brisbane looking at cousins and davis

Remove this Banner Ad

That'd be a mistake Brisbane taking Davis. He's well and truly past it, and has no loyalty at all. Plays for himself, and appears he couldn't give a stuff about his team mates.

Yeah, of course you'd know that. Pfft.

Davis has been screwed over by Sydney and has a lot to offer. As for being past it, the games he played this year we're we'll and truly above par for a fourth string forward.

Lions set to pounce and take Cousins

St.Kilda are keen on Ben Cousins but have refused to enter a bidding war for the former eagles captain, but the lions are keen on Cousins and according to Archie Fraser the Lions have the upper hand with earlier picks.

Source: Fox Sports News

talent like dick navis's dont just fly out the window.

Re: Lions set to pounce and take Cousins

If they're silly enought to take him without having done the study that the saints have done into him regarding support, further rehab and so forth then they're welcome to do so.
Personally, I would hope for the Lions and their fans that they know what they are doing. In that they're not going in with blinkers on to his problems. To put that into perspective: Even despite the research the Saints have done I'm still in two minds regarding the bloke.

If they're silly enought to take him without having done the study that the saints have done into him regarding support, further rehab and so forth then they're welcome to do so.
Personally, I would hope for the Lions and their fans that they know what they are doing. In that they're not going in with blinkers on to his problems. To put that into perspective: Even despite the research the Saints have done I'm still in two minds regarding the bloke.

Getting a bit protective? I reckon you want him and you want him as cheaply as possible.

Anyway, I thought your post was a little defensive and a bit back handed towards the Lions. I really don't think the Saints know anything about Cousins that the Lions or any other team in the league don't know.

Getting a bit protective? I reckon you want him and you want him as cheaply as possible.

Anyway, I thought your post was a little defensive and a bit back handed towards the Lions. I really don't think the Saints know anything about Cousins that the Lions or any other team in the league don't know.

In regards of the media reports: the saints appear to have undertaken an exhaustive study, met with ben with the leadership group and then finally met with him with the senior management a little while ago.
All i am suggesting is that the saints have prepared strongly for Cousins' return and the media reports have not suggested that the Lions have done so - they may have in private however, I will concede that.
Whichever club he goes to I hope that they know what they are in for. To be frank if the Lions really, really want him they can have him.
As I stated in the post I am still in two minds whether missing out on Cousins is still a bad thing. If an experienced coach like Mick malthouse doesn't want to take him on then there is something awry about the whole matter.

Pretty nonsensical article really - how could there be a bidding war in a draft scenario? If Brisbane want him, they'll get him because they have the draft pick. If not, then StKilda may choose him. Bidding has little to do with it.

In the National Draft....yes - in the Pre Season Draft....no.

. . and according to Archie Fraser the Lions have the upper hand with earlier picks.
Did Fox Sports really need a source for that bit of information?

I think I'll go back to ignoring AFL news until there's actually news to report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the National Draft....yes - in the Pre Season Draft....no.

In the ND there may be a bit of guesswork as to what round to take him in, but its still not bidding. Brisbane has a pick ahead of StKilda in every round.

Obviously the Lions would prefer he not go in the ND, because there are 14 other clubs (excluding WC) who might pull a rabbit out of a hat. But its not a bidding war. Its more like Texas Hold'em.

Draft order aside,if a player has expressed a preference to go to a particular club, why would any club want other than the preferred club club draft him?

who would want a player that

a) Has a BIG question mark next to his name
b) Didnt want to be there.

If Saint Kilda want him, and he wants Saint Kilda, well he has my blessing.

Draft order aside,if a player has expressed a preference to go to a particular club, why would any club want other than the preferred club club draft him?

who would want a player that

a) Has a BIG question mark next to his name
b) Didnt want to be there.

If Saint Kilda want him, and he wants Saint Kilda, well he has my blessing.

He wants to play and he's unsure who wants him, if anybody. He's in no position to choose because he'll run the risk of being passed over by every club.

If an experienced coach like Mick malthouse doesn't want to take him on then there is something awry about the whole matter.
we don't know that for sure. we know that collingwood as a football club will not be taking him - doesnt mean it was unanimous. I think you'll find its almost certain that there are some in high positions at the club that want him..

Would collingwood reconsider taking cousins if the AFL cleared him to play?
In other words pulled a swifty when the psd happened,especially if brisabne passed on him,which is likely becuse brisbane have expressed strong interest in Nick Davis,who they will pick up in the psd draft.
In fact Davis is now training with the lions and his manger has told the media circus its a done deal,so the Cousins thing could be a smoke screen.

we don't know that for sure. we know that collingwood as a football club will not be taking him - doesnt mean it was unanimous. I think you'll find its almost certain that there are some in high positions at the club that want him..

I think that could be the case with alot of clubs, a few would be saying yes, but the majority saying no way.

I'm not pretending to know how the club works but if the Club itself then, or more to your point certain sections of the club, does not want him and stated so much quite early on then there must have been some form of good reasoning behind it.
...or it was a bluff, the magpies do want him and will pounce before other clubs and sign him up.
Either/or it will be a momentous decision for whatever club DOES take him as it is not like he is returning from a year off after a knee injury.

The thing is this.Out of all the clubs,collingwood has been the club closely linked to Cousins and collingwood has done all the homework on him.
It was not until collingwood made it public that they were not going to pursue him that clubs like Stklida and now Brisbane have shown interest.

Personally i believe it is out of Stkilda and collingwood.
Because Brisbane will pick up Nick davis.
I am wondering what collingwood found out when the private D reported in his findings that may have shyed collingwood away,OR has it?
The media circus tells us that gary pert has sent out letters to all the members saying that collingwood is not interested,or is this a smoke screen to see if the AFL do pass him drug free,and he is allowed to play,that collingwood may make their surprising move.we do have the pick before the saints .
We have delisted an extra first year player (thoolen),similar to Stkilda to make way for SOMEONE?
Collingwood was always the box seat for Cousins because of hIs association with MALTHOUSE,and silently collingwood was his first choice.
Although Buckley's scathing article saying don not recruit him could have held sway with the slipt hireachy.
Believe me MALTHOUSE wants Cousins its only a few board members that are worried,not the coaching panel,and i personally believe that with Buckley poised to take over the reins in say 2 years,and his opinion on not recruiting him could have caused the board and media hype to announce to everyone that Cousins is off Collingwood's radar. OR IS HE ?
WE will find out in 2-3 weeks folks.

Remove this Banner Ad

brisbane looking at cousins and davis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back