Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Found complete bootlegs of Melbourne 1 and 2, and one of the Hanging Rock's over at the guitar 101 forum. Fairly decent quality. I forgot how amazing Melbourne 2 was.

links to relevant thread would be nice.

links to relevant thread would be nice.

I'll get them when I'm home, but I just did a search of "Springsteen" in the Bootlegs forums, and they were on the second page I think.

Thanks for the tip. I've always been meaning to dig a little deeper on some of the earlier albums. Will check them out :thumbsu:

Just go through this thread. It's a treasure trove of youtube clips of The Boss's catalogue. Cruyff14 is Bossophile #1.

Well do you want to share it?
The same method I mentioned before. Guitar 101 forums, I just searched the bootlegs forums for Springsteen. It's like a gold mine. Should've put that in the initial post, apologies good sir.

Songs not bad but the quality of the video is bloody brilliant. Looked it up and its from a Sting birthday celebration in October 2011. Here is details from Greasy Lake

http://www.greasylake.org/setlists_...w+York&statecountry=NY&concert_id=2731&login=

I think the Boss was paying Sting back for his performance in December 2009 at the Kennedy Centre awards. For the Kennedy Centre awards the recipients don't perform, but other artists perform their works as a tribute. Several artists did Bruce songs

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-honored-at-kennedy-center-by-mellencamp-vedder-sting-20091230

John Mellencamp kicked off the musical tribute with an acoustic version of "Born in the U.S.A." that exploded into a full-band rock out. Ben Harper and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles took the stage for a countrified duet on "I'm on Fire." Melissa Etheridge next turned in a traditional take on "Born to Run" that brought the crowd to its feet, and Eddie Vedder did an intimate take on The Rising's "My City of Ruins" with a gospel chorus. Sting arrived onstage last to massive cheers for a performance of "The Rising" that was so intense that even the Obamas — along with the rest of the audience — stood and swayed.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-honored-at-kennedy-center-by-mellencamp-vedder-sting-20091230#ixzz2YSKrD8GP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a setlist to be envious of

1. Spirit in the Night
2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
3. Badlands
4. Death to My Hometown
5. Roulette
6. Lucky Town
7. Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran cover and sign request)
8. Stand on It (sign request)
9. Working on the Highway
10. Candy's Room (sign request; crowd chose it over Brilliant Disguise)
11. She's the One
12. Brilliant Disguise (sign request!)
13. Kitty's Back
14. Incident on 57th Street
15. Rosalita
16. New York City Serenade (tour premiere with string section)
17. Shackled and Drawn
18. Darlington County
19. Bobby Jean
20. Waiting on a Sunny Day
21. The Rising
22. Land of Hope and Dreams

ENCORE
23. Born in the USA
24. Born to Run
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
27. Twist and Shout

73) Shackled and DrawnAlbum: Wrecking Ball (2012)
*New entry*

From Bruce’s wail to Max’s pounding drum, it is a key in the current tour’s set. Max’s drum again prove a driving force that spur the song with Bruce taking to the acoustic guitar on this one. Like Death To My Hometown, it has a bit of an Irish influence with the horns. A great song in concert that gets the hands clapping and feet stomping.

72) Lonesome Day
Album:The Rising (2002)
*New entry*

Lonesome Day is kind of like The Rising’s brother. But a poorer, not so cool version. Probably a little harsh, but not uncalled for. Usually paired together in live shows, it tends to be overshadowed by The Rising, however, The Rising would overshadow 80% of Bruce’s material.

Now on to Lonesome Day, it’s a song that comes at you from the get go. It’s full on and doesn’t give let you catch your breath, but in a good way. Max as usual dominates behind his drum kit, Clarence’s sax, Soozie’s violin plays a prominent part and Bruce’s vocal is a dirty one filled with anger. A solid song off one of his best albums.

Great pre-show, although I don't know Hearts Of Stone. I love Bus Stop and For You sounds much better on the piano than the acoustic guitar. BToR played in full too.

Pre-Show:
1- Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
2- For You ( solo piano )
3 -HEARTS OF STONE

1. THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE
2. American Land
3. Badlands
4. Death To My Hometown
5. Hungry Heart
6. Spirit In The Night
7. AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG
8. American Skin
9. Promised Land
10. Wrecking Ball
11. We Take Care of our Own
12. Jack of all Trades
13. The River
14. Thunder Road
15. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
16. Night
17. Backstreets
18. Born to Run
19. She's the One
20. Meeting Across the River
21. Jungleland
22. Waitin on a Sunny Day
23. The Rising
24. Land of Hope and Dreams

25. My Hometown
26. Born in the USA
27. Glory Days
28. Bobby Jean
29. Drive All Night
30. Dancing in the Dark
31. Shout

HOLY SHIT jpkennedy RussellEbertHandball Ford Fairlane JuddyBuddy DrVanNostrand alfy! ManWithNoName pjcrows

Pre show:
1. I'll Work for your Love
2. Girls in their Summer Clothes
3. Real World (piano)

1. This Little Light of Mine
2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
3. Out in the Street
4. Sherry Darling
5. WILD THING
6. Frankie
7. Adam Raised a Cain
8. Death to My Hometown