Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

So excited for tonight!

saw Bruce twice last year with my old man, and both were the most amazing concerts i have seen. The highlight was definitely jungleland, was simply breathtaking. However we had seats for both of them and this time we are standing up the front, I will be able to get much more into it as a younger fan!

can't wait!

Not to upset you too much Cruyff14, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Jungleland again on this tour. The shiver up my spine came watching Bruce and Jake after the solo. I could be wrong but I just got the feeling it's still a song that's VERY hard for them to perform.

It really is an emotionally draining song for Bruce and the E Street band. While Stevie's guitar solo is memorable and Roy's piano is mesmerising, it really is the seal of the symbiotic relationship between Bruce's guitar and vocals and Clarence's sax.

This rendition from the the NYC concert in 2001 captures the emotion superbly (apologies for the occasionally crappy pictures, bear with it, it's worth it).

Thanks to Cruyff14 I've come to appreciate this song more than ever.

Frick.

Have they started one for Sunday night also?

what's your plan of attack JP...head to the sides?

Are you there Sunday night as well?

Sunday night line hasn't started yet, will start somewhere towards the end of the show tonight. People leave early (sometimes during Dancing, or 10th Avenue apparently) to run outside and get a number.

Unsure of my plan at this stage. Depends on if those 3 'friends' of Bruce's are there before everybody else. I want to be in front of Tom but because the stage is far away I might go around the middle bit. Undecided.

Yep, there Sunday night as well. Again, yet to decide what I'm doing in terms of lineup/roll call. Might say stuff it all and just rock up at 3pm tomorrow. Or I might do it all again.

Black hat right near the barrier. That's the expression when the Boss has just crowd surfed over you

14-72x1000-7E1A85241.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a great night tonight and tomorrow to all my big footy Bruce buddies attending. If he is in the same mood as I saw him in Adelaide you will have a HUGE weekend.

Black hat right near the barrier. That's the expression when the Boss has just crowd surfed over you

14-72x1000-7E1A85241.jpg

Forgot to write about the "**** You Are Good" sign that is in front of Bruce as he is crowd surfing with hat on and the other sign. It must have been in the encore as all the lights were up, a young guy on his mates shoulder held it up, Bruce pointed to acknowledge him and started pissing himself laughing. Probably only ever seen that in Oz.

Last edited:
This is a massive front zone.

Looks like no running around the pit or crowd surfing tonight.

If the venue map is to scale then the stage would be about 40m wide and the pit area about 75m wide as a soccer playing pitch fence to fence is 82mx136m and the pit will be about 30m deep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back