal with post concert repairs in the future. It seems completely laughable that this is still a problem now, vs like I posted earlier, Etihad is still pulling the stage down from the same concert that was hosted last night and they're confident it'll be good for next Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but if they said everything will be fine it would be pretty good ammunition for the club, the AFL and the government to get their way.

I'm sure they would have put some pressure on. They look pretty stupid at the moment after those comments.
Just another one to add to the list of the government looking silly.

I can't help but wonder if this was a groundskeeper protest to try and get out of having to deal with post concert repairs in the future. It seems completely laughable that this is still a problem now, vs like I posted earlier, Etihad is still pulling the stage down from the same concert that was hosted last night and they're confident it'll be good for next Saturday.
And qld has far better grass growing conditions.

Does a wholly owned stadium for 25k at springfield have more appeal than having the gabba under the current arrangement?
up it to 30k (roughly the average crowd 01-04?) with ability to expand further and i'd be for it.

my wife and i have to down size eventually, i'll start looking into retirement living options around the springfield area now. might not be bulimba, new farm or west end but with the lions there i could be swayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy Brisbane Lions Women's Team - Official Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back