Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a bit fishy to me. The supposed screenshot from triple m, could have been put together by anyone with some basic Photoshop/web skills. Presale tix next week seems ridiculous with no official announcement yet.

Seems a bit fishy to me. The supposed screenshot from triple m, could have been put together by anyone with some basic Photoshop/web skills. Presale tix next week seems ridiculous with no official announcement yet.
https://news.google.com/news?ncl=dPLCHtxoH_ARdhMAQddd2GGUeVskM&q=bruce+springsteen&lr=English&hl=en

Shows that the Triple M link was legit. There are various screenshots from where the information was posted, it's not simply a case of someone photoshopping it.

I'm expecting ticket prices to be a fair bit higher than last time around. Gudinski now knows he can get away with it. This is going to cost heaps - pit tickets $250+ easily I reckon.

I'll have to return to Australia from my travels so I'll try to limit myself to 1-2 shows, hopefully a 2nd Brisbane date is added. Or I could take a huge gamble and skip it all together and hope he hits North America later in 2014 when I'm there. Hmmmm. Or both, probably both.

MAX
TV Channel · 14,960 likes
HUGE TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT! WATCH THIS SPACE!
From music max FB page.

That seems to tie in with this from BTX:

The Frontier Touring Company will announce the return of Bruce

Springsteen and The E Street Band tomorrow. The embargo lifts at 12.01

this evening (Friday 16th August).

This is growing some massive legs. I'm actually a bit nervous about when they'll put the tickets onsale. Time & money are 2 things I don't have much of ATM!

Pro: Gudinski is going to be on MMM Hot Breakfast tomorrow morning.

Con: Melbourne Victory are fixtured to play at AAMI Park on Feb 15.

I think it's happening, but not sure about that AAMI Park date if Victory are scheduled there. They would have priority.

I'd be surprised if he plays arena shows in every other capital city, but not in Melbourne.

It could be Laver, or Myer Bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

49) The Fuse
Album: The Rising (2002)
Previous rank – 46 (down 3)

What is unique about this song is that Bruce uses a 12 string, and Max uses a drum machine. Not something we hear often in Springsteen songs, and especially together. (I think in the live version he uses a double kicker. I am not 100% sure on that though).

I think it’s one of the best tracks off The Rising. Severely underrated by a lot of Bruce fans and it is played nowhere near enough. It’s got that haunting feel about it too. The drums are what do it for me in this song. Just something about that beat makes me want more. The image I have when I listen to it, is a country town, on a very hot summers day.

Absolutely love the bridge on this track.

Tires on the highway hissin' something's coming
You can feel the wires in the tree tops hummin'
Devil's on the horizon line
Your kiss and I'm alive

It feels almost climatic to an extent, it pulls up short though, which I think is what makes it great.

48) Loose Ends
Album: Tracks (1998)
Previous rank – 30 (down 18)

Is it just me or is The River the album that really got shafted when it comes to leaving off quality tracks? Take em as They Come, Where The Bands Are and now this. How can you leave any of those off? As you’ve probably worked out The River isn’t my favourite album (although I absolutely love some tracks on there). But it could just be so much better, Loose Ends alone on that album would add to its reputation IMO.

To be honest, I have never listened to Tracks in its entirety, I have only previewed it on Amazon, once, and this track never stood out when I listened to it. So I never really went out of my way to listen to it again. Then one day I was sitting on YouTube and this was in related videos. It was a version from the Reunion Tour. As soon as I heard Max pounding on his drums in the intro, I was hooked. I ripped it off YouTube straight away and listened to it several times that day.

I don’t know what else to say about it really. To sum the song up, it’s a relationship gone wrong. Again, like a lot of things off Tracks, it doesn’t get played too often. Big shame, it’s a ripper track.

47) Radio Nowhere
Album – Magic (2007)
Previous rank 27 (down 20)

IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE?

The question asked at the start of pretty much every Magic show, before Bruce and the band would power into Radio Nowhere like no tomorrow.

It’s loud, it’s powerful. The opening intro is a killer, it’s unrelenting, leaving nobody to spare. A great song to tap your foot to. One of those songs that is even better when it’s full blast. When Bruce released this earlier before Magic came out, I was rapt at how good the song was. I knew we were in for a great album if the songs were going to stay at this level.

Personally, the song for me really pumps me up. I used to listen to it when I went on runs, it’d really spur me on.

Here’s a quote from Bruce about the song: "It's an end-of-the-world scenario - he's seeing the apocalypse. All communications are down. That's my business, that's what it's all about - trying to connect to you. It comes down to trying to make people happy, feel less lonely, but also being a conduit for a dialogue about the events of the day, the issues that impact people's lives, personal and social and political and religious. That's how I always saw the job of our band."

46) Death To My Hometown
Album – Wrecking Ball (2012)
*New entry*

When I first heard Death To My Hometown on the recking Ball album it grabbed me instantly. The massive horns, the ferocious drum beat and the unrelenting passon in Bruce’s voice had hooked me in and to be quite frank, I didn’t wantto let go. It was the songthat stood out most on the album and the one I wanted to listen to more than anything else on the album.

