Brisbane V Geelong Post Match Review Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, but you have to concede it is becoming a worry finding a suitable match up for Harley. I just can't see, unless our midfield is absolutely dominating, how we can play both Harley and Milburn down back at the same time. I just hope that Harley, with another month of football, will gain a bit more composure than he has shown in the last fortnight and not go to ground as often as well.

No I don't concede that. He has played on mids and smalls for about 3 years now and done a great job of it. Why the concern now?

He will get better from here, not worse, with additional match fitness and the other players returning to the backline.

No I don't concede that. He has played on mids and smalls for about 3 years now and done a great job of it. Why the concern now?

He will get better from here, not worse, with additional match fitness and the other players returning to the backline.

I reckon he has been terrific in that role up until this year as well. But father time catches up to us all at some stage which is my concern. That and the fact that he effectively missed the pre-season, which does not normally bode well for a 31 year old hoping to have an impact in a team playing deep in September. I just hope you are right and that he will get better in the second half of the season and his body can hold up to see us win another flag.

I reckon he has been terrific in that role up until this year as well. But father time catches up to us all at some stage which is my concern. That and the fact that he effectively missed the pre-season, which does not normally bode well for a 31 year old hoping to have an impact in a team playing deep in September. I just hope you are right and that he will get better in the second half of the season and his body can hold up to see us win another flag.

His first game back from the hamstring he was very good - 20 possessions, 10 marks.

He was quieter against St Kilda but still kept his opponents quiet and then under siege against Brisbane in circumstances that won't be repeated again (we all hope!).

I'm not worried.

His first game back from the hamstring he was very good - 20 possessions, 10 marks.

He was quieter against St Kilda but still kept his opponents quiet and then under siege against Brisbane in circumstances that won't be repeated again (we all hope!).

I'm not worried.

Matthew Lloyd on OWAAT mentioned that the first game back after a long time out of the game is played purely on adrenaline, so the performance is better than expected. But the weeks after form declines until you get your touch and match fitness back.

Yes, I heard that. He was speaking about being out for 8 weeks or longer though. Harley had only been out for 2. Before that he had played about 5 in a row so he would have had at least some level of match fitness.

Harley seems to be getting to balls at ground level and just diving forward . Im not sure what he is trying to achieve. The umps aint paying him any frees so if it is a ploy its not working. In addition his, decisionmaking including his positioning for the contest (with his opponent and as second man in) which was a feature of his play, seems to have deserted him. I don't know whether it is a confidence thing, or just underdone, but it has cost us a few turnovers since his return.
No doubt he has been a loyal trooper but I reckon if he wasnt el capitan he might be due a stint in the magoos............

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane V Geelong Post Match Review Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back