Brock Mclean leaves Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
McLean leaves Demons

Source: Melbournefc.com.au

The Melbourne Football Club wishes to advise that player Brock McLean has requested a trade and will be leaving the Club.
McLean met with Club officials on Monday morning to confirm his decision.
Melbourne has reached an in principle agreement with the Carlton Football Club for their first choice (selection 11 overall) in this year’s National Draft. This agreement is subject to the finalisation of paperwork during Trade Week, commencing Monday 5 October 2009, and the completion of medical screenings.

I hate football

I hate Carlton (although you probably have done nothing wrong, please don't continue the thread down this path)

Good luck Brock.

Re: McLean leaves Demons

He's still young, but it's a bit bizarre to be honest.

The midfield is one area where Carlton is very sound.

McLean, Gibbs, Murphy, Judd and Kreuzer is a potent line-up - but i'm not exactly sure whether McLean has a whole lot of improvement left in him.

I guess time will tell!

Source: Melbournefc.com.au

I hate football

I hate Carlton (although you probably have done nothing wrong, please don't continue the thread down this path)

Good luck Brock.

WOW....Big news....I thought McLean was a D through and through.

Carlton are really pulling some quality players now, hope he stays injury free.

Very bizarre - however with Grimes to move to the midfield, as well as now we definitely know we are drafting 2 on ballers with Scully and Trengove - there may be less opportunities

Re: brock for pick 11

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/85229/default.aspx

Its true and heartbreaking for Melbourne Supporters. This bloke has given $15000 to the club for Debt Demoliting and he decides to go to Carlton. Surely they cant be paying him more than us, so i dont know why he is going. Not sure what Carlton gain is a gun player but they have enough of a midfield, it doesnt help there back or forward lines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very bizarre - however with Grimes to move to the midfield, as well as now we definitely know we are drafting 2 on ballers with Scully and Trengove - there may be less opportunities

It's bizarre from both sides.

McLean seemed like the type who could lead Melbourne out of this rut. He donated 10k of his own money to the club and always spoke of his love of the club - and now he's just going?

Will he get a regular game in Carltons midfield ?
They've got Judd,Murphy,Gibbs and Stevens that would be ahead of him,plus a few more [help me Carlton fans].

Maybe not Stevens? He's been on-off this year.
Do Carlton plan to utilise him in a diffrent role? Good luck to him, he's been around for a while I spose.'

Re: Brock Mclean

Melbourne Football Club Media Release

The Melbourne Football Club wishes to advise that player Brock McLean has requested a trade and will be leaving the Club.

McLean met with Club officials on Monday morning to confirm his decision.

Melbourne has reached an in principle agreement with the Carlton Football Club for their first choice (selection 11 overall) in this year’s National Draft. This agreement is subject to the finalisation of paperwork during Trade Week, commencing Monday 5 October 2009, and the completion of medical screenings.

General Manager - List Management Tim Harrington said “It is very disappointing to lose a player of Brock’s calibre. Once Brock made this decision it was important that we secured a commensurate trade. This has been achieved.”

“We are now in a very strong position at the National Draft with four selections inside the top 18, all before any other Clubs’ second selections have occurred. In the context of the last uncompromised draft for a number of years, this represents an outstanding opportunity to further build and develop our young playing list.”

Brock McLean said “I have come to the decision that the best thing for my football career is to move on from Melbourne. While it has been an extremely tough decision as I have given the Club my all, I am confident it is the right one for both parties.”

The Melbourne Football Club thanks Brock for his contribution over the past six years and 94 games. He made a significant impact both on and off the field. He has been a liked and respected Melbourne person. All associated with club wish him well.

- ENDS -

Ryan Larkin
Media and Communications Coordinator
MELBOURNEfc
mailto:ryan.larkin@melbournefc.com.au
http://www.melbournefc.com.au

Very smart move by the Dees with Scully and Trengove and now pick 11 coming to them. They are definitely moving in the right direction.

Bad move for Carlton unless they are also moving someone on..

Re: brock for pick 11

I was shocked when I heard this. Must mean the end for nick stevens or heath scotland. Brock would be a potential captain at Carlton in the future. He was pick 5 back in the day.

Rumour is Stevens is gone.

Carlton's probably had enough high picks, so maybe they're looking to get a quality inside mid to help Judd (i.e. McLean) and a forward with their second round or via more trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brock Mclean leaves Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back