22. Jungleland

23. The Rising
24. Land Of Hope And Dreams

Encores:
25. Born In The USA
26. Bobby Jean
27. Seven Nights To Rock
28. Dancing In The Dark
29. American Land (Max Weinberg's daughter on accordion)
30. Shout
31. This Little Light of Mine

No Sunny Day.

It is hard to believe that Bruce has only played Drive All Night 45 times in his career.

It is one of the true gems of The River.

DonDraper will appreciate the video above this post as I know he is a big fan of the song.

Hey any news on the DVD from the Hanging Rock shows that were rumoured at the time of the shows??

I want to see Cruyffy and his dad signing along right up front to half a dozen songs as I saw on the big screen behind max at HR 2 show.

Man at the Top played for the third time ever. Pretty impressive last few gigs of the tour, so many more played for the first time this tour. It's been confirmed the tour will finish at Rock in Rio, with a few side shows already booked plus probably a few more in Argentina, in September. Was really hoping he'd do a victory lap of the US in time for my arrival :mad:

Next move, people? New ESB album? New solo/acoustic album? Tracks 2? I'm backing a lengthy break this time. The guy hasn't slept since 1999.

No Sunny Day

Great song. **** the haters.

It is hard to believe that Bruce has only played Drive All Night 45 times in his career.

It is one of the true gems of The River.

DonDraper will appreciate the video above this post as I know he is a big fan of the song.
You're underselling it. It's obviously one of his best songs. Just magnificent, it's just lovely. It's in the echelons of Incident, Racing, Flood and those sort of songs. Just a brilliant song.

Hey any news on the DVD from the Hanging Rock shows that were rumoured at the time of the shows??

I want to see Cruyffy and his dad signing along right up front to half a dozen songs as I saw on the big screen behind max at HR 2 show.
No word yet, I'd be grateful for a DVD of any show, would rather Melbourne3 than HR2. I remember seeing myself on the screen, was awesome. I still can't believe I've seen him live.

Man at the Top played for the third time ever. Pretty impressive last few gigs of the tour, so many more played for the first time this tour. It's been confirmed the tour will finish at Rock in Rio, with a few side shows already booked plus probably a few more in Argentina, in September. Was really hoping he'd do a victory lap of the US in time for my arrival :mad:

Next move, people? New ESB album? New solo/acoustic album? Tracks 2? I'm backing a lengthy break this time. The guy hasn't slept since 1999.

Great song. **** the haters.
A long rest I think. Would love a Tracks 2 but from what I have heard a new ESB album could be in the works. Yes please. :thumbsu:

Two more thoughts on the latest Europe leg:
  • We're still the only ones to get High Hopes :thumbsu: Man it was a fun song, kicked the shit out of the Blood Brothers EP version.
  • Rocky Ground made a comeback! Love it.

Two more thoughts on the latest Europe leg:
  • We're still the only ones to get High Hopes :thumbsu: Man it was a fun song, kicked the shit out of the Blood Brothers EP version.
  • Rocky Ground made a comeback! Love it.
Yeah High Hopes was great, high intensity.

American Skin would have been so powerful to hear live. Underrated track.

71) All The Way Home
Album: Devils and Dust (2005)
*New entry*

One of the few songs from Devil’s and Dust that I play often. It’s a song that definitely wouldn’t feel out of place while you’re out on a drive with the wind blowing through your hair and the sun shining high. Has that angry, but cool feel to it. The guitar riff isn’t too overpowering but at the same time it is not too subtle where you don’t notice it. The bass spurs the song on and again it is a song that doesn’t see enough time in concerts. Would be brilliant to see the band jam out an extended outro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

70) Out In The Street

Album: The River (1980)
*New entry*

The first song I heard the man sing live. From the opening of Max’s crashing cymbals, the twang of Bruce's guitar and Roy’s piano playing, you know you’re in for a good time. The happiness translates through to the happy vibe the song gives off and you can’t help but smiling while listening to it. It fits in well on The River, mixing in with the sound fans are familiar with from that album. A great way to start a show and get the crowd involved.

RussellEbertHandball

69) American Skin
Album: Live In New York City (2001)
Previous rank: 42 (down 27)

The story of 41 shots is pretty grim. It was written after NYPD officers shot a black man dead after they thought he was reaching for a gun after they asked him for I.D. Yeah, that’s pretty bad, but it gets worse. They proceeded to shoot him 41 times. The six officers were cleared of murder.

Now, being the person Springteen is, he decided to write a song about it. It caused a lot of backlash, and when he was playing at MSG during the Reunion Tour, they refused to provide security in protest.

It’s a fairly dark song. The music and lyrics leave me feeling a sense of anger and resentment, and I guess that’s what Bruce was going for. The lyrics are powerful and provocative,and the music builds as the song progresses and Bruce pulls out a great solo while wielding that famous Butterscotch Telecaster. Then, it all calms down again with Clarence blowing softly on that sax with the backdrop of Max’s cymbals, Garry’s bass and Bruce’s vocal.

It's an intense song and you can see that, very, very powerful song.

Saw a live version of Rising by sting, with the boss in the audience. In fact it was a tribute to springsteen by various artists, and Obama himself may have been sitting next to him

Saw a live version of Rising by sting, with the boss in the audience. In fact it was a tribute to springsteen by various artists, and Obama himself may have been sitting next to him
Yeah Kennedy Centre Honours 2011 I think.

John Mellencamp did BIT USA at the same show.

Yeah Kennedy Centre Honours 2011 I think.

John Mellencamp did BIT USA at the same show.

That's the one. In fact I also recall Mel brooks sitting next to springsteen and the Obamas. Not sure why.

Most Americans think that born in the USA is a nationalistic cry song. It's actually the opposite, and is critical if the USA.

Springsteen took legal action against the Republican Party (maybe in the bush era), to stop them from using BIT USA in their political campaigns.

It seems that even political parties don't understand the lyrics intact son

That's the one. In fact I also recall Mel brooks sitting next to springsteen and the Obamas. Not sure why.

Most Americans think that born in the USA is a nationalistic cry song. It's actually the opposite, and is critical if the USA.

Springsteen took legal action against the Republican Party (maybe in the bush era), to stop them from using BIT USA in their political campaigns.

It seems that even political parties don't understand the lyrics intact son
Haha, trust me, all of us in here know ;)

Big fan are you? Favourite songs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back