Bruce

Remove this Banner Ad

I have always been a massive Bruce fan but I am sad to say he has lost his passion. The 4x2 relay call was shocking. Massive upset victory and it sounded like a heat swim. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it was a big blunder not bringing Cometti over.

Very sad, he was so good.
Couldn't agree more weevil, I love Bruce but he hasn't done it this time. They had Cometti and chose not to use him.

On the Sydney 4x100m above, I would have watched that race over a hundred times, and I still get tingles in the last 50.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but from what I recall reading, Seven management wanted to 'tone down' their calls this year (mightn't be correct, but oh well).

I love the vintage Bruce, that is simply the best.

But for Phelps, he and the rest of the station will go nuts.

Its not confined to the Aussies folks. Over here the BBC are just as bad. Every daily highlights package will show ONLY GB events, and Phelps, thats it.
I understand them only showing GB events, we are just as bad, my point is that Bruce isn't alone in creaming over Phelps, they are ALL doing it over here too.

Yesterday when I caught the 4x100 girls, it was the first Aussie gold medal I'd seen... replay or not.

Just be thankful you are not in the states. :eek:

good memories:

[youtube]dQQt0eTknxY[/youtube]
That was amazing to watch again. Everyone of them swam the race of their life there. Callus was huge. I thought he was going to get swamped.

Bruce is back where he loves it at the Athletics. Watch him lift as the "specials" start to come out.

That being eight years ago is scary enough. Feels like yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not confined to the Aussies folks. Over here the BBC are just as bad. Every daily highlights package will show ONLY GB events, and Phelps, thats it.
I understand them only showing GB events, we are just as bad, my point is that Bruce isn't alone in creaming over Phelps, they are ALL doing it over here too.

Yesterday when I caught the 4x100 girls, it was the first Aussie gold medal I'd seen... replay or not.

Just be thankful you are not in the states.
:eek:

Phelps-mania is alive and well over here :p

I also think I am the only person who doesn't have a massive hard-on for gymnastics. Don't get me wrong, I don't really mind watching it, but they actually seem to follow it pretty strongly over here. I suppose it helps that the Americans are useful at it.

I still cant understand why he couldnt be passionate when calling the Australian swimming races? FFS, he's a professional sports caller, you think Daryl Eastlake is an expert on all the sports he calls? Dont just blame the station, Bruce was pathetic, simple as that!

Lol, after showing another replay of the Sally McCleland race, the lady with the annoying voice who hosts it made a point of saying "What a great call that was by Bruce McAvaney"

I still cant understand why he couldnt be passionate when calling the Australian swimming races? FFS, he's a professional sports caller, you think Daryl Eastlake is an expert on all the sports he calls? Dont just blame the station, Bruce was pathetic, simple as that!
athletics >>>>>>>>>>>>> lawn bowls >>>>>>>>>>> listen up >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back