Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do...he will get it easy, name a player that will challenge him up until Round 11

Barlow (who is 2nd favourite)13 MAX
Hodge (3rd fav) 11 MAX

I think Ablett will end up with between 12-16 votes at round 11. I dont think he will end up anywhere near his 19 votes that he got last year at round 11. (He absolutely killed it last year at half way mark). If he ends up on say 12, then there are a few who could challenge him, namely: Barlow and Judd. For his odds, I dont think its worth it.

Ablett

Round 1: 37 Touches, 2 Goals, 4 Tackles, 5 Inside 50s. 3 VOTES

Round 2: 38 Touches, 6 Tackles, 5 Inside 50s. 2/3 VOTES

Round 3: 33 Touches, 4 Goals, 4 Tackles, 4 GC, 6 Inside 50s. 2 VOTES. Pavlich BOG

Round 4: 37 Touches, 3 Goals, 4 Tackles, 4 GC. 3 VOTES. Chappy 2, Corey 1.

Round 5: 33 Touches, 2 Goals, 7 Tackles. 2 VOTES

Round 6: DNP

Round 7: 38 touches, 10 marks, 2 goals. 3 VOTES

Round 8: S.Johnson 3 Votes, Chapman 2 Votes, Bartel 1 Votes

Round 9: 32 Touches, 1 Goal, 3 Tackles. 1/2 VOTES. Kelly BOG

Round 10: 35 Touches, 2 Goals, 4 Tackles, 6 Inside 50s. 2 VOTES. Selwood BOG.

Round 11: 24 Touches, 2 Goals, 7 Tackles, 3 GC, 5 Inside 50's. 1/2 Votes. Chapman BOG.

= 19/20, 16 Minimum, 22 Max
Easily..

1 - 2
2 - 0 Didnt think he had his usual impact on the game at all. Many cheapish disposals. Gave Bartel 3 and 2 to a Hawks player, was a close match.
3 - 2
4 - 3
5 - 2 Loss to Carlton. If he gets 1 here, then his Rd 11 leadership could be under some pressure.
6 - Did not play
7 - 3 Guaranteed 3
8 - 0
9 - 0 If he polls more than 1 here, i will be very shocked. I was at the match and he was far from significant or standout in it. Gave Bartel the 3.
10 - 1 Big first half, faded considerably in the second.
11 - 0

Total: 13

PS: Just because he gets a crap load of disposals, doesnt mean he is gonna get an automatic 2 or 3. Dont be surprised if he misses out altogether this year in some high disposal game.

as good as he was in round 1 i dunno if he'll get 3... brynes was sensational and since the bombers had about a 30 pt lead a somepoint they might give a vote to one of them such as stanton who was very good that night ablett might get 1 or 2 votes doubt he'll get a 3, hope im wrong though!

1 - 2
2 - 0 Didnt think he had his usual impact on the game at all. Many cheapish disposals. Gave Bartel 3 and 2 to a Hawks player, was a close match.
3 - 2
4 - 3
5 - 2 Loss to Carlton. If he gets 1 here, then his Rd 11 leadership could be under some pressure.
6 - Did not play
7 - 3 Guaranteed 3
8 - 0
9 - 0 If he polls more than 1 here, i will be very shocked. I was at the match and he was far from significant or standout in it. Gave Bartel the 3.
10 - 1 Big first half, faded considerably in the second.
11 - 0

Total: 13

PS: Just because he gets a crap load of disposals, doesnt mean he is gonna get an automatic 2 or 3. Dont be surprised if he misses out altogether this year in some high disposal game.

I end up on 13, same as above, except 1 in rd 3 (Pav/Hill) and 2 in rd 10. Should be enough, but certainly doesn't justify the short odds.

Chappy's an outside chance I reckon with possible polls in rds 2,4,6,7,8,11. At $67 I'm having a nibble.

Judd?? I feel he is a good chance to lead at Rd 11

And for the record Judd will out poll Goddard.

No for Judd...misses the first 3 games and only have him polling 10 in the next 8 games

May I ask what Hawthorn player was better than Ablett?

bartel got 3 first 2 games for sure

Am i missing something about Bartel. Didnt think he had that grat a year but maybe i just overlooked him. To be on 6 votes after 2 rounds and someone saying he was BOG in round 8 above thats 9 votes. Surely could sneak a few more and maybe be a chance to either be aleader at round 11 or be a solid group option in his group or be a top 5 chance. We all know he has decent pollling history behind him.

Starting to think maybe hes good for his group?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually gave Mitchell votes but u would probably lol at that if u tended to look at supercoach scores

With a disposal efficiency of 60%....7 clangers. Ablett had more possessions, higher disposal efficiency, more clearances, contest possessions, 6 more tackles. but yes, Bartel will get the 3 Votes against Hawthorn. Ablett just ahead of Mitchell for the 2 IMO but you have him on 0? interesting...

Am i missing something about Bartel. Didnt think he had that grat a year but maybe i just overlooked him. To be on 6 votes after 2 rounds and someone saying he was BOG in round 8 above thats 9 votes. Surely could sneak a few more and maybe be a chance to either be aleader at round 11 or be a solid group option in his group or be a top 5 chance. We all know he has decent pollling history behind him.