Bruce has really thrown everything at the kitchen sink with this and ou can tell. No prisoners are left as it takes you on a four minute American rock n roll, Irish influenced ride. It is just a massive wall of sound that allows you to see Bruce’s flexibility in his writing. He’s pissed off and you can hear it. Awesome track.

45) Thundercrack
Album – Tracks (1998)
*New entry*

Thundercrack… Baby’s back!

Thundercrack is one of Bruce Springsteen’s bet kept hidden secrets if you’re nothing more than a mainstream fan. It has that early Springsteen song feel. Lots of lyrics and syllables per line, and lots going on with the music side of the song. Would be very at home on Greetings right after Blinded By The Light.

It hasa fun loving, free and nonchalant sound to it. It’s a song would play on a nice spring or summer evening while sitting around having a few beers and just loving life.

The instrumental in the middle of the song is lots of fun. The violin gives it a different feel and only adds to the song in a positive manner. Seeing them jam out this on a stage is lots of fun and you can’t help but get caught up in the song and sit there with a big grin on your face seeing how much they are enjoying themselves.

44) Devil’s Arcade
Album – Magic (2007)
Previous rank 51 – (UP 7)

The first song to rise places and the fourth song off Magic to make it onto the list. And boy is it a ripper. The swirling of Danny’s organ draws us in then Soozie’s violin carries us further.

This is not a song that will have you smiling for joy by any means. However, it will make you smile due to the sheer fact it is that damn great of a song. I can’t really find any flaws in it. Musically I find it to be very haunting; the notes on the organ are perfect. Combined with the guitar, and violin, along with Max’s little flurries, it all fits so well together to combine a song so good I am not sure why I have not polled it higher.

Sounds like a soldier who has gone to war and possibly died, or dying. What Devil’s Arcade is exactly, remains unknown.

43) She’s The One
Album: Born To Run (1975)
Previous rank 40 (down 3)

The first track to make it in from Born To Run. In my opinion, Max and Roy really drive this. The drum beat is so commanding, it reminds me of Backstreets. It is furious, it’s thumping and it’s fast. Boom, boom, boom, boom-boom. The floor toms really get a work out. If you notice in the clip I paste, during the first verse, there is a towel over the floor tom, to give it a more a of a heartbeat sound.

Roy’s work on the piano is nothing short of brilliant either. It’s fast and it helps drives the song with Max’s beat. The two combine so well, which is ultimately thanks to Bruce. But you have to give credit to Max and Roy. Then there is that ripping solo from the Big Man about 3/4s of the way through, again a ripper. You can hear that he’s really going for it.

And just to finish it off, Bruce decides to rip out the harmonica. There’s a lot going on in She’s The One. And all of it is great.

42) Real World
*New entry*

There is a huge vulnerability about Real World. Whether it is the sound of Bruce’s voice, or the fact that it is just him and the piano, it gives off a vibe that the person singing this song seems exposed.

If this track had seen the light of day it deserves, I think it would rate very highly. It works so well with just Bruce and the piano. The lyrics are outstanding, and I think his voice is up there with the best it’s been in this recording. It doesn’t sound rough, hoarse, or twangy. It suits the song perfectly. You can feel the passion running through his veins and I think it is an incredibly moving song.

I am pretty sure this was written about Evan too.

41) We Take Care of our Own
Album: Wrecking Ball (2012)
*New entry*

Kick ass. Two apt words to describe this track. One of my favourite songs off Wrecking Ball and boy does it deliver. I loved it from the first time I heard it and I still play it often to this day. Absolutely kick ass.

It’s an absolute belter of a track when it’s done live, and especially when you’re there fist pumping with several thousand other people. The fist pumping, the hey hey’s, all of it just adds to the song and makes the experience so much better.

40) Meeting Across The River
Album: Born To Run
Previous rank – 33 (down 7)

If there ever was a song to precede Jungleland, this is perfect.

I’m pretty sure I heard this the same day I discovered Jungleland, which I think was March 2008. I could be wrong though. I was sitting on YouTube cycling through Bruce clips and I stumbled across the Passaic version of this song.

I thought it was amazing. The song screams desperation. The protagonist is really down on luck. He’s in big strife, with what would seem to be somebody in the mob.

It is a very haunting track. Bruce is only accompanied by a piano and a trumpet, but that’s all he needs and he makes it work. The trumpet adds that element of something different, and I think it really helps the song. For some reason, when I hear the trumpet, I think of the 60s night scene.

This is happening people!!!! Staying up for this :thumbsu: I saw 4 shows on the last tour: 2 arena and the two outdoor shows at Hanging Rock. Wouldn't mind at least one in a huge ****-off stadium this time. Only ever seen AC/DC in a stadium. Also, stadiums = cheaper tickets.

Cruyff14 The Fuse, WTCOOO, Devil's Arcade :thumbsu: Top picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back