Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
How much in damages is he likely to get if he wins and how much in costs is he facing if he loses?

Lol at the implication The Project should be held to any kind of journalistic standard! Is there a Code of Practice for advertorial and infotainment?

I'm quite confused about Auerbach's evidence and various media reports.

It seems to me that he testified on Thursday/Friday, that there was an account from Lehrmann for a hire car, restaurant meal(s), and another amount $650 or $750, which was put down to "production expenses", which Auerbach says was drugs and prostitutes.

Then there was other reports in the media about $10,000 being spent on drugs and Thai massages (I'm assuming the accusation is that this is prostitutes also), that was put on a Ch 7 Credit Card by Auerbach. Is this the transation that when it was noticed by his boss, he was told to get the girl(s) to reverse the charges and to pay them in cash? This was also (I'm assuming) supposedly for Lehrmann in their wooing of him to give them the Spotlight story? I don't believe Auerbach/Ch 7 produced any evidence of this amount having been charged (credit card statement) or of how he paid it in cash. So I can't understand how this was verified?

I'm quite confused about Auerbach's evidence and various media reports.

It seems to me that he testified on Thursday/Friday, that there was an account from Lehrmann for a hire car, restaurant meal(s), and another amount $650 or $750, which was put down to "production expenses", which Auerbach says was drugs and prostitutes.

Then there was other reports in the media about $10,000 being spent on drugs and Thai massages (I'm assuming the accusation is that this is prostitutes also), that was put on a Ch 7 Credit Card by Auerbach. Is this the transation that when it was noticed by his boss, he was told to get the girl(s) to reverse the charges and to pay them in cash? This was also (I'm assuming) supposedly for Lehrmann in their wooing of him to give them the Spotlight story? I don't believe Auerbach/Ch 7 produced any evidence of this amount having been charged (credit card statement) or of how he paid it in cash. So I can't understand how this was verified?
There are receipts & screenshots of the credit card statement for this in the evidence (Page 76 onwards - https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/116851/Exhibit-MRS-70-20240403.pdf) - unless i am misunderstanding what you mean

Aeurbach bound by the journalists code of honour. lol

I'd have thought that whistleblower's thinking twice about handing over confidential information, was a good thing.

'Taylor Auerbach revealed the source of confidential information given to Seven and him

There was one key issue missed in the reports on Taylor Auerbach’s demolition derby in court last week – and it is bad for journalism.
Andrew Bolt
April 7, 2024 - 7:00PM
How odd, when it was a betrayal of journalism to make any whistleblower now think twice about handing over confidential information.

You might think it serves Lehrmann right to be outed.

He had no legal right to release this information, taken from police evidence for his criminal trial, which was later aborted.

(Again, Lehrmann insists on oath he was not the source, and Auerbach produced no evidence to confirm his allegation.)

But even if Lehrmann did give him that information, as background for his Spotlight interview, Auerbach is bound by the journalists’ code of honour – ha! – not to say so.
The journalists’ union, the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance, has it in its “code of ethics”: “Where confidences are accepted, respect them in all circumstances.”

Australian journalists have gone to jail rather than betray their source. Yet Auerbach rushed to the Federal Court to reveal his, two days before the judge’s verdict was due. And no journalist has damned it? Like, it’s now kind-of expected?'

Time to add another potential legal case to this case with a never ending tail?
If it's not too late for Auerbach to take legal action against Malkah (ex-Kate Fischer) for this 2019 incident.

Seven producer claims model posted ‘intimate image’ as cops probe leak

Perry Duffin

April 7, 2024 — 6.05pm
The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age have seen a complaint, lodged by Auerbach against the former model four years ago, alleging Malkah posted other “highly intimate” images and information about him on social media.
Jackson, who is not accused of any wrongdoing, told News Corp he had interviewed Malkah that evening and had then left before Auerbach and Malkah were intimate.

But Auerbach says that about 24 hours later on Christmas evening, Malkah posted “an intimate image ... without my consent or knowledge” on Instagram and Facebook and then a “damaging” video.

The allegation is made in an official complaint the journalist lodged with the eSafety Commissioner on December 27, 2019, seen by the Herald and The Age.

