brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

hbk

Debutant
Jun 23, 2004
as the year draws to a end the afl who does everyone think will win the brownlow? who do do people think the roughies are going to be?

hbk said:
as the year draws to a end the afl who does everyone think will win the brownlow? who do do people think the roughies are going to be?

Hoping its Reiwaldt. Last week my workmates and I have put $500 on him at $5.50 to win $2,750.

Seemed like a good bet with Treadrea meant to miss a week or two. Then Wazza played and was possibly BOG. I doubt that the blond would have polled at the Gabba even though he kicked five goals in a losing team and tried his heart out.

By the way I reckon SK suffered due to the heat and will be a different proposition in Melbourne.

It's usually from a team in top 6 ...

I think no one from melbourne or geelong.

So Brisbane - Lappin
Port - Tredrea, but cornes could steel votes.
Saints - Reiwolt, but the likes of ball, gehrig etc could steal votes.

Im sticking with Lappin from lions tho.

AFL_WOMAN said:
Warren Tredrea by a country mile....

look at his performance last week, a 60% fit tredrea is brownlow material

Get ya hand off it a 60% tredrea is no where near brownlow material and neither is a 100% tredrea

Gofaz... If Tredrea is nowhere near brownlow quality (which he is), who from your team is? Winning games might make the umpires look at your players. Other teams must have a lot of respect if Tredrea is double and sometimes triple teamed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd or riewolt with a roughie as adam mcphee from the bombers. Judd is an absolute freak and will win about 2-3 brownlows (injury permitting) in his life. Riewolt will also win one youd think. Lapping, in my eyes, doesnt get enough recognition from the umpies to win

BlueBoy83 said:
It's usually from a team in top 6 ...

I think no one from melbourne or geelong.

So Brisbane - Lappin
Port - Tredrea, but cornes could steel votes.
Saints - Reiwolt, but the likes of ball, gehrig etc could steal votes.

Im sticking with Lappin from lions tho.

yeh cos lappins got no1 to steal votes of him........

Ricciuto

Should be so far in front by round 15 that the last 7 games wont matter.

I put $100 on Harvey at 151 to1 but may as well rip up the ticket now.

There was a few gripes at the begining of the season about Lappin.. Being the best player in the league, not to win a Brownlow etc,

I wonder if that will affect any of the umpires and when they vote? I know they wont do it deliberately, but maybe it might open their eyes to him a little bit more?

Lappin is a big chance, being a Lions fan and seeing all of their games, IMO he has stood out more than he did last year, and injury probable cost him. The likes of Aka and Voss have not been as outstanding this season and probably would not have taken many from him, Simon Black may be a different proposition though, and Power too will poll well. Another thing against Lappin is that there have been players like Chris Johnson & Martin Pike who have had the occasional blinder, where three votes were probably picked up.

I think that the Brownlow will go to either Judd or Ling. Both of these guys play in teams without too many taking votes off them. Cousins is the main threat at the Eagles to steal votes with Kerr, while not being a Cats fan, and seeing only a few games on TV, I can not think of anyone who would out poll Ling.

I think Roo will poll votes in a lot of games but due to the crows having an off year I dont think he will get many 3 points which will hurt him. I think you will find he will score alot of 1's and 2's he will be up the top but wont take it out.
I think it will be a great count this year, I wont be putting money on this year, too many standouts, I had money on both Roo and Buckley last year so I will quit while Im ahead!

Remove this Banner Ad

brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back