2) Out in the Street
3) SHERRY DARLING (sign)
4) Two Hearts (it takes two)
5) High Hopes
6) Just Like Fire Would

7) LIGHT OF DAY (sign)
8) Death to My Hometown
9) Hungry Heart

10) GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES (solo acoustic)
11) SAVE MY LOVE
12) Atlantic City
13) YOUNGSTOWN
14) Murder Incorporated
15) Johnny 99
16) Pay Me My Money Down
17) Shackled and Drawn
18) Waitin' on a Sunny Day
19) Ghost of Tom Joad
20) The Rising

ENCORE
21) Heaven's Wall
22) Rosalita (Come out Tonight)
23) Born to Run
24) Dancing in the Dark
25) 10th Avenue Freeze Out

26) Twist and Shout

27) I'll Work for Your Love (solo)
28) Thunder Road (solo)

End 11.08pm

14 new songs + 14 repeat songs - makes 41 different songs in 2 shows

Tour Debuts: Sherry Darling, Light of Day, Girls in Their Summer Clothes (Solo), Save My Love, Youngstown, I'll Work For Your Love (Solo)

Last edited:

The Lady got her cherry popped and a dance as per her sign

Bf4WBj8CAAAXj78.jpg

1st night Vel Holland

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-06/vel-holland-snoggs-the-boss-feature/5243722

Long-time Bruce Springsteen fan Vel Holland has achieved a 32-year dream to dance with her idol at the musician's first concert in Perth.

The 63-year-old from Balcatta was invited onto the stage by Springsteen for Dancing In the Dark, as part of the encore at the rock star's WA debut.

Ms Holland, who has been worshipping the Boss since Born to Run was released in 1975, is still basking in the euphoria.

"I snogged him and I wouldn't let go," she said.

"I told him I loved him with all my heart... and I always will.

"And he said, 'I know'."

Ms Holland, who has a room in her townhouse dedicated to Springsteen, told the ABC before the concert that her ambition was to dance with Springsteen.

She says the musician has seen her through some tough times.

"No matter what comes and goes in your life, like friends, relationships, there's one thing that's still there all the time," she said.

"I love him better than anybody."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-06/vel-holland-snoggs-the-boss-feature/5243722

Ford Fairlane

5243778-3x2-700x467.jpg

1795777_284694711685142_1274036855_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st night Vel Holland

Long-time Bruce Springsteen fan Vel Holland has achieved a 32-year dream to dance with her idol at the musician's first concert in Perth.

The 63-year-old from Balcatta was invited onto the stage by Springsteen for Dancing In the Dark, as part of the encore at the rock star's WA debut.

Ms Holland, who has been worshipping the Boss since Born to Run was released in 1975, is still basking in the euphoria.

"I snogged him and I wouldn't let go," she said.

"I told him I loved him with all my heart... and I always will.

"And he said, 'I know'."

Ms Holland, who has a room in her townhouse dedicated to Springsteen, told the ABC before the concert that her ambition was to dance with Springsteen.

She says the musician has seen her through some tough times.

"No matter what comes and goes in your life, like friends, relationships, there's one thing that's still there all the time," she said.

"I love him better than anybody."

Ford Fairlane

5243778-3x2-700x467.jpg

1795777_284694711685142_1274036855_n.jpg

Ha how good is this?

I felt so sorry for the other night on the 7.30 Report when she was resigned to the fact that she would never get invited up on stage.

Dreams do come true!

Just found this. From Jimmy Fallon show performance March 2012 - Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. With Tom Morello, The Roots & J.Fallon.

How fat is that horn section sound???

Day 4 so last nights gig. Took my camera so there's a fair few pictures in this one: http://straffosbrucetour2014.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/day-4-steve-pay-attention/

Sadly, as I thought it would be, last night was the night with the most flogs in an audience I’ve seen at a Bruce gig. With it being the first gig in Perth ever to go on sale, every man and his dog bought a ticket. I saw people being thrown out for fighting (who the hell fights at a Springsteen gig?) and a lot of the “PLAY GLORY DAYS” crowd. Unfortunate, but inevitable. Hopefully the audience tonight is more civil.

Fighting...whereabouts....and flogs in Adelaide....you are shittin us!?

Whatever he was going to play last night was going to be good. The show was epic.

There's songs I'd have loved to hear (including the ones that people are often slagged for wanting to hear) but it's all good, I knew that whatever he chose to play was going to be terrific, regardless of what album it came from, or for that matter which artist he chose to cover. Bruce is a master showman as well as being one of the all time greats of rock music.

Spent most of the night with my Australian arse on my Australian seat, because Australian back hurt like hell all week. Didn't stop me clapping and singing like a complete tit for 3 hours though.

I did think when I booked for Friday that "concert goers" rather than the hardcore Bruce fans would dominate the audience, to be honest the atmosphere where I was was pretty good, people genuinely enjoying the show. Sure tonight for those that are going will be just as good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back