Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

I just found the thread now. I've only seen him the one time: at the Palais Theatre in 1997. I've been looking around for a few releases that I didn't get around to buying at the time and was just wondering what others in here thought about them. Specifically, Tracks, The Ties That Bind, the live in Barcelona set and the 1975 Hammersmith show.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thoughts about them? They're f*cking awesome.

That's what I like to hear.

Is that Hammersmith show audio only, or is there a DVD/Blu-Ray release as well?

Oh yeah, I forgot one; the No Nukes set from '79.

May I assume that it's f**king awesome also?

I reckon it wasn't released on it's own - it was part if the Wings For Wheels doco(which I awesome). But I might be wrong - I'm not all over the release info.
There was a dvd of the gig in the Born to Run box set.

I just found the thread now. I've only seen him the one time: at the Palais Theatre in 1997. I've been looking around for a few releases that I didn't get around to buying at the time and was just wondering what others in here thought about them. Specifically, Tracks, The Ties That Bind, the live in Barcelona set and the 1975 Hammersmith show.

Tracks is a must.

That Palais gig sucked…no air conditioning and right up the top seats…so damn hot

That Palais gig sucked…no air conditioning and right up the top seats…so damn hot
Not the first time I've hated sitting in that top deck at that place. Downstairs is not so bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the first time I've hated sitting in that top deck at that place. Downstairs is not so bad.

2003…paid for Gold tickets and ended up 200m away on the opposite side wing

2013…Rod Laver good seats finally and such a great night, not too big not too small

2014 - AAMI- marathon day; went by myself to get a Pit front of fence.

2017- AAMI- did 2014 again and managed to get up to the Dias and stand at his feet. A highlight of my life.

2003…paid for Gold tickets and ended up 200m away on the opposite side wing

2013…Rod Laver good seats finally and such a great night, not too big not too small

2014 - AAMI- marathon day; went by myself to get a Pit front of fence.

2017- AAMI- did 2014 again and managed to get up to the Dias and stand at his feet. A highlight of my life.
Very impressive. Regardless of where your seats were, which was the best show (I'm assuming they were all very good at least), and did his set list vary much from year to year.

I get the feeling that Springsteen - like Dylan - is an artist who is constantly changing the set lists apart from a handful of non-negotiables.

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me. I love The Bob, but I've seen first hand the difference with him playing a great show and a mediocre one.

The set list thing I knew. I read somewhere that Bob's band rehearse enough material for 4 or 5 sets and then he'll just choose the songs for any given night at random.

Something like that anyway.

That doesn't surprise me. I love The Bob, but I've seen first hand the difference with him playing a great show and a mediocre one.

The set list thing I knew. I read somewhere that Bob's band rehearse enough material for 4 or 5 sets and then he'll just choose the songs for any given night at random.

Something like that anyway.
I saw him with my uncle in Cardiff about twenty years ago and he was incredible and then last time but once he was here I could barely keep eyes open.

I saw him with my uncle in Cardiff about twenty years ago and he was incredible and then last time but once he was here I could barely keep eyes open.
I saw him at Kooyong in the mid '80's with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers as his band, and he and they were great.

Then 1992 at the Palais he was pretty disappointing. He'd changed the arrangements around so much on his songs that half the time I didn't know what he was saying or even what song it was. Very strange gig.

I saw him at Kooyong in the mid '80's with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers as his band, and he and they were great.

Then 1992 at the Palais he was pretty disappointing. He'd changed the arrangements around so much on his songs that half the time I didn't know what he was saying or even what song it was. Very strange gig.
My brother saw him on the 92 tour and said much the same which was a bit disappointing because he was in good nick at that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back