Confirmed Pick swap: Brisbane trade #20 to Richmond for #32, #42, #43 & #45

Remove this Banner Ad

For this to happen now I think Richmond need this pick for other deals
Possible.

Other alternative is we know we won't take those deeper picks in this draft as we're confident to get some earlier picks and probably only end up taking 5 or 6 kids rather than 7 or 8.

We'll find out in the next few days.

Possible.

Other alternative is we know we won't take those deeper picks in this draft as we're confident to get some earlier picks and probably only end up taking 5 or 6 kids rather than 7 or 8.

We'll find out in the next few days.
Yeah but you can trade picks right upto the draft it's one that could have waited till then if they wanted too. Wait and see I guess.

Yeah but you can trade picks right upto the draft it's one that could have waited till then if they wanted too. Wait and see I guess.
Yeh who knows, hopefully there's some movement today and it doesn't drag til Monday, maybe this deal opens some others

Incredibly smart to do this first for Brisbane, they can now gain points from pick swaps for Sharp/Robertson instead of extra picks that they don’t have list spots for.

Instead of Sharp to Melbourne for 40 (429 points) they can do:

Out: Sharp, 32, 45, 73
In: 28, 40, 49 (453 points surplus to BL)

That trade is equivalent to Sharp for 39

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically suggestions they can trade for almost even points with a wink wink not to bid, or just a minor points deficit. Living in lalaland not realising the actual points cost of these moves
Not me, knew these picks were junk. However, did we have to give them all the ones with some value? Surely we could have saved one to try and bundle up with something else.

Basically suggestions they can trade for almost even points with a wink wink not to bid, or just a minor points deficit. Living in lalaland not realising the actual points cost of these moves

Saw a few wanting our future first included too, but not many.

At the end of the day while Richmond were always the likely and best trading partner, if the tiges pushed too much other teams would trade points, and tiges could have been left with a bunch of picks they couldn't use.

Not me, knew these picks were junk. However, did we have to give them all the ones with some value? Surely we could have saved one to try and bundle up with something else.
It is a lot tbf, like these normally have a 30%-50% point loading and this is very close to the max. I think it highlights the value of top 20 picks this year

Lovely doing business with you Richmond. Thank you for all the picks. And when I say all the picks you really did give us all the picks.

Love a good point scramble!

There is something else brewing for this deal to happen.

Giving away 792pts when you aren't trying to get points for a father-son or academy kid involving a 20% discount (which is next year is 10%) doesn't make any sense as a single deal.

1728613226997.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Pick swap: Brisbane trade #20 to Richmond for #32, #42, #43 & #45

Remove this Banner Ad

Back