Brown wants out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just on trade radio your list manager said he was going no where and would not be traded.

Beautiful. The outcome we wanted anyway. Teaches those mongrels at St Kilda a valuable lesson going after a player who was required and contracted. Apparently they are only prepared to trade Cripps to us if it involved Brown. No big loss. While it would have been nice to offer Cripps a spot as he does have talent he is not a required player and won't add much to our structures next year in terms of what our team is lacking. If they are not after Stevens then off to the Dogs or Bombers he goes.

I feel sorry for Cripps as he wanted to play for us and he still might but if this is St Kilda's attitude there is very little we can do to change it as Brown is not going anywhere. Perhaps it's time for both clubs to move on. I'd imagine the saints supporters would be kicking up a fuss over this. :D

Beautiful. The outcome we wanted anyway. Teaches those mongrels at St Kilda a valuable lesson going after a player who was required and contracted. Apparently they are only prepared to trade Cripps to us if it involved Brown. No big loss. While it would have been nice to offer Cripps a spot as he does have talent he is not a required player and won't add much to our structures next year in terms of what our team is lacking. If they are not after Stevens then off to the Dogs or Bombers he goes.

I feel sorry for Cripps as he wanted to play for us and he still might but if this is St Kilda's attitude there is very little we can do to change it as Brown is not going anywhere. Perhaps it's time for both clubs to move on. I'd imagine the saints supporters would be kicking up a fuss over this. :D

Cripps is not contracted though different scenario.

Cripps is not contracted though different scenario.

Yes it is Groga, but if they choose not to deal with us there is very little we can do about it. Maybe cooler heads will prevail over the next week and a half but perhaps they convince him to stay or try and trade him to Freo and convince Cripps they are his only options apart from the draft. Time will tell but they weren't keen to lose him to begin with.

While I applaud the effort to keep him, I am concerned that he'll just back his bags when his contract is up, as a friend from Sydney told me, trade with currency while you can.

Ill back us in to hold onto him, i wouldnt be surprised if glass hangs them up after next year then brown gets the key defender gig in a side that should be around the mark. I'd say the club has spent the last week talking mitch off the ledge and hell be happy enough to stay.

Reckon Cripps will end up with us in the end any way. We'll either trade for him or draft him

Everyone essentially sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the free agency compo to come out now
Yep. Waste of a week - could've cut it down by one I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would think that cripps is still a pretty good chance to come to us. his value would be similar to stevens trade wise

Cripps will come to us. A deal with get done - hopefully by a straight swap with Stevens or the pick we get for him.

He'll be a very handy player for us.

The eagles stood by brown during his injuries, which were the reason he was passed by in the pecking order. I don't think it's unreasonable for him to stay on for another year. I'm sure he knows this and he wasn't given the mainy award for nothing.

The saints can't offer us the compo pick cause they don't have it yet.

This has been publicly stated several time during the draft period. It is a clear statement from an honest club that has been lost in the vortex or denial that is saint kilda

The St. Kilda footy club just doesn't know the meaning of the word 'NO'.

The eagles stood by brown during his injuries, which were the reason he was passed by in the pecking order. I don't think it's unreasonable for him to stay on for another year. I'm sure he knows this and he wasn't given the mainy award for nothing.

The saints can't offer us the compo pick cause they don't have it yet.
This should be pointed out to him every time he talks up going back home to Victoria, if we lose him look to see Glass staying on another year after this one.

Why? He doesn't owe us anything for looking after him. We kept looking after him because we believed the club would be better for it in the long run.

The St. Kilda footy club just doesn't know the meaning of the word 'NO'.

UtherCheerGIF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back