Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

I've listened 3 times a day since I got it (about 5 days ago).

I have no desire to really listen to it any more :(

A few good ones, but it's slim pickings as far as I'm concerned.

I think WOAD and now Wrecking Ball have been big disappointments and haven't lived up to their hype. I was genuinely expecting this one to be good.

Oh well.

My god, 'This Depression' is epic.

The rest is feeling a bit 'meh' atm, but I'm sure something else will jump out at me soon. I tend to fall in love with songs sometimes months after first hearing them and wonder how I missed "getting it" the first few listens.

From The Telegraph, one man's journey with the The Boss's music.

Why Bruce Springsteen is The Boss for Life

Music can serve different purposes: it can make you dance, it can make you think and, sometimes, it can make you change your life. Bruce Springsteen’s music inspired me because it offered not empty escapism but a route map of how to transcend the constrained world I lived in. Unlike Bob Dylan – whom I also revered – Springsteen’s songs were located in a recognisable world where people lived in towns they wanted to leave, in jobs that left them unfulfilled, in relationships that left them unsatisfied.

Unlike Morrissey – whose very English rendering of alienation appeared arch and whining – Springsteen was always able to find some hope amid the desolation. There was always, to quote the title of one song, a reason to believe. In my fervour, I created a Bruce Springsteen folder into which I put articles on him and photocopied song lyrics that I studied with the intensity usually reserved for religious texts. People laughed; they thought it amusing to see an Asian teenager so pathologically drawn to the music of this almost hyper-American artist.

Why Bruce Springsteen is The Boss for Life

Have heard some of The Boss's stuff in the past (his most well-known stuff) been trying to listen a bit more extensively in the last few weeks to him and he is just brilliant.

The River, Atlantic City, Thunder Road are all wonderful. Absolutely love The Wrestler too (loved it more after I saw the movie though).

Any albums in particular you can advise me to look for to become even more acquainted with him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a cracking wall of sound song this is. The grammys and this version, which as you said Cruyff is better, have already made the album version outdated.

When he tours Oz I hope he brings the extra muso's so we get that wall of sound with song and others. From his website down a 4 or 5 of screens

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL MUSICIANS FOR 2012 "WRECKING BALL" WORLD TOUR
The expanded lineup for this Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tour features singers Cindy Mizelle and Curtis King, trombonist Clark Gayton and trumpeter Curt Ramm, all of whom have toured with Bruce Springsteen in the past, along with newcomer Barry Danielian on trumpet. E Street stalwart Eddie Manion and first time tour member Jake Clemons will share the saxophone role.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

On that clip I had a look at Bruce's face and a couple of times you ca tell he is starting to age. But hell he has bugger all grey hair, a mop of hair and is fit as a mallee bull. Not bad for a 62 year old. Something to aim for.

We Take Care Of Our Own sounds alot better live than the studio version. It'll be interesting to hear the ESB do the new stuff live,a bit of a departure for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back