Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I have nagging and worrying feeling that Bowes will be the sub today and Mullin into the 22.
That's an interesting thought on Bowes.
I think he works into games and runs out of puff late.

So I'd do the reverse of what you suggest. He's not an impact player.
I had actually looked up his odds of getting it 16 times. I think he will.

For someone who doesnt get nervous on prelim day I'm pretty useless here.
i.e. I wasn't worried at all in the 2013 prelim at 3/4 time. A loss wasn't even in my thoughts :)

I'm actually concerned about Ashcroft, Daniher, and Cameron.

But I'm actually worried about Sydney.
I called it 6 weeks ago 'they're back!'

Can someone take heeney hostage? Just for Saturday is fine. I dont want you spending too much on food and water.

Oh crap. If 10 players have had colds that's game over. I think people are way underplaying how much this can impact their performance. You can feel fine but as soon as you run you find yourself gasping for air.

Gasping for air is fine. Young men playing with viral infections can be seriously dangerous. hope they are OK.

On the 1:30pm train from South Geelong (it originated somewhere before that) and it was standing room only from SG

This train is packed - predominantly Geelong colours, but a few Lions scarves on show also

Good to see folk wanting to get up to the ground early

If we're sticking with what we've done all year though the sub will come from the I/C.

Highly, highly doubt it's Bruhn, Close, or Humphries, so that leaves Duncan & Oisin.
Would be shocked if not Mullin.

He seems to be that player who can come on early if there is an early disaster but otherwise held back to add zip in quarter 4 if we need it.

Perfect scenario for me is that he comes on half way through Q4 to give someone a rest for next week!

Hope it's true. But it would also be a tightly held secret if a whole group had a cold like in the 2021 preliminary where we got annihilated. Even if it's just Holmes and he is off his game then that makes this a lot more challenging. He ain't only becoming a gun but is critical to our structure. If it's more then just Holmes then ...... ahhhhh.

Off to think happy thoughts.

Stay positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying a repeat is on the cards at all (lid is ON) but here's a look back at one of our previous games against Brissie for those of us who sit engines idling waiting for the game to start

Footy history does not repeat. It follows a pattern.
High percentage of winners reverse previous encounter

This year is shaping up as eerie reversal of 2022
Swans had Easy Qualifier v Dees: Tough Prelim v Pies
Cats had Tough Qualifier v Pies : Easy Prelim v Lions
Grand Final : Swans were spent : Cats were fresh
Week off makes big difference eg: Power were spent
Lions also had a very hard game v Giants last week
Most likely Lions will be flat, injured and travel away.
Cats need to finish Lions early and coast home

Reasonably confident Cats fresh and Hungry tonight
Holmes is a concern, but Stewart back is a big plus.
Danger is the Cats Trump card : Unstoppable
There may be a late change SDK : Duncan as Sub

Cats by 30+ points .... No injuries please

afl Danger beast.jpg

Wasn’t nervous a couple days ago. Hopefully Max plays if so I think my nerves will settle again, that’s all that’s brought them on tbh. Still think we can win easily if we bring our A game like two weeks ago and play 4 quarters. Go Cats, we’ve got this!!!
Quoting this as I was about to write the exact same thing.
Add in the King episode yesterday.

2 Reasons why i think Geel will win easily , the 84 pt demolition of Port Ade , and it was top notch A class football , and 2ndly Bris were diabolical for 2.5 qtrs last week against GWS , that aint flash frightening form at all

As for nerves ive got none whatsoever , and that isnt because im supremely confident Geel will win . Instead this year is a weird year a Claytons year ( but i will still take the flag this year ) . Its not like Geel have won 17-18 or 19 games , and had an outstanding year etc , and thus they are putting up the sheep station today and everything is riding on todays result then i would be extremely nervous

But that isnt the case - the comp accross the board is that weak , Geel and Bris , any of a dozen clubs could be in their position right now , i look at this season not as a free hit like a few others have said , but it is close to that , ive got a totally different feeling this year compared to any other year that Geel have been in the finals simply because the top 12 -13 sides , every single one of them have looked like rabbles at some point , then they look ok and then look quite good , but you are not really convinced with any of them

For someone who doesnt get nervous on prelim day I'm pretty useless here.
i.e. I wasn't worried at all in the 2013 prelim at 3/4 time. A loss wasn't even in my thoughts :)

I'm actually concerned about Ashcroft, Daniher, and Cameron.

But I'm actually worried about Sydney.
I called it 6 weeks ago 'they're back!'

Can someone take heeney hostage? Just for Saturday is fine. I dont want you spending too much on food and water.
My concern is that with Neale on one leg they'll be forced to use other avenues and we can't effectively predict what they'll look like and they get the jump on us as we tag Neale for zero effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back