Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times has Docherty been AA?

The irony is you're telling me I'm biased while being biased yourself.

I love it how 12 months ago Gibbs wasnt worth much, and now he's suddenly a superstar of the comp, even though the champion data prospectus has him only as Above Average.

Stop making shit up. Gibbs has long been our biggest currency chip.

Also I didn't make claims about who Docherty is better than. You are the one going there. Needless to say we will disagree.

AA is often a farce where non neutral panellists get swayed by legacies and rewarding careers. It is arbitrary and not a negotiating tool.

Its a two team trade.. where blues fans are of the opinion we need to sell the future for the now when I would say our future and now is brighter than theres which is why I asked for neutral imput and got two Carlton fans of opposing opinions so far.

It's not a two team competition.

There are plenty of clubs that have better young players than AFC.

Difference between our two clubs is that we are taking a step backwards so we can rebuild. You're not. Within 1-2 years our young list will be better than yours. That's the point. That's the only reason were entertaining the Gibbs' trade.

Difference between our two clubs is that we are taking a step backwards so we can rebuild. You're not. Within 1-2 years our young list will be better than yours. That's the point. That's the only reason were entertaining the Gibbs' trade.
Brahahahaha

We had a league leading 7 players in the AA U22 squad

In 2 years time those 7 will be 24 years old at most

And Sloane / Tex / Talia 28 or under

Looking forward to playing you next year , the year after that .... and the next few after that !!!

By the time weitering is 25 you might be a sneaky chance

More or less immature than Adelaide running to the media on day one? I'm pretty sure there's primary school kids with better impulse control than Reid.

Its almost as if he knew that it would work in the crows advantage.

Given that is his job, I would say thats pretty mature.

A lot more mature than storming out mid discussion or demanding twice what the player is worth.

Oh wow.
This is just laughable.

Only blues fans would agree with that.

Our young list is younger and better than yours and will continue to be..

Its almost as if he knew that it would work in the crows advantage.

Given that is his job, I would say thats pretty mature.

A lot more mature than storming out mid discussion or demanding twice what the player is worth.

You don't know what he's worth. Here's a clue:

- He's worth what is agreed if we decide to trade him; or

- He's worth more than what you offer if we don't trade him.

That's what he's worth.

Yeah, that's what Matthew Boyd was told a few years ago too.

Smokescreen for his front-ended contract. Go and do a little digging.

Ah so you reckon you're going to do a bulldogs.

Just one thing lacking, about 10 young talented players.

Yet when you have the chance to get TWO, yes TWO for a guy that you have no need for, you're still wanting more.

You don't know what he's worth. Here's a clue:

- He's worth what is agreed if we decide to trade him; or

- He's worth more than what you offer if we don't trade him.

That's what he's worth.

If you try to sell a shitbox car for $100k, its not worth $100k if nobody buys it.

If you try to sell a $5k car for $100k its still worth $5k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our young list is younger and better than yours and will continue to be..

Nope. In two years, having lost consecutive finals, and with players like Crouch x 2 being poached, you will recognise the need to rebuild. And your young list will be well behind. That's how it goes, in cycles. Unfortunately for you, you're not good enough to get to the top this time around. It will be more North Melbourne than Richmond for you, but you'll be rebuilding by 2019.

Nope. In two years, having lost consecutive finals, and with players like Crouch x 2 being poached, you will recognise the need to rebuild. And your young list will be well behind. That's how it goes, in cycles. Unfortunately for you, you're not good enough to get to the top this time around. It will be more North Melbourne than Richmond for you, but you'll be rebuilding by 2019.

The roos had the oldest list in the league.
We have one of the youngest.

You need to actually learn something about football before you shoot your mouth off.

So how much do you charge for card readings?

The roos had the oldest list in the league.
We have one of the youngest.

You need to actually learn something about football before you shoot your mouth off.

Actually, I am fast forwarding two years. Look at NM: best players are aged, like yours (your best player didn't even want to be there). Younger players looking better because of the guys around them. Ring a bell? Bookmark it.

After two years when youve had some more cuttlery added cripps and weitering force there way out of the perpetual spooners and carlton continue their 220 round rebuild..

Actually, I am fast forwarding two years. Look at NM: best players are aged, like yours (your best player didn't even want to be there). Younger players looking better because of the guys around them. Ring a bell? Bookmark it.

Uh what?

Our best players are

Sloane - 26
Walker - 26
Talia - 25
Laird - 22
Betts - 29
Smith - 24
Lynch - 26
Jacobs - 28

We have none of our guns 30+.

Not even close to comparible.

You're judging your success by a dearth of spoons are you? How the mighty have fallen. I always used to think that premierships were the gauge of success. I guess that's where you're different to Port.

Just saying, making the finals most years compared with finishing last a quarter of the time.

There are still varying levels of success beyond premierships.

Given the amount of good draft picks you've had, your squad is quite pathetic.

Take out about 4 or 5 names and its an amateur league team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back