Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Another one who's swallowing the media rubbish created in the last two weeks. Only one player has had an issue with the club and that is because he lied and deceived the club and his team mates, yet we still did the deal quickly in the end. We lost our best player for SFA (sweet free agency) yet did the deal quickly and moved on. Cameron trade will get done despite his manager playing the cards to make us look heartless, yet the club has not bitten at him or even responded except to say he is a required player.

Mate your captain had a sook saying that he doesn't like it when players from the club want to leave, but then is all to happy for when the club turns around and poaches players from other clubs, Lynch, Jacobs, Jenkins, Betts are a few that come to mind that Adelaide have poached over the years from other clubs, bit hypocritical from Walker saying he doesn't like it when players leave the club but is all to happy to poach players from other clubs.

Agree, we should take it and run.
I'm guessing the discussions now are which first round picks.
Yeah the future second rounder is a huge problem it effectively makes it one first rounder and makes it hard to secure Kennedy, perhaps a swap of future second rounders that way adelaide strengthen their draft situation next year and Carlton have a second rounder to use in Kennedy although it's not the best second rounder going around

Think you can get him right?
I guess the question that needs to be asked is: Are his problems physical or mental

Meaning is he struggling to get fit because he wants to be at home and isnt in the right frame of mind, or is his body just not made for modern footy and its taxing style?

I have no idea what's wrong, all I do know is he is the 2nd most gifted player at Essendon only behind Daniher, he has talent to burn just needs to really start working hard and putting in the effort to let it come to the fore.
kid can seriously play great footy, has heaps of guts and power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very objective post. Cannot really judge any trades until they are actually there and playing. Plenty of wins and busts over the year with top 10 picks. I think we've only ever had 2 top 10 picks since 1991 and that was Laurence Angwin and Dangerfield. Now there's a contrast for you.

Interesting contrast. I think that really highlights the science of drafting and how much better clubs have become at accurately identifying talent- still not perfect though.

I have no idea what's wrong, all I do know is he is the 2nd most gifted player at Essendon only behind Daniher, he has talent to burn just needs to really start working hard and putting in the effort to let it come to the fore.
kid can seriously play great footy, has guts in spades.

Take it as you will , but Francis' issues are purely mental, he is burnt out mentally, not enjoying footy and needs a change. That said, Essendon have every right to hold onto him as Pick 6 is a pretty big investment and totally agree he is a huge untapped talent. Would love to get him, but would completely understand Dons holding firm.

There have been a few shitty Crows and Blues fans in this thread, but the vast majority have been ok (the bad ones just post more frequently). The real tools have generally been the 3rd party supporters. I actually really like the Blues (by far my favourite Vic team) and most of their supporters. I just hope that this is settled one way or the other this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back