Bruce Francis and TV legal dramas or the letter to the Minister for Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

You could have manufactured an a, somewhere in that response.
And your deception on having knowledge of law is appalling. Owen Dixon Chambers would be every interested in your comments. Just because you like wigs and gowns does not make you a member of the Bar.

What an incoherent paranoid rant from BF (whoever the f*ck he is).

You do have to laugh. This guy truly is bonkers. His 'analysis' is of no consequence at all. It is the mutterings of a senile imbecile.
He is still on some weird anti-Gillard rant trying to see Hird as the scapegoat for some weird political conspiracy.
Gillard hasnt been PM for two years ffs. This guy is mental. You know when someone is struggling when they focus on irrelevant technicalities and construe any miniscule perceived error by an opposing party as some massive proof of a conspiracy.

Luckily Sussan Ley would have staff to filter emails from lunatics like this one. There is no chance she would have wasted her time reading this kind of thing. It would have been read by an APS 4 graduate with the standard polite 'Ministerial' response.

Last edited:
I honestly wonder why he bothers if he's so confident Essendon will get off.

He's not just posting on random footy forums, arguing with fellow fans. He actually thinks he needs to write to all these people, to get his opinion heard, as if it's going to change something...but apparently Essendon are fine because ASADA can't prove shit anyway?

Righto Bruce.

I honestly wonder why he bothers if he's so confident Essendon will get off.

He's not just posting on random footy forums, arguing with fellow fans. He actually thinks he needs to write to all these people, to get his opinion heard, as if it's going to change something...but apparently Essendon are fine because ASADA can't prove shit anyway?

Righto Bruce.
We say obsession and he would say passion!

When you peruse his history of championing the causes in years gone by. Passion does not appear to be his motivation. Arrogance is.

Essendon are appealing before there is even a decision though. Essendon tried to have the whole thing thrown out because they are shit scared of the outcome. And you are only ever shit scared of the outcome when you already know what it is going to be and you don not like it.

Essendon know they are cooked. That is why they went to the Federal Court. Twice.

Essendon went once because they had reason to believe there was a problem with the investigation. Reasonable issue, but the judge thought differently, Essendon accepted and move on.

They wanted to (apparently) sack Hird for going back FFS.

What an incoherent paranoid rant from BF (whoever the f*ck he is).

You do have to laugh. This guy truly is bonkers. His 'analysis' is of no consequence at all. It is the mutterings of a senile imbecile.
He is still on some weird anti-Gillard rant trying to see Hird as the scapegoat for some weird political conspiracy.
Gillard hasnt been PM for two years ffs. This guy is mental. You know when someone is struggling when they focus on irrelevant technicalities and construe any miniscule perceived error by an opposing party as some massive proof of a conspiracy.

Luckily Sussan Ley would have staff to filter emails from lunatics like this one. There is no chance she would have wasted her time reading this kind of thing. It would have been read by an APS 4 graduate with the standard polite 'Ministerial' response.

All ministerial responses need to be cleared by at least the assistant Secretary (SES) level. I have no doubt, just for shits and giggles, this was read by everyone.

The response would most likely have been drafted by someone in ASADA, then overseen by SES then by the ministers team for release.

Unfortunately, all responses, rational or irrational, must be treated in the same manner.

Agree though, this guy is a fruit loop.

All ministerial responses need to be cleared by at least the assistant Secretary (SES) level. I have no doubt, just for shits and giggles, this was read by everyone.

The response would most likely have been drafted by someone in ASADA, then overseen by SES then by the ministers team for release.

Unfortunately, all responses, rational or irrational, must be treated in the same manner.

Agree though, this guy is a fruit loop.
A serial fruit loop at that. What ever he submits now will treated with disdain, silly man has shot himself in both feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon went once because they had reason to believe there was a problem with the investigation. Reasonable issue, but the judge thought differently, Essendon accepted and move on.

They wanted to (apparently) sack Hird for going back FFS.

What will be interesting, is if the players are guilty, how can the players look him in the eye and play for him.

Secondly, what happens if the club and James are named in the workcover case? Fines need to be paid, from supporters memberships.

How in their right mind, could the club continue with James, if players are found guilty and the club had failed to provide a safe workplace?

Even if Bruce was somehow correct (please bear with me), in what context does he think he is having this dialogue? Does he think he is wearing the general member of the public hat, or some sort of position of authority?

No sane person can type that kind of shit. To be honest it makes me think this whole Bruce Francis thing is an elaborate super troll that has sucked us all in.

The other option can only be he's a **** wit who has lost his marbles.

Even if Bruce was somehow correct (please bear with me), in what context does he think he is having this dialogue? Does he think he is wearing the general member of the public hat, or some sort of position of authority?

No sane person can type that kind of shit. To be honest it makes me think this whole Bruce Francis thing is an elaborate super troll that has sucked us all in.

The other option can only be he's a **** wit who has lost his marbles.
There is a pretty strong group of influential Essendon Supporters who believe this line of thinking, Bruce is merely the mouthpiece.

Yes and I think a well paid one at that.
I'd be surprised if Bruce isn't being paid for his bile. Whether it's well paid or not I'm not so sure. Generally if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

If there was a decent budget for the type of lobbying/PR Bruce is doing there are some very skilled professionals who can mount the arguments, gain publicity, get in the ears of influencers and policy makers and not appear to be raving lunatics.

Oh Bruce, Here is Jones' reply to Bruce about the Gil interview:

"Rest assured there was no ambush of McLachlan. I didn’t give him an indication as to what he was coming on air for. But I guess he thought that because I’m close to other people in the family it would be all nice. But you’re right, he had the same information as I had. But not prepared to do anything about it."

Didn't ambush him but didn't give him an indication as to what he was going on air for. Isn't that the very definition of an ambush interview?:rolleyes:

Oh Bruce, Here is Jones' reply to Bruce about the Gil interview:

"Rest assured there was no ambush of McLachlan. I didn’t give him an indication as to what he was coming on air for. But I guess he thought that because I’m close to other people in the family it would be all nice. But you’re right, he had the same information as I had. But not prepared to do anything about it."

Didn't ambush him but didn't give him an indication as to what he was going on air for. Isn't that the very definition of an ambush interview?:rolleyes:
It's like watching a couple of old 70's wrestlers, 40 years past their prime, trying to tag team in a modern arena. It's not pretty, in fact it's pretty sad ... although perversely humourous in a way, that you just can't stop watching to see how bad it can really get.

People might wonder why Bruce Francis did not last longer on mainstream sites like bigfooty.

Let the record show that he slinked off like a coward after some relevant inconsistancies in his argument were disputed here.

He was shown to be a bald faced liar.

Yet never disputed the allegations.

Bruce Francis is a ghost.

All boo and no substance.

What will be interesting, is if the players are guilty, how can the players look him in the eye and play for him.

Secondly, what happens if the club and James are named in the workcover case? Fines need to be paid, from supporters memberships.

How in their right mind, could the club continue with James, if players are found guilty and the club had failed to provide a safe workplace?

Err because its all the AFL's fault ... derrrr

"Over the years, I have seen many different tests that attempt to define a man. I favour the simplest one, which has only two parts. You are a man if you are prepared to get in the ring and stay in the ring when you are copping a beating." Bruce Francis

No comment :D:p

Reading his letter, sounds like he's been beaten around the ring a bit then

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Francis and TV legal dramas or the letter to the Minister for Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back