Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

List management is tough enough as is, so when you lock a player in for 5 years, it's very disruptive to your plans when all of a sudden he requests a trade after just two years.

Anyway Crows didn't seem to work too hard for that trade, just thought would rollover.

I think Gibbs just wants to play for a contender, think the personal reasons crap was just that. If he was so keen to go home for personal reasons he should have also nominated Port.

Yep
Justin Reid was exposed for his lack of experience in 2 ways

1) piss weak deal with Lyons to Suns
2) inability to land Gibbs to Crows as its Adelaide that need him more to progress beyond 2nd week of finals

If anything his lack of experience would have pushed him into overpaying for Gibbs so I don't think #2 is true at all

On the other hand...

Trading Lyons for a third rounder was effing ridiculous. To do so without the Gibbs deal beggars belief.

Crock of shit and you know it.

Front ended contract, then wants to leave when there is big money around for mids at the Crows ie Dustin Martin, join the dots, he wanted back home for the money and his ex Manager and Mark Ricciuto lacky boy Justin Reid cocked up the deal when he went public too early and got carlton offside.

They thought Carlton would jump at 13 and Lyons(pick 46 value) and had no plan B and now are sooking about it and both Reid and Nigel Carmody need to stock up on baby dummies cos they are spitting them out everytime they open their gobs, its got embarrassing listening to their whining drivel.

The last thing you want to do is keep a player that doesnt want to be there. Especially one of your top 5 and senior players.

However, i do like Carlton's thinking keeping a contracted player.

I am sure he will get over it pretty quickly and play a good season.

Nah he wont he will sook it up and get his man bun in a knot over it and we will have to trade him back home at the end of 2017
because he misses his mummy's cooking but hey the Crows might be over him and not want to deal with SOS ever again...love it..

List management is tough enough as is, so when you lock a player in for 5 years, it's very disruptive to your plans when all of a sudden he requests a trade after just two years.

Anyway Crows didn't seem to work too hard for that trade, just thought would rollover.

I think Gibbs just wants to play for a contender, think the personal reasons crap was just that. If he was so keen to go home for personal reasons he should have also nominated Port.

Look how hard Wright worked to land Omeara.
Apparently last night worked with Silvagni to get the pick that finally clinched the deal .
Reid on the other hand has been shown up as embarrassingly amateurish.
Wonder now , how long Adelaide will have to wait for the next class player to take the chance on committing to them ...

Could SOS be any more hopeless? Great rebuild this is, with his strategy of 28yos and NEAFL players.

Hmm, maybe you should read a little expert commentary. Most declaring our trade result excellent.

Lost Tuohy, gained Marchbank, Pickett (proper young talent) and kept #5. Kept Gibbs.

Massive FA kitty for next two years.

Backline rebuilt after two years trading and drafting. Forward line mostly in place.

Midfield needs work over next two drafts. Added Palmer and Smedts as midfield cover in the meantime.

I think the Blues missed a big opportunity here. Looks to be a really strong draft.

Yep ,
We should land a beauty with the pick 5 selection we kept along with 19 and 20 year old Marchbank and Pickett on board .
Gibbs has 5 good years of footy in him , pick 13 was never going to cut it .
Wonder whether Adelaide might challenge for that flag in the next 5 years ... Gibbs and Lyons might have helped ...

Yep ,
We should land a beauty with the pick 5 selection we kept along with 19 and 20 year old Marchbank and Pickett on board .
Gibbs has 5 good years of footy in him , pick 13 was never going to cut it .
Wonder whether Adelaide might challenge for that flag in the next 5 years ... Gibbs and Lyons might have helped ...

I wasn't referring to the picks you already had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could SOS be any more hopeless? Great rebuild this is, with his strategy of 28yos and NEAFL players.

Could be worse. Could've traded in a kid who has blown out his knee twice in the space of a year and won't play next season and a couple of VFL players after sending a few club champions on their merry way.

Both clubs missed an opportunity. The Blues could have had pick 13 in a strong draft along with a good young player - why they didn't accept 13 and Atkins I'll never know. I would have been mighty pissed if the Crows did that deal. The Crows missed a chance to land a senior midfielder as they're entering a window to contend. But you don't pay 2 first rounders for a 28 year old unless he's Franklin/Fyfe good and Gibbs just isn't.

Listening to Caro tonight, sounds like Gibbs blindsighted both clubs, only making his intentions known the Friday before trade week. Both clubs started conversations that weekend so this notion that Reid surprised Carlton by "announcing" it is a red herring. The Blues were filthy with Gibbs for giving them no warning - no mention in his exit interview he wanted to go. So it sounds highly doubtful that a trade was ever going to happen. The mistake supporters of both clubs made was in thinking it would.

Look how hard Wright worked to land Omeara.
Apparently last night worked with Silvagni to get the pick that finally clinched the deal .
Reid on the other hand has been shown up as embarrassingly amateurish.
Wonder now , how long Adelaide will have to wait for the next class player to take the chance on committing to them ...

Wright must have gotten Silvagni tanked. Why did SOS trade next year's second rounder, probably a pick in the early 20s, for pick 48, 66 and 70?

Both clubs missed an opportunity. The Blues could have had pick 13 in a strong draft along with a good young player - why they didn't accept 13 and Atkins I'll never know. I would have been mighty pissed if the Crows did that deal. The Crows missed a chance to land a senior midfielder as they're entering a window to contend. But you don't pay 2 first rounders for a 28 year old unless he's Franklin/Fyfe good and Gibbs just isn't.

Listening to Caro tonight, sounds like Gibbs blindsighted both clubs, only making his intentions known the Friday before trade week. Both clubs started conversations that weekend so this notion that Reid surprised Carlton by "announcing" it is a red herring. The Blues were filthy with Gibbs for giving them no warning - no mention in his exit interview he wanted to go. So it sounds highly doubtful that a trade was ever going to happen. The mistake supporters of both clubs made was in thinking it would.

Very reliable poster on our board reckons GWS were gunning for Adelaide's pick 13, even after Carlton had secured Geelong's 2017 first and agreed on a deal for Marchbank & Pickett. Apparently GWS only backed down when it became clear SOS wasn't going to blink.

Pick 13 was never going to be used in the draft, so Gibbs would amount to the GWS players plus Atkins (in your scenario). That would have been catastrophic for Carlton.

Link to Caro?

Not a mistake. Just because both clubs were blindsided and had little time to prepare that doesn't mean the trade cannot - or should not - be done. Of course it isn't ideal that Gibbs didn't inform Carlton earlier, but they could still have got that deal done. Supporters of both clubs obviously expected that deal to get done, and some of the potential trades offered up at least appeared reasonable (on Adelaide's behalf).

Wright must have gotten Silvagni tanked. Why did SOS trade next year's second rounder, probably a pick in the early 20s, for pick 48, 66 and 70?

Think the 2nd had (GWS) next to it so that would if been more 30+ region.
Thought they traded their own with tuoey for smedts and geelongs 1st.

So 30+ next year for 48, 66 and 70.
Touey and their pick 20ish nedt year for smedts, marchbank, pickett and the other guy.

The 2nd rounder was GWS future 2nd .
Every chance they win the flag next year and after adding on a few picks for compo etc it could be about pick 40 odd ?
Hawthorn won't forget the favor and unfortunately for essendon it killed any chance they had of snaring Omeara :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back