Brownlow Medal 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

You cannot lose money on something winning, you definitely have no idea, you halve the price. don't forget if something is $1.75 you halve the .75 not the whole $1.75, Maybe do some research before posting

Oh that was wonderful.

I'm refreshing this page until Lenny29 replies.

popcorn_yes.gif

what have i started? but it has been in my thoughts all morning

For some reason a few years ago when i multi with tab on most brownlow votes, it actually halved the odds of that leg, supporting Lenny's statement..

But im just not sure..

You cannot lose money on something winning, you definitely have no idea, you halve the price. don't forget if something is $1.75 you halve the .75 not the whole $1.75, Maybe do some research before posting

cant wait for this one to play out
gotta love posters who know more than guys who basically do this for a living

seth

quoted for posterity and because you are an absolute peon

let's use a live example. sportsbet have a market with two options at $1.40 and $2.80. for the sake of the exercise, there is $200 invested on the $1.40 pop and $100 on the $2.80 pop, so they are going to pay out $280 each way (and profit $20)

now which of these is the more likely scenario if they tie:

a) sportsbet payout half on each including stake - so effectively the odds are $0.70 and $1.40. they pay $200 x $0.70 and $100 x $1.40 - which equals the $280 they would've paid anyway.

b) sportsbet employ ******s like yourself and pay out half on each exclusing stake - so effectively the odds are $1.20 and $1.90. they pay $200 x $1.20 and $100 x $1.90 - which equals $430

gee i wonder

what have i started? but it has been in my thoughts all morning

For some reason a few years ago when i multi with tab on most brownlow votes, it actually halved the odds of that leg, supporting Lenny's statement..

But im just not sure..

It's not your fault you asked a fair question and you are correct... but I'm not saying a word until Lenny29 gets here cos :

dis-gun-be-gud.gif

quoted for posterity and because you are an absolute peon

let's use a live example. sportsbet have a market with two options at $1.40 and $2.80. for the sake of the exercise, there is $200 invested on the $1.40 pop and $100 on the $2.80 pop, so they are going to pay out $280 each way (and profit $20)

now which of these is the more likely scenario if they tie:

a) sportsbet payout half on each including stake - so effectively the odds are $0.70 and $1.40. they pay $200 x $0.70 and $100 x $1.40 - which equals the $280 they would've paid anyway.

b) sportsbet employ ******s like yourself and pay out half on each exclusing stake - so effectively the odds are $1.20 and $1.90. they pay $200 x $1.20 and $100 x $1.90 - which equals $430

gee i wonder

You are actually a goose.... I am waiting for an apology from yourself when you realise how wrong you are.

So if a punter puts $1000 on a horse @ $1.50 to win and it is a dead heat you think the TAB is going to say to the punter...Your horse won but you lose $250.00? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL i hope you are trolling

You are actually a goose.... I am waiting for an apology from yourself when you realise how wrong you are.

So if a punter puts $1000 on a horse @ $1.50 to win and it is a dead heat you think the TAB is going to say to the punter...Your horse won but you lose $250.00? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL i hope you are trolling
the only apology you're going to get from me is on behalf of society for allowing you to be dropped on your head so often so young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha I am 110% confident :)

You are 110% a ****ing moron.

Please tell me you are trolling, I am at work and have everyone laughing at you in the office, I wonder how smart your other 9989 post have been :S

mind_blown.gif

mind_blown.gif

The easiest way to work it out is, If something is paying $1.70 and you have $50 on it, half your stake($25) $25 @ 1.70 or $50.00 @ 1.35 works out to be the same. How can the agency take your stake if you have hit a winner? Dead heat $1.50 winner. you get $1.25 etc...

mind_blown.gif

mind_blown.gif

Please tell me you are trolling, I am at work and have everyone laughing at you in the office, I wonder how smart your other 9989 post have been :S
you have a lot to learn from harry, he parlayed being an imbecile into at least being interesting for more than half an hour

COPIED FROM THE TAB WEBSITE:

Win bet: Dead Heat
The Win pool is split and dividends are paid to both winners, the amount being determined by the odds at the start of the race. There will also be normal Place dividends for both dead heaters and the third placed runner. The Win dividends cannot be less than a customer's bet.

GAME SET AND MATCH - RAFAEL NADAL

COPIED FROM THE TAB WEBSITE:

Win bet: Dead Heat
The Win pool is split and dividends are paid to both winners, the amount being determined by the odds at the start of the race. There will also be normal Place dividends for both dead heaters and the third placed runner. The Win dividends cannot be less than a customer's bet.

GAME SET AND MATCH - RAFAEL NADAL
quotes a tab tote pool rule to "win" an argument about a fixed odds market

good stuff bro

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Medal 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back