“I have since managed to get the image taken down. However, the person has uploaded another seperate (sic) video of herself on Facebook detailing highly intimate and sexual information about me and also invading my privacy by listing my name, age, occupation and place of employment,” Auerbach’s 2019 complaint reads.

“It is not only harassing but false and defamatory and highly distressing and damaging to me.
“I just want the video taken down.”

Auerbach indicated, in his complaint, that he did not want any action taken against Malkah as he feared she was “so fragile/volatile” she may repost the alleged intimate image.

The brief relationship between Auerbach and Malkah has long been known courtesy of a third photograph, allegedly taken that evening, which shows the pair snuggled together and smiling.

The image published by The Daily Telegraph remains online along with quotes from Malkah.

“We got together. I took some pictures and posted them online, which he wasn’t happy about,” Malkah is quoted in the newspaper as saying.

“He asked me to take them down which I did. He obviously didn’t want anyone knowing we got together. “And to be honest, I never heard from him again after that. Which is a bit bewildering.”
...'

'Pics prove problematic for Channel 7 reporter

A Channel 7 news reporter has been captured on camera in a steamy clinch with Tziporah Malkah — formerly known as supermodel Kate Fischer.

Amy Harris Sunday Confidential
January 14, 2020 - 4:57PM

News reporter Taylor Auerbach, who is based at Seven’s Sydney headquarters, was captured in a steamy clinch with Malkah in images uploaded to social media.
Contacted this week Malkah confirmed she and Auerbach had a brief physical relationship that also included a proposal for a sit-down interview which never eventuated.

“Yes, Taylor and I had a brief one-night thing. We had been acquainted for a while prior to that because he had been chasing me for a story,” she said.
...'

Time to add another potential legal case to this case with a never ending tail?
If it's not too late for Auerbach to take legal action against Malkah (ex-Kate Fischer) for this 2019 incident.

Seven producer claims model posted ‘intimate image’ as cops probe leak

Perry Duffin

April 7, 2024 — 6.05pm
The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age have seen a complaint, lodged by Auerbach against the former model four years ago, alleging Malkah posted other “highly intimate” images and information about him on social media.
Jackson, who is not accused of any wrongdoing, told News Corp he had interviewed Malkah that evening and had then left before Auerbach and Malkah were intimate.

But Auerbach says that about 24 hours later on Christmas evening, Malkah posted “an intimate image ... without my consent or knowledge” on Instagram and Facebook and then a “damaging” video.

The allegation is made in an official complaint the journalist lodged with the eSafety Commissioner on December 27, 2019, seen by the Herald and The Age.

“I have since managed to get the image taken down. However, the person has uploaded another seperate (sic) video of herself on Facebook detailing highly intimate and sexual information about me and also invading my privacy by listing my name, age, occupation and place of employment,” Auerbach’s 2019 complaint reads.

“It is not only harassing but false and defamatory and highly distressing and damaging to me.
“I just want the video taken down.”

Auerbach indicated, in his complaint, that he did not want any action taken against Malkah as he feared she was “so fragile/volatile” she may repost the alleged intimate image.

The brief relationship between Auerbach and Malkah has long been known courtesy of a third photograph, allegedly taken that evening, which shows the pair snuggled together and smiling.

The image published by The Daily Telegraph remains online along with quotes from Malkah.

“We got together. I took some pictures and posted them online, which he wasn’t happy about,” Malkah is quoted in the newspaper as saying.

“He asked me to take them down which I did. He obviously didn’t want anyone knowing we got together. “And to be honest, I never heard from him again after that. Which is a bit bewildering.”
...'

'Pics prove problematic for Channel 7 reporter

A Channel 7 news reporter has been captured on camera in a steamy clinch with Tziporah Malkah — formerly known as supermodel Kate Fischer.

Amy Harris Sunday Confidential
January 14, 2020 - 4:57PM

News reporter Taylor Auerbach, who is based at Seven’s Sydney headquarters, was captured in a steamy clinch with Malkah in images uploaded to social media.
Contacted this week Malkah confirmed she and Auerbach had a brief physical relationship that also included a proposal for a sit-down interview which never eventuated.

