Summer #Brisbane2032 - Brisbane announced as host of the 2032 Olympics!

Remove this Banner Ad

As some one who lives here its fricken freezing in the mornings and from the late afternoon.

the 3 hour window in the middle of the day in the sun is fine but the rest of the day I have the heater on. And I grew up living in canberra.

it’s going to ruin the outdoor Night time events and the beach volleyball. Won’t have any summer carnival spirit with people out enjoying themselves in the evening as everyone huddles inside Instead.
the average low is 10. okay, that might be cold for people up North, and mild to everyone else but it is not exactly freezing.

Probably not fair for someone from Tassie to say something is cold or not to someone on Queensland. Your winter is our summer..

the average low is 10. okay, that might be cold for people up North, and mild to everyone else but it is not exactly freezing.

Probably not fair for someone from Tassie to say something is cold or not though.
True its not Victorian cold. But it’s supposed to be a summer games. With people partying outside up late In bikini tops. Not huddling around fires in giant coats and rushing to get inside. No one is going to be swimming in the water. We had nights that got down to 6 degrees last week.

yay....

I just hope they don't forget the rest of Australia exist. At least, when Sydney had it, they had football games in Melbourne. Would be special to see the first events hosted at the MCG and Stadium Australia(if is is still around).

I think we will know when the bye weekend/s will be in season 2032 for the AFL.

And Queensland, if you going to draw a map of Australia in your opening ceremony, try and remember Tasmania exists

yay....

I just hope they don't forget the rest of Australia exist. At least, when Sydney had it, they had football games in Melbourne. Would be special to see the first events hosted at the MCG and Stadium Australia(if is is still around).

And Queensland, if you going to draw a map of Australia in your opening ceremony, try and remember Tasmania exists
Sounds like it will just happen all over south-east Queensland (Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Logan, Ipswich and Redlands)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like it will just happen all over south-east Queensland (Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Logan, Ipswich and Redlands)
yeah, that is what I am worried about.

Don't get me wrong, I am not asking for all the events to be held all over the country. Just the football(soccer) really.

It shouldn't be hosted in Cairns, for example, just because it is in Queensland. The Sydney 2000 tournament was hosted in 5 cities, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney. I still remember the first game in Melbourne. 90K plus to watch Italy with a young Pirlo v the Olyroos. It was a great way to engage the rest of the country.

yay....

They played a few games at the Gabba too

I'm glad they're going to be here, as posted earlier, there's a fair chance this will get my wife and I over the line in moving to Qld in a few years time.

How cringy was the reaction from Pallet-O-Shit and the others? There were no other bidders you dullards. Would Anna even know the difference between a discus and a javelin?

Amazing news 😊
I recall vividly the moment the IOC President Juan Samaranch announced "and the winner is Sydney'' for the 2000 Games. I had taken my son into the CBD and we were among a crowd of thousands watching a big screen waiting for Mr Samaranch to announce the winning bid and when he did there was excited pandemonium. Much like Brisbanites did tonite when the current IOC President Thomas Bach announced the good news.

It wasn't hard to win, no other country wanted it, a financial black hole
There were 7 other countries that wanted it. We got it cos we had a guy on the inside. Coates was on the 1990s brisbane bid and will soon quit the olympics committee to join the Brisbane bid. This is a little unsettling. It feels a little like we cheated.

There were 7 other countries that wanted it. We got it cos we had a guy on the inside. Coates was on the 1990s brisbane bid and will soon quit the olympics committee to join the Brisbane bid. This is a little unsettling. It feels a little like we cheated.

There were a number of others that showed an interest but none of the others were approved by the IOC to submit offical bids. It was a one horse race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer #Brisbane2032 - Brisbane announced as host of the 2032 Olympics!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back