Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not crying poor one bit.
Just saying that Carlton's idea of what his value is differs to that of pretty much anyone else.
Suggesting carlton are being unreasonable is just that. What ever value carlton places on him is all that matters. End of story. Next time maybe the crows should try to poach players with less than 3 years remaining on a front ended 5 year contract.

After you place a water a filter under you tap, think about this.

You want a player who has completed 2 years out of a 5 year contract, you may have to pay a little overs.

Secondly unless you have a plan B, your current list won't beat GWS & WB at the least because it does not have the midfield depth. Gibbs is essential unless you can bring in another A grade midfielder. Gibbs is not A+ but he is A grade utility. You probably have the best forward line in the comp but a very shallow midfield.

You realise the water joke is decades old and Adelaide's water is now of higher quality than Melbourne?

Our current list did beat GWS last season, and we were within a kick of the bulldogs at Ethiad. Just a shame they had one umpire give them what 17 free kicks to 1?
But yeah keep spouting your uninformed garbage.

Gibbs isn't even A.
This is according to his salary, performances and Champion Data.

Just because he's one of the best at your club, doesnt mate him A grade.

Suggesting carlton are being unreasonable is just that. What ever value carlton places on him is all that matters. End of story. Next time maybe the crows should try to poach players with less than 3 years remaining on a front ended 5 year contract.

Its not being unreasonable its called trying to be greedy.
Its not working.
Its holding up your other trades.

Carlton don't need to make a deal though. Adelaide do.

Actually no, we dont.

This trade would be mutually beneficial. Carlton have no use for guys with currency over 27 years old.

We dont HAVE to do squat. If it means giving up anyone better than Lyons I absolutely hope we do not do the trade.

Put it this way, it hurts carlton a lot more because they have other deals contingent on getting our pick.
Otherwise, they give up their first for two more GWS rejects and are the big losers of the trade period.

Actually no, we dont.

This trade would be mutually beneficial. Carlton have no use for guys with currency over 27 years old.

We dont HAVE to do squat. If it means giving up anyone better than Lyons I absolutely hope we do not do the trade.

Carlton do not want that potato anyway so i think most of their supporters would hope they do not do that trade also

Its not being unreasonable its called trying to be greedy.
Its not working.
Its holding up your other trades.
Carlton didn't put Bryce up for trade mate. Crows walked into a store and demanded to be sold an item that was not for sale. There is no obligation to sell here, even if that outcome doesn't suit the crow's grand plan. I would strongly argue that this actual situation is what is holding up trades, not how Carlton has acted in response to it. Pretty easy to point a finger at who started that one isn't it?

Carlton didn't put Bryce up for trade mate. Crows walked into a store and demanded to be sold an item that was not for sale. There is no obligation to sell here, even if that outcome doesn't suit the crow's grand plan. I would strongly argue that this actual situation is what is holding up trades, not how Carlton has acted in response to it. Pretty easy to point a finger at who started that one isn't it?

No actually the item told the store keeper he'd like to be sold, even though he wasnt on the shelf.

We are notoriously easy to deal with at the trade table. Nobody has ever had issues in the past, until now.

Do you think it just so happens that we've become unreasonable in a 12 month period...?

They are the ones not being reasonable.

Everyone knows that our first and Lyons was a fair deal.

Everybody knows they were never going to get a Lever or Crouch or McGovern.

Its Carlton holding this up.

Regardless, Carlton are NOT happy to walk away from it. Otherwise they'll be giving up an even higher pick for Marchbank and or Picket.

It seems like theyve gone in with the strategy of "well we've been screwed in the past, so this year we're going to be tight as a nuns you know what"

Tantrum, tantrum. Take it easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No actually the item told the store keeper he'd like to be sold, even though he wasnt on the shelf.

We are notoriously easy to deal with at the trade table. Nobody has ever had issues in the past, until now.

Do you think it just so happens that we've become unreasonable in a 12 month period...?
You think Justin Reid who was his manager when he signed his current deal and now works for the crows had nothing to do with that situation arising? LOL!

Maybe the last few times the crows were involved in trades they entered those negotiations having displayed a greater aptitude for what is and what isn't ethical conduct in the lead in?

Just as a different option, would a player like Riley Knight be a worthy component in a Gibbs trade? He's a promising young forward who has shown huge potential, but found it hard to break into the Crows' forward line this year... I'd hate to see him leave, but I also think that his opportunities would be much better at a club who doesn't have such a strong forward line.

He wants to come home and you call that poaching?

Delusional.

It has nothing to do with his partner having a newborn and wanting to be closer to family???
I'm sure that played a role in his decision. I'm also certain that Adelaide played a role in helping and enabling him to make that decision. Why else would Adelaide have made a media release before even the Gibbs camp had done so? If you think they hadn't been whispering sweet nothings in his ear for a while leading up this then I'm sorry to say but you are the one who is deluded.

Do you honestly believe Adelaide approached Gibbs? Gibbs manager would've approached the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back