“Yes, Taylor and I had a brief one-night thing. We had been acquainted for a while prior to that because he had been chasing me for a story,” she said.
...'
Cue the TISM soundtrack

I do not understand what Auerbach’s purpose is here. He wants to be taken seriously in his impugning of Channel 7 personnel/execs and Lehrmann, by admitting he was right in the thick of all of it and therefore impugning himself in the process.

“Lehrmann took cocaine with me and is therefore dodgy but I am totally not despite doing the same thing” seems to be the thrust of his position.

(Incidentally I really don’t care about anyone’s cocaine snorting.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a pity for Bruce that he must have had a really good night with the girls for $10K but can't remember a thing about it.

2 new files uploaded to the Lehrmann cases Federal Court Portal today
  • affidavit from Seven's Commercial Director with Seven's explanation for eventually finding some written comms between Spotlight team and Lehrmann, having produced none in response to the initial court order
  • the Boney M Rivers of Babylon vid (starring Mark Llewelyn)

Disturbingly interesting that the below involved the QLD CCC in relation to the leaking of the Police Brief in the alleged Lehrmann sexual assault in Toowoomba.

If Lehrmann was the leaker, why involve the QLD CCC?

The Harman Undertaking

The individual who obtained the Toowoomba police brief relayed chunks of information from the brief to two other individuals, who, without knowledge of the other’s involvement, passed on the information to me. Both parties named the same individual as their source.

I have of course no evidence of who leaked the brief, and no knowledge of the intentions of the individual who benefitted from the leak. However, I was and remain sufficiently horrified by this breach occurring for the second time in two separate matters concerning the same accused person, that I decided to take whatever action I could.

On September 14, 2023, I lodged a complaint with the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission about the leak of the Toowoomba police brief to the individual.
On 2 November 2023, I updated my complaint to the Queensland CCC to include these three articles.

Several weeks later, the Queensland CCC advised me that they would not be pursuing my complaint.

I’ve now decided to make the complaint again, in the light of current evidence provided by Mr Auerbach and concerns expressed by Dr Collins at the breaching of the Harman Undertaking in Lehrmann’s first trial. It appears that the Undertaking may have already been breached in the Toowoomba matter, before it has even come to trial.

We are talking about what is supposed to be a fundamental protection for victims of rape and sexual assault who choose to make a complaint to police, being used by the perpetrator, or someone who has privileged access to the police brief, to intimidate, harass, and humiliate complainants. It is astounding that this abuse of the legal system has not received anything like the attention it deserves. It is one more obstacle in a field filled with obstacles that can and do deter women from seeking justice after enduring rape and sexual assault.

Why are authorities such as the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission, and the relevant body in the ACT, failing to investigate these leaks?'

Malkah was in the Viper Room on I'm a Celebrity and I think she learnt a lot about dealing with snakes when she slept with one a couple of years later

Poster in this thread saying he was expecting Lehrmann's barrister to 'rip Auerbach a new arseh*le' when he faced court last week.

Pleasant stuff and how disappointed he must now be.

Turns out it was the Spotlight program and Kerry Stokes' Seven Network itself, whose interview with alleged multiple rapist Bruce Lehrmann last year was applauded by a few here, who has had its reputation terminally torn apart. Not unlike many others who have been involved in this putrid tawdry saga.

Great summary here from last night's Media Watch program with Paul Barry, appropriately titled 'Coke for Comment'.

Poster in this thread saying he was expecting Lehrmann's barrister to 'rip Auerbach a new a-hole' when he faced court last week.
He did though!

Do you think Lee will give any credit to Auerbach’s testimony on the document provision in the absence of any hard evidence? Seemed to me based on his comments that he knew full well what Auerbach’s motives were. And Auerback knew full well he’d be slammed, but he got what he wanted.

The best hard evidence worth considering was discovered by internet sleuths yesterday. I doubt Dr Collins will poke the bear by reopening the case. Bearing in mind, this whole reopening had everything to do with credit and not to do with getting a contempt of court charge. And Bruce has zero credit.

Do you think Lee will give any credit to Auerbach’s testimony on the document provision in the absence of any hard evidence? Seemed to me based on his comments that he knew full well what Auerbach’s motives were. And Auerback knew full well he’d be slammed, but he got what he wanted.

I think he will credit Auerbach who hasn't hidden his frustrations or his motivations, which doesn't mean he's being dishonest and which I think Lee also alluded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back