Club Focus North Melbourne 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

North could do alot worse than picking up Parker and Shiel on the cheap. They're ultra professional and can teach the young brigade in the short term.

Parker for sure, but not convinced Shiel will be much good for them. Doesn't strike me as much of a leader which is what they desperately need.

North could do alot worse than picking up Parker and Shiel on the cheap. They're ultra professional and can teach the young brigade in the short term.
Parker definitely, good call. Shiel does not come across as a leader type, not the sort of player we need. Parker much more versatile

The North Melbourne curse is real.

Media speak about Parker as an option to set the standards and he goes off and snipes some plumber in the magoos.

Media speak about Wines as an option and his heart starts playing up.

Media suggesting Lobb, yes North need senior players and support for Larkey but seriously why would they want a mercenary like Lobb who has never shown leadership or loyalty and isn't getting regular AFL time now.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I was in charge id be looking to upgrade the age of the list

Delist 20yr olds like Drury and Hansen Jr and pick up 22-25 olds even if they are only state league!

They desperately need another KPF to help out Larkey. Poor bloke is seriously suffering "Max King Syndrome" where has to out-mark 3 opposition defenders with the ball coming in haphazardly.

Do North fans see either Dawson or Comben as forwards rather than backs, in an ideal world?

They desperately need another KPF to help out Larkey. Poor bloke is seriously suffering "Max King Syndrome" where has to out-mark 3 opposition defenders with the ball coming in haphazardly.

Do North fans see either Dawson or Comben as forwards rather than backs, in an ideal world?
Comben will go forward long term

Even once Logue comes back in a month or so

Some leader types like Parker and Grimes. Caleb Daniel will be a good target too. Clurey an alternative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel would be a awesome fit. A hard running pressure forward would be great and is something we should be looking to draft at the end of the year.

Will Phillips for Jack Viney.

Bring back the old straight swap.

Melbourne’s VFL team?

Unless Will grows 15+ cm and becomes a goal kicking key forward, he’s not getting a game for Melbourne’s senior side.

Very short sighted outlook on it.

He's more likely to play midfield at Melbourne than he is at North in the next 3 to 4 years.

Melbourne's biggest issue is they haven't replaced Jordan, and the Brayshaw scenario has left their midfield shallower than a kiddies pool.

Very short sighted outlook on it.

Is it?

He’s not getting a game in Melbourne’s midfield, even without Viney.

He's more likely to play midfield at Melbourne than he is at North in the next 3 to 4 years.
He’s probably an equal chance - 0 - because he likely won’t be at Melbourne and I doubt he’ll be at North.

Melbourne's biggest issue is they haven't replaced Jordan, and the Brayshaw scenario has left their midfield shallower than a kiddies pool.

Melbourne’s biggest issue is a completely dysfunctional forward line, and poor mid/forward connection.

Which one of those issues is Phillips helping to solve?

If I were North I'd be looking less at young guys not getting games at other clubs

Maybe D. Shiel, although he's getting his body back to normal and needs some games first. But a good experienced mid when feeling good. Might be a good choice if he is looking. Also there are good players in the VFL you could look at etc in midseason drafts etc. But he is under contract until end of 2025.

Last edited:
Maybe D. Shiel, although he's getting his body back to normal and needs some games first. But a good experienced mid when feeling good. Might be a good choice if he is looking.

He would want to be for free, a goodwill gesture, I can't see you lot ever doing that though.
And he would be great for our VFL side, they need some experience around them.

He would want to be for free, a goodwill gesture, I can't see you lot ever doing that though.
And he would be great for our VFL side, they need some experience around them.

Well i think North needs some concessions to get back on track, and also i think Dodoro is sort of stepping away, staying as a consultant role, so it might be easier these days, lol.

Maybe D. Shiel, although he's getting his body back to normal and needs some games first. But a good experienced mid when feeling good. Might be a good choice if he is looking. Also there are good players in the VFL you could look at etc in midseason drafts etc. But he is under contract until end of 2025.

There’s about 20 other options I’d prefer over Shiel.

Parker and a discussion with Treloar would be my preference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus North Melbourne 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back