Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 27, 2004
central vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
west ham
They are kidding, aren't they?

A slow and ageing midfield which is carried by a 21 year old ruckman. Who have they got? Black, great player, he can't keep going on like this surely? Power, just a good average player who is getting on. Rischitelli, a guy the coach doesn't even rate, Proud, a top 10 draft pick? ROFLMAO :D . Who else do they have? Johnstone? Jack Grimes says hi :thumbsu: .

Don't get me started on a backline that has ONE player who can actually shut down a forward (Merrett). Can't believe Voss has thrown all his eggs into one basket, that salary cap will be awfully full for a few years now. Hope Rich has strong shoulders because he'll be carrying this team for a long time.

Fev and Browny will find it hard with -40 inside 50s a game. We'll catch you on our way up in 2011 Brions.

It's not like your saying anything outlandish d_m.

A club led by the likes of Staker, Raines, X Clarke, Buchanan, Fevola (club cancer), Johnstone etc.

I doubt they will make the top 15.

A slow and ageing midfield which is carried by a 21 year old ruckman. Who have they got? Black, great player, he can't keep going on like this surely? Power, just a good average player who is getting on. Rischitelli, a guy the coach doesn't even rate, Proud, a top 10 draft pick? ROFLMAO :D . Who else do they have? Johnstone? Jack Grimes says hi :thumbsu: .

When was Proud a top ten draft pick. We took him at no 22.

The whole Melbourne/Brisbane trolling is really getting boring, there already is enough threads on these types of things. Surely you could have just added to one of them.

I hope that Melbourne picks itself off the ground as a club but supporters like you make me hope that you get your third wooden spoon. A lot of your supporters say that you're going to recruit all these stars on top of the ones you claim to already have. From what the supporters of your team say the Demons are a team of guns/stars/champions. The rebuild worked for Hawthorn but who else has won a premiership from a complete rebuild in the last 10-15 years? I think some of your talented younger players will probably be sick of being part of a team that tanked and get offered more $ from the two new teams coming in and you will spend ten more years sitting in the bottom 8 and be known as the team that tanked instead of Carlton and be worse than Richmond this decade.

When was Proud a top ten draft pick. We took him at no 22.

The whole Melbourne/Brisbane trolling is really getting boring, there already is enough threads on these types of things. Surely you could have just added to one of them.

I hope that Melbourne picks itself off the ground as a club but supporters like you make me hope that you get your third wooden spoon. A lot of your supporters say that you're going to recruit all these stars on top of the ones you claim to already have. From what the supporters of your team say the Demons are a team of guns/stars/champions. The rebuild worked for Hawthorn but who else has won a premiership from a complete rebuild in the last 10-15 years? I think some of your talented younger players will probably be sick of being part of a team that tanked and get offered more $ from the two new teams coming in and you will spend ten more years sitting in the bottom 8 and be known as the team that tanked instead of Carlton and be worse than Richmond this decade.

Agreed

Yes, Rich will need stronger shoulders than Juddy. :)

His short arms may in fact be an advantage after all.

Unless you are planning on flogging Lachie Henderson to death next year, you best get used to the idea of Yarran crumbing at the feet of Cloke.

:eek:

Unless you are planning on flogging Lachie Henderson to death next year, you best get used to the idea of Yarran crumbing at the feet of Cloke.

:eek:

Ah, it's been a big day for you little one.

I know things didn't work out as you had hoped, but keep your chin up. ;)

Thanks for Hendo and pick 12. :thumbsu:

Enjoy the freak show that is Brendan Fevola. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy, put Bradshaw at CHB and you've got the best spine in the league.

Merret
Bradshaw
Black
Brown
Fevola

Couple of other handy defenders to go CHB should Bradshaw not be there, too, Patfull, Clarke (relief ruck to Leuenberger next year).

This side is beginning to look pretty dominant.

They are kidding, aren't they?

Don't get me started on a backline that has ONE player who can actually shut down a forward (Merrett). Can't believe Voss has thrown all his eggs into one basket, that salary cap will be awfully full for a few years now. Hope Rich has strong shoulders because he'll be carrying this team for a long time.

Fev and Browny will find it hard with -40 inside 50s a game. We'll catch you on our way up in 2011 Brions.

With fevola and Brown in the same forward line i think they only need 40 inside 50's to win a game.

Brisbane play an a attacking style so that would suite fevola and brown and with good ball users like rich, black, drummond and power ( not flashy like the others but can still find a target) .

I think Brisbane will make top 4 just.

Proud wasn't a top ten pick. Also, Brisbane has one infinitely more premierships this millenium than Melbourne has in more than 40 years. :eek:

Way too early to call whether this trade period was successful or not for the Lions.

I'm secretly hoping that Brisbane win a premiership or three with this group they have now just to show that getting a whole battery of high draft picks do not always equal premiership glory.

What I love is how some are saying that by drafting Fev, Vossy's pushing for a flag while Brown, Black and Power are still there.

Well why the f*ck did he draft Raines, Staker, Buchanan and X Clarke?

I have become obsessed with Vossy this week. I really think he's losing his marbles.

I'm secretly hoping that Brisbane win a premiership or three with this group they have now just to show that getting a whole battery of high draft picks do not always equal premiership glory.

Geelong have won 2 premierships in the last 3 years with the highest pick being pick 7.

Brisbane have had higher picks than that and they are yet to win a premiership with this group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane won't finish top 4 in 2010 - Bookmark this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back