Starting to think maybe hes good for his group?

should win his group

With a disposal efficiency of 60%....7 clangers. Ablett had more possessions, higher disposal efficiency, more clearances, contest possessions, 6 more tackles. but yes, Bartel will get the 3 Votes against Hawthorn. Ablett just ahead of Mitchell for the 2 IMO but you have him on c0? interesting...

did u even watched the match seriously. Go watch a replay and tell me what u think. Tell me who u think will get votes for the hawks

did u even watched the match seriously. Go watch a replay and tell me what u think. Tell me who u think will get votes for the hawks

Need to work on your spelling and grammar there buddy.

'2 - 0 Didnt think he had his usual impact on the game at all. Many cheapish disposals. Gave Bartel 3 and 2 to a Hawks player, was a close match.'

So let me get this right, just because, it was a close game, A hawks players HAS to get votes right? :rolleyes:

Ablett

Round 1: 37 Touches, 2 Goals, 4 Tackles, 5 Inside 50s. 3 VOTES

Round 2: 38 Touches, 6 Tackles, 5 Inside 50s. 2/3 VOTES

Round 3: 33 Touches, 4 Goals, 4 Tackles, 4 GC, 6 Inside 50s. 2 VOTES. Pavlich BOG

Round 4: 37 Touches, 3 Goals, 4 Tackles, 4 GC. 3 VOTES. Chappy 2, Corey 1.

Round 5: 33 Touches, 2 Goals, 7 Tackles. 2 VOTES

Round 6: DNP

Round 7: 38 touches, 10 marks, 2 goals. 3 VOTES

Round 8: S.Johnson 3 Votes, Chapman 2 Votes, Bartel 1 Votes

Round 9: 32 Touches, 1 Goal, 3 Tackles. 1/2 VOTES. Kelly BOG

Round 10: 35 Touches, 2 Goals, 4 Tackles, 6 Inside 50s. 2 VOTES. Selwood BOG.

Round 11: 24 Touches, 2 Goals, 7 Tackles, 3 GC, 5 Inside 50's. 1/2 Votes. Chapman BOG.

= 19/20, 16 Minimum, 22 Max
Easily..

Round 1- Bartel 3, Byrnes 2, Stanton/Ablett 1.
Round 2- Will be lucky to get a vote, kept getting cheap handballs around the back, and then gave it off and put his teammates under more pressure. Was getting tackled for once as well. Was not a great game from him at all.

Boys, have gone a couple of outlandish multis and wondering what you think the chances are of them getting up.

Ablett, Boak, Riewoldt, Hayes, Boyd, Priddis, Judd, Brown, Watson, Barlow.
Put $5 to pay 3 grand.

and Watson, Brown, Sylvia, Goddard, Jack, Swallow, Cassisi, Hodge.
Put $5 on to pay 9 grand.

Good luckt to everyone ;)

Round 1- Bartel 3, Byrnes 2, Stanton/Ablett 1.
Round 2- Will be lucky to get a vote, kept getting cheap handballs around the back, and then gave it off and put his teammates under more pressure. Was getting tackled for once as well. Was not a great game from him at all.

Exactly what I'm trying to say. I watched the match and didn't think ablett stood out at all. U clearly are getting turned on by stats and basing all your votes on that alone. Would be better if u based it after having actually watched the match.
Yeah, and nice one on the cheap shot about my grammar. This thread has deteriorated somewhat. I actually don't know why I responded to u really. Waste of time, we have gone over this numerous times in the past on who got what votes after each round. I re-iterate the game against the hawks ablett is not a guarantee of polling. U can go feel good about yourself thinking that he is on 20 at the half way point. We will see come Monday night.

Wanted to get a bit of poll going here. Wondering which people prefer either:

Putting on smalls bets with heaps of combinations or
Putting a larger bet on more of a sure thing.

Personally so far i've gone with smaller bets with heaps of combinations but am considering putting a large sum on a Watson/Thompson/Brown + a couple of H2H's.
Thoughts?

Wanted to get a bit of poll going here. Wondering which people prefer either:

Putting on smalls bets with heaps of combinations or
Putting a larger bet on more of a sure thing.

Personally so far i've gone with smaller bets with heaps of combinations but am considering putting a large sum on a Watson/Thompson/Brown + a couple of H2H's.
Thoughts?

There are always shocks come Brownlow night, so personally I think it is better to 'spread the load' whereby you cover your bases and hedge bets.

Use Watson/Thompson/Brown as the basis of your bets and you should be right.

Also anyone [who is left], what are your thoughts on Jack vs Goodes. KJack came home on fire, I can see him polling 9-10 votes in the final four games. he had some decent games during the year as well, I have him on 13-15 votes.

Will Goodes beat that? He was used mostly up forward, but once he moved into the middle he was on fire, and this coincided with his good form. Thoughts on what Goodesy might poll?

So what is everyones tips for the highest vote getter from every side? Heres mine:

Adelaide - Boak
Brisbane - J. Brown
Carlton - Judd
Collingwood - Swan
Essendon - Watson
Fremantle - Sandilands

Geelong - Ablett
Hawthorn - Hodge
Melbourne - Green
Nth Melb - Harvey
Port Adelaide - K. Cornes
Richmond - J Riewoldt
St Kilda - Goddard
Sydney - Goodes
West Coast - LeCras
Western Bulldogs - Lake

The bolded ones are the ones I'm more sure of... What